IGNORED

Bristol Manor Farm vs Paulton Rovers FA Trophy

northsomersetred

The referee was dreadful throughout the game (note this is not to justify the behaviour, nor the defeat, Paulton were superb going forward and a particular mention to their 10 who not only gave Manor Farm's defence a torrid time, but also spent a good chunk of the game defending in his own penalty area. The better team on the day won without question). But the referees performance was to the point where one would think he had been club appointed, and even Paulton players were commenting on how bad he was after the game.

After Farm had a player sent of (a rare correct decision, though the original booking was the player reacting to an appalling decision, the second yellow was a nailed on one and a silly tackle to make when already booked) frustrations were rising on the Farm bench.

Lashenko (Farm manager) got booked, or spoken to by the ref late on (do managers get booked? Or just spoken to before getting sent off)

After the game they had the post match handshake just to the right of the goal this was filmed from, everything seemed OK at that point.

Then something clearly got said by either the referee or linesman, because Lashenko completely lost it and turned, going for the ref, calling him a liar amongst other things (you can hear this at 12-13 seconds in).

He was initially pulled away by some players and then tried to have a second go, which is the part that's been filmed.

You can also hear one of the people who went to the game say "he was walking away from you".

I fully understood why he was frustrated, but his behaviour there isn't acceptable at all and he will rightly get a fine, match ban or both.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

The referee was dreadful throughout the game (note this is not to justify the behaviour, nor the defeat, Paulton were superb going forward and a particular mention to their 10 who not only gave Manor Farm's defence a torrid time, but also spent a good chunk of the game defending in his own penalty area. The better team on the day won without question). But the referees performance was to the point where one would think he had been club appointed, and even Paulton players were commenting on how bad he was after the game.

After Farm had a player sent of (a rare correct decision, though the original booking was the player reacting to an appalling decision, the second yellow was a nailed on one and a silly tackle to make when already booked) frustrations were rising on the Farm bench.

Lashenko (Farm manager) got booked, or spoken to by the ref late on (do managers get booked? Or just spoken to before getting sent off)

After the game they had the post match handshake just to the right of the goal this was filmed from, everything seemed OK at that point.

Then something clearly got said by either the referee or linesman, because Lashenko completely lost it and turned, going for the ref, calling him a liar amongst other things (you can hear this at 12-13 seconds in).

He was initially pulled away by some players and then tried to have a second go, which is the part that's been filmed.

You can also hear one of the people who went to the game say "he was walking away from you".

I fully understood why he was frustrated, but his behaviour there isn't acceptable at all and he will rightly get a fine, match ban or both.

Lashenko is a big Gashead is he not?

Manor Farm are a cup team, that is all they worry about. Don't know if it still the case but Lashenko used to contribute a lot towards the players wages. The difference between winning and losing on Saturday was something in the region of £1400. Anyway Paulton v Manor Farm in the league on Saturday, can Paulton make it 3 wins against BMF in 12 days after the 2 cup wins.

Can you explain why the gent in the grey jumper, a committee member by all accounts, is touching the ref and saying 'get the **** in your room' and not trying to get the manager off the pitch?

No matter what the refs have done there is absolutely no need for this and people wonder why there's a ref shortage?

Behaviour like that is the reason i don't ref football, I umpire in the local cricket leagues and behaviour of players and team officials/supporters has started to go downhill over the past few years. We don't deliberatley go out to give bad decisions, we do our best under trying conditions at times.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

Can you explain why the gent in the grey jumper, a committee member by all accounts, is touching the ref and saying 'get the **** in your room' and not trying to get the manager off the pitch?

No matter what the refs have done there is absolutely no need for this and people wonder why there's a ref shortage?

Behaviour like that is the reason i don't ref football, I umpire in the local cricket leagues and behaviour of players and team officials/supporters has started to go downhill over the past few years. We don't deliberatley go out to give bad decisions, we do our best under trying conditions at times.

I can't explain why anyone took the actions they did, that is for them to do themselves.

I just gave a broader picture for context about the game.

• Like 3

Great post and summary of the situation James, top work mate ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

I feel like there are two sides to every story and this video only paints one. Lee is a good bloke and normally very level headed so I believe something must’ve been said by the referee. 

Or just the fact that he wasn't very happy with decisions in the game. He needs to grow up pathetic behaviour.

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

• Admin
13 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

I feel like there are two sides to every story and this video only paints one. Lee is a good bloke and normally very level headed so I believe something must’ve been said by the referee. 

Isn't the saying there are three sides to every story, yours, mine and the truth?

Would be interesting to know what could have been said to make the Manager lose the plot so badly, would it be fair to say he gave a reason why the Manager had been cautioned and the Manager was calling him a liar?

Either way, the FA will no doubt throw the book at the Manager, being online just makes it all even worse for those involved.

As for the guy in the grey, needlessly getting involved and seemingly adding to the problems that will be thrown at BMF after this.

I'm not sure why someone is talking about "he was walking away", hardly the first person to be cautioned or sent off with their back turned etc to the ref

12 hours ago, Paulton Red said:

Now I’m torn...Saturday at the gate or at Winterfield?

