IGNORED

Hen and Chicken this evening

Bristol Rob

2 hours ago, Selred said:

Would love to hear Gould explain if he believes £33 for an adult on Saturday, the cheapest ticket remaining for Saturday, is a fair price seeing as we haven't won at home for 15 games.

I know you can get membership, but it's hardly going to attract new support. I'm a member and am paying £30 for the wing of the Dolman which to be honest is over priced. 

£30 for adult in E34.

Steep, but not £33.

E34

Member Adult£25.00

Member 65+£22.00

Member Under-25£22.00

Member Under-22£20.00

Member Under-19£10.00

Member Under-12£5.00

Adult£30.00

Senior 65+£27.00

Under-25£27.00

Under-22£25.00

Under-19£15.00

Under-12£10.00

2 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

As a group of 5 we now just refuse to drink in the ground from this season, £5.60 for a flat tepid pint served in plastic. New pies are also crap and overpriced. As others have alluded to Ashton Gate full stop is overpriced for any casual punter and their family. 

Catering pricing is no different to any other ground of similar size - the casual punter won’t go and find a local pub / park wall to drink on. They’ll be attending a game at a football ground and embracing that experience. 

Plus the range of drinks available at Ashton Gate is superior to a lot of the rubbish basic bottled ranges we experience at away games around the country.

9 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

Catering pricing is no different to any other ground of similar size - the casual punter won’t go and find a local pub / park wall to drink on. They’ll be attending a game at a football ground and embracing that experience. 

Plus the range of drinks available at Ashton Gate is superior to a lot of the rubbish basic bottled ranges we experience at away games around the country.

What % of fans are casual punters? If you think the prices are acceptable then fine but many SC holders are taking their business elsewhere.

As for the casual non members hoping to take their families to a game they will look at the price of tickets and overpriced poor concessions and say no thanks, or not again, I know plenty who have already.

At least our home form will keep the fans coming back for more. 

Edited by Dynamite Red

11 hours ago, Selred said:

Surely that's obvious. Ashton Gate is open 1/2 a day every 2 weeks for football. So perhaps a full day every 2 weeks including the Rugby.

Try setting up another business with such a limited opening and try and keep prices low.

Remind me of the last time a pub in bedminster, or any pub for that matter, had 20k  (sometimes 40k) through the doors over the course of a week? 

The club are ripping the fanbase off for crap pints, let’s not gloss over with some poor excuse about opening times. They also whack the price up every season, it used to be somewhat reasonable with a season ticket just a few seasons ago.

• Like 4

• Admin
1 hour ago, tommy_b said:

I wonder what we sell to the away supporters at Ashton Gate? 

1 hour ago, One Team said:

Be good to hear or read a transcript of what’s said tonight if anyone has time. ?

Surprisingly very quiet on here tonight 

5 hours ago, Selred said:

Would love to hear Gould explain if he believes £33 for an adult on Saturday, the cheapest ticket remaining for Saturday, is a fair price seeing as we haven't won at home for 15 games.

I know you can get membership, but it's hardly going to attract new support. I'm a member and am paying £30 for the wing of the Dolman which to be honest is over priced. 

Indirectly, I did ask this question for you (to Richard), pointing out that a ticket for this weekend was more than 1 month subscription to Sky Sports.

The answer was largely as expected, there wasn't really one.

I did try and press the point that whilst I acknowledged his answer that live sport was better than televised, and that being was better than viewing; it didn't really address the issue.

Suffice to say there is no real answer, but the question was asked.

But that doesn't get people off the armchair, but solutions rather suggestions might help with a lot of the challenges the club face.

So, my suggestion to everyone is to think of your question/suggestion - basically try and answer your own question, and see where things go.

I know from chatting at the bar after (thanks for the pint Richard!), there is a real willingness to understand the frustrations, and if the fix is reasonable the desire is there to implement it.

We just need to be mindful of benefit on spend.

• Like 8

22 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The second fan Q&A Nige has missed after taking a last minute pre season holiday when he was due to appear at the fixture release event back in June!

Bit of an odd one tonight considering he's taking training tomorrow.

I don't think this is odd at all.  He seems to get hit with illness with Covid, though presumably not as bad this time as last.  Therefore his immune system is still getting back to strength and he'd be susceptible to picking up stuff.  At the moment there are an awful lot of pretty bad coughs and colds around, and so it wouldn't make sense for him to go into a crowded pub where lots of people are going to be and to want some time with him.  Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

I don't think this is odd at all.  He seems to get hit with illness with Covid, though presumably not as bad this time as last.  Therefore his immune system is still getting back to strength and he'd be susceptible to picking up stuff.  At the moment there are an awful lot of pretty bad coughs and colds around, and so it wouldn't make sense for him to go into a crowded pub where lots of people are going to be and to want some time with him.  Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

I agree. I've had that bad cough for weeks now, the last thing anyone needed was me sat in there phlegming away all night.

If there's one person we don't want to be out of action at the moment, it's not any of the players frankly, it's the manager.  

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Remind me of the last time a pub in bedminster, or any pub for that matter, had 20k  (sometimes 40k) through the doors over the course of a week? 

The club are ripping the fanbase off for crap pints, let’s not gloss over with some poor excuse about opening times. They also whack the price up every season, it used to be somewhat reasonable with a season ticket just a few seasons ago.

I’m not disagreeing with what you say, but the problem is that for every thread about the prices (tickets or food and drinks) there are 10 threads every transfer window expecting us to go out and sign a proven Championship goal scorer!

At the end of the day it’s one of the ways the club makes money, and I’d imagine they have better brains than mine figuring out the sweet spot between price and demand that makes most £££s. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Indirectly, I did ask this question for you (to Richard), pointing out that a ticket for this weekend was more than 1 month subscription to Sky Sports.

Live football matches are unscripted theatre and how much is a ticket to see a live show in the Hippodrome?

The last time I went the seats were £45 for a two hour show. The bar prices were excessive as we’re snacks.

Football is no different.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Live football matches are unscripted theatre and how much is a ticket to see a live show in the Hippodrome?

The last time I went the seats were £45 for a two hour show. The bar prices were excessive as we’re snacks.

People aren't 'connected' to the Theatre like supporting a football club mate. People generally go occasionally as a treat to the theatre.

Football should be accessible to the working man and shouldn't be penalised for not having a season ticket imo.

Many have family or work obligations which come first, but would love to be able to support their club at the drop of a hat without having to fork out a small fortune to do so. 

The entertainment value compared to cost is far removed imo.

I can fully understand why some would rather pay for TV subscription or go down the pub with mates and watch games and have fun.

This is a good read...it's something we as a country need to do.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/tickets-2019-20-bayern-munich-borussia-dortmund-schalke-rb-leipzig-5342

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

buying in smaller quantities is always more expensive,probably why the gas sell out of date stuff

12 minutes ago, spudski said:

People aren't 'connected' to the Theatre like supporting a football club mate. People generally go occasionally as a treat to the theatre.

Football should be accessible to the working man and shouldn't be penalised for not having a season ticket imo.

Many have family or work obligations which come first, but would love to be able to support their club at the drop of a hat without having to fork out a small fortune to do so. 

The entertainment value compared to cost is far removed imo.

I can fully understand why some would rather pay for TV subscription or go down the pub with mates and watch games and have fun.

This is a good read...it's something we as a country need to do.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/tickets-2019-20-bayern-munich-borussia-dortmund-schalke-rb-leipzig-5342

Most of us regular fans know that a SC