IGNORED

Hen and Chicken this evening

Bristol Rob

9 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

Over £5 without discount, not sure of the exact amount. Must admit it doesn't stop me buying it though. Drunk Happy Hour GIF by Saturday Night Live

It’s does for me. I can’t remember the last time I bought a pint at AG. It all the years I’ve been going to games I’ve always felt that I was being ripped off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Even though it used to be my local in my formative years, I have only just thought of this question.

What is the difference between a hen and a chicken?

A hen is a female chicken. The chicken is a domesticated subspecies of the red junglefowl originally from southeastern Asia. ????

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Homer Simpson said:

Why is a pint of Thatchers 50% more at Ashton Gate than it is in this pub? Please.

Surely that's obvious. Ashton Gate is open 1/2 a day every 2 weeks for football. So perhaps a full day every 2 weeks including the Rugby.

Try setting up another business with such a limited opening and try and keep prices low.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

9 minutes ago, Selred said:

Surely that's obvious. Ashton Gate is open 1/2 a day every 2 weeks for football. So perhaps a full day every 2 weeks including the Rugby.

Try setting up another business with such a limited opening and try and keep prices low.

Plus most people only have max of 1 or 2 pints.... Most punters wont notice it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I'm quite looking forward to this. Hoping for a lot more candour & honesty from Nige & Richard Gould than we have had in the last few years from Ashton. 

You’ll get that from both of them. They’re straight talking guys - unlike Ashton who head was up his own ass and with utter distain to us fans.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Selred said:

That may be true, but ...

35 minutes ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

£5.40!

When the "sports Bar" first opened, they stated that prices would be the same as local pubs.

⬆️⬆️⬆️ This;

When the ground opened fully, the prices were competitive. I used the Fan park and drank in the ground.
Now it's back to the old school way. Drink in the Pub until we barely have enough time to get in for kick off. 
Not sure why they changed, could have been making a loss I guess. But IMO it's short sighted. 

Still we all have that choice, I prefer the Pub.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Selred said:

Using your logic, how many pubs get 5 or 6 thousand customers (conservative estimate taking rugby into account) every couple of weeks?

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

Using your logic, how many pubs get 5 or 6 thousand customers (conservative estimate taking rugby into account) every couple of weeks?

Not really an accurate comparison - people go to the pub to drink (and sometimes watch football), whilst people go to the stadium to watch football (and sometimes drink).

23 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

I've paid more than £5.30 in pubs in Bristol who are open 7 days a week. I don't think it's actually the worst.

The reasons the likes of Wetherspoons are so cheap is because they bulk buy, plus buy it before it goes off.

Realistically City are £1.50 more expensive, not 50%.

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

A hen is a female chicken. The chicken is a domesticated subspecies of the red junglefowl originally from southeastern Asia. ????

A hen is indeed a female chicken, but it is also the female of all bird species, large and small.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Nige not appearing tonight but Fleming, Weimann, Bentley & Gould will be hosting it. 

The second fan Q&A Nige has missed after taking a last minute pre season holiday when he was due to appear at the fixture release event back in June!

Bit of an odd one tonight considering he's taking training tomorrow.

Anyway, Bents will steal the show tonight. He talks really well and is quite funny too.

• Like 1