I'm guessing there was no issue between the teams?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Super said:

Or just the fact that he wasn't very happy with decisions in the game. He needs to grow up pathetic behaviour.

Apparently the ref was dishing out a bit of industrial language at players and management himself. Doesn’t excuse the reaction clearly BUT it’s not a clever thing to do if you want to avoid this type of incident. If you want to ref at a decent level management of players and officials is all part of it, like it or not. Sounds like the manager shook hands with the ref must have said something and got sent off when he was walking away from the ref.

The FA will no doubt get to the bottom of it taking everything into account not just our view of the video. He can expect a lengthy ban though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

Indeed. Very surprised by the video. Far from the jovial Lee Lashenko you hear on Radio Bris when GT phones him up. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

A fine?

If football is serious about protecting refs he'll get banned from any kind of involvement in football for about 10 years.

So bored hearing about the standard of refs when they have to deal with that.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Bard said:

A fine?

If football is serious about protecting refs he'll get banned from any kind of involvement in football for about 10 years.

So bored hearing about the standard of refs when they have to deal with that.  

Yet another person who doesn't bother to read things through.

I put a fine and or match ban because I don't know what the punishment would be.

Whatever punishment he gets he can hardly complain, I did make that part clear.

I also tried to make it clear, yet apparently not clear enough, that I was not justifying his behaviour. What I said about the game is all context, meaning I understand why he was angry, but doesn't mean I am saying his actions are acceptable. There is a huge distinction between the two things.

The standard of refs at that level is generally pretty good, this guy was as one eyed as it was possible to be. So when it is such an exception to what they normally have, it is very much something that should be mentioned.

The weekend before this they had a referee who, other that letting a couple of over zealous tackles go, which led to handbags once or twice, was letting the game flow well and mostly did well. He didn't do great, but he did ok, while Saturday just gone saying the ref was abysmal would have been too kind. His performance was bad to the degree of being noteworthy of how bad it was.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Yet another person who doesn't bother to read things through.

I put a fine and or match ban because I don't know what the punishment would be.

Whatever punishment he gets he can hardly complain, I did make that part clear.

I also tried to make it clear, yet apparently not clear enough, that I was not justifying his behaviour. What I said about the game is all context, meaning I understand why he was angry, but doesn't mean I am saying his actions are acceptable. There is a huge distinction between the two things.

The standard of refs at that level is generally pretty good, this guy was as one eyed as it was possible to be. So when it is such an exception to what they normally have, it is very much something that should be mentioned.

The weekend before this they had a referee who, other that letting a couple of over zealous tackles go, which led to handbags once or twice, was letting the game flow well and mostly did well. He didn't do great, but he did ok, while Saturday just gone saying the ref was abysmal would have been too kind. His performance was bad to the degree of being noteworthy of how bad it was.

I did read what you said but it changes nothing 

A long ban is needed. It's football and that level of intimidation and aggression is unjustifiable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Bard said:

I did read what you said but it changes nothing 

A long ban is needed. It's football and that level of intimidation and aggression is unjustifiable.

The video still doesn't show the full story. 

20 seconds before this they had done the post match handshake and he was walking to his dressing room.

At that point the referee has said something and decided to send him off.

You can hear him calling the referee a liar, but without knowing what was said it's not possible to know what exactly caused the reaction. 

Was it OK? No.

Is there more to it than just a manager being upset after losing? Yes.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The video still doesn't show the full story. 

20 seconds before this they had done the post match handshake and he was walking to his dressing room.

At that point the referee has said something and decided to send him off.

You can hear him calling the referee a liar, but without knowing what was said it's not possible to know what exactly caused the reaction. 

Was it OK? No.

Is there more to it than just a manager being upset after losing? Yes.

Whatever the ref said doesn't justify his actions. Kick him out the game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I'm guessing there was no issue between the teams?

Very little needle between the teams.

Can remember one point where a couple of Manor Farm players pushed a Paulton one trying to get the ball after they pulled a goal back, and the Paulton player got booked for not letting them have it.

But nothing lasting, they were having a laugh and chat in the clubhouse afterwards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Apparently the ref was dishing out a bit of industrial language at players and management himself. Doesn’t excuse the reaction clearly BUT it’s not a clever thing to do if you want to avoid this type of incident. If you want to ref at a decent level management of players and officials is all part of it, like it or not. Sounds like the manager shook hands with the ref must have said something and got sent off when he was walking away from the ref.

The FA will no doubt get to the bottom of it taking everything into account not just our view of the video. He can expect a lengthy ban though.

I always found it quite odd that refs themselves didn't swear back at players. They get sworn at all the time in all leagues. Surely one or two of them might break and swear back at the manager/ players 

35 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

I always found it quite odd that refs themselves didn't swear back at players. They get sworn at all the time in all leagues. Surely one or two of them might break and swear back at the manager/ players 

Best retort I heard from a ref was “don’t talk like a c#£& and play like one too” ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1