IGNORED

Bristol Manor Farm vs Paulton Rovers FA Trophy

northsomersetred

• Admin
32 minutes ago, RedHienz said:

Not sure it's a justification, really just saying it like it is. Given its not new for managers and players to go off handle it could of been handled better all round, which he has made mention of. 

Fine for sure, ban dosnt really achieve much but having players and coaches attend or take part in awareness courses would be far more effective, thats ultimately the key.

What may go against him is this footage has been shared hundreds of thousands of times over various platforms, where is if it had been kept low key the FA may not have felt the same pressure to respond

I'm actually surprised one of the red tops hasn't ran it yet

16 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hmm.

Obviously, I have no idea what happened or what was said after the final whistle, but it would seem (unless the comment was from a supporter) the first yellow card was warranted.

I assume that if a supporter had made the comment there would have been no yellow card, and it seems that the referee had no idea who made it, hence his comment ‘You’ll have to do’.

Out of interest, what would have happened if the comment had been made by LL and a nearby supporter, aware of the likely penalty, came forward, apologised and told the referee that he was the culprit - given that, to a non-Bristolian, all accents sound the same?

I think the “you’ll have to do” comment is a general one, usually there are 2-3 coaches and up to five subs in or around the dugout. So if none of the 7-8 owned up the manager gets the card.

59 minutes ago, lukebcfc1989 said:

I think its great, all media is good media.

They are playing Paulton again on Saturday you will now have all of the inbreds from that area heading up there to have a go, I will be going for the show. 

Manor Farm may get a sell out

So Paulton fans going for the show are inbreds, yet you yourself are going for the show?

22 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

BMF need to grow some, shocking he's going to get away with it

Arguably they are having balls by not sacking him with all the backlash they are getting.

You just don't see it that way because it's not the outcome you want.

As for bankrolling the club, others probably know more than myself, but speaking to a few other fans in the clubhouse (ones who would have an idea) after the game one of them said Lee had negotiated a larger budget for the season, which suggests it isn't his money, or at least not fully, so the allegation is just that.

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Like 2

• Admin

It is a tricky one

Of course a reaction is throw the book at him, but was it actually any worse than just giving the ref verbals?

Is it worse than the abuse that Warnock gives? or like Fergie gave in the past?

He was unlucky that the moment was recorded and circulated hundreds of thousands of times on social media

To me, he should have made a public apology to the ref etc (lets be honest he doesn't have to actually mean it) and left it at that

I'm still not really sure what the other guy near the end of the video was doing, if he was just a committee member and not a member of the backroom staff he may actually end up in bigger trouble for going onto the pitch etc

Anyway, City are back this weekend so we all worry about BS3 from now on

On 14/10/2021 at 20:28, JamesBCFC said:

Arguably they are having balls by not sacking him with all the backlash they are getting.

You just don't see it that way because it's not the outcome you want.

As for bankrolling the club, others probably know more than myself, but speaking to a few other fans in the clubhouse (ones who would have an idea) after the game one of them said Lee had negotiated a larger budget for the season, which suggests it isn't his money, or at least not fully, so the allegation is just that.

The outcome I and a lot of other people is for this behaviour to stop, it is totally unacceptable and the clubs themselves need to set an example.

BMF bottled it because he bankrolls the club.

And the latest? A 17yr old female ref confronted at half time by 3 adult coaching staff. Big brave lads these.

This behaviour has to stop. The End.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 2

2 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

The outcome I and a lot of other people is for this behaviour to stop, it is totally unacceptable and the clubs themselves need to set an example.

And the latest? A 17yr old female ref confronted at half time by 3 adult coaching staff. Big brave lads these.

I can’t believe the world we live in. I doubt I’ll be able to sleep tonight 

Am I missing something here? That looks like 3 guys wandering over to the referee asking how they saw a particular incident. The referee seems to give her explanation and they wander off again. 

I fail to see a "confrontation" in that video, that looked like it was really well handled on both sides.

• Like 2

Really? Don't see any confrontation! Are refs really that aloof that you are not allowed to talk to them?

4 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

Coaches aren't allowed to talk to the referee now?

That was far from a confrontation, 

The coach has gone over and clearly questioned a decision and the others gone over to see what was said.

It's not even as if all 3 rushed over at once, they all go up individually too.

The first one has walked over, arms by his side and clearly not in an aggressive manner, and you can clearly see from the video there's a 2 way discussion happening.

The second guy is interacting with the linesman to her left.

The third guy doesn't interact at all until the first one has walked away.

Him joining in and the sarcastic clapping by the 2nd one the most unnecessary, sure. But referees aren't gods, and coaches will have questions about certain decisions particularly if they feel decisions haven't been given in an equal way.

Once she explained her decisions they left.

Providing they weren't abusive to her, and didn't try to intimidate her then I see little issue here, and actually it's a clear attempt by the twitter account itself to whip up a furore because its a young woman, ironically in itself therefore being sexist towards her.

And yet all of that is beside the point because you clearly decided to take "the outcome you want" and stretch it into a broader thing rather than about the specific incident that had been discussed the whole way through the thread.

You seem to think referees are untouchable, no matter what. When as it is they have little accountability for their decisions made. Coaches, etc abusing the officials isn't OK, questioning the referee afterward is.

You've also taken the allegations of Lashenko bankrolling the club as fact and repeated it as such when I've told you that others, including the guy who sells their shirts and scarfs, has said things that clearly indicate that isn't the case. 

You have entered this from a completely immovable predetermined point of view which has resulted in nonsense spouted. Again, considering the backlash they've had, they'd arguably have "bottled it" if they bowed to the pressure from social media to sack him, and so you are just saying thay they have because they didn't do what you wanted them to, and you they allege it to be because of a rumour that twitter account has said, which they themselves said because a random fan of another Southern League club said so.

18 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Manor farm won 3-1. Prob better team on the day, just as Paulton were last week. Think there was 8 yellow and 1 red. Lost count in the end. 

What were the penalty calls like? Saw Farm had 2, 2nd resulted in a red for Paulton but not sure if that was a 2nd yellow for someone.

Was Lashenko in the dugout? He must surely have had a ban, but perhaps the decision on his punishment hasn't been made yet.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

What were the penalty calls like? Saw Farm had 2, 2nd resulted in a red for Paulton but not sure if that was a 2nd yellow for someone.

Was Lashenko in the dugout? He must surely have had a ban, but perhaps the decision on his punishment hasn't been made yet.

Both pens in my opinion, same Paulton player booked in both incidents, bit harsh as they were both slightly mis-timed challenges. Yeah Lashenko was in the dugout so can't have been a ban imposed yet..

• Like 2

9 hours ago, frenchred said:

Really? Don't see any confrontation! Are refs really that aloof that you are not allowed to talk to them?

Of course you can talk to them! Provided it's done in a calm manner, like in this video. I can't see anything wrong there at all.

If that is your idea of confrontation then you've lived a very sheltered life. Have you ever watched a football match before?

9 minutes ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

Of course you can talk to them! Provided it's done in a calm manner, like in this video. I can't see anything wrong there at all.

If that is your idea of confrontation then you've lived a very sheltered life. Have you ever watched a football match before?

Did you mean to quote me? I said the same as you!

I was there today, decent little game. Lashenko in the dugout and applauded by BMF fans at the end who also sang "no-one likes us, we are Manor Farm, from The Creek"!

Pen decisions seemed fair though the ref was a bit card happy. 

2 and 11 did have a proper row early doors, but the highlight was no. 11 getting told off by his missus for abusing the ref, literally never seen that before ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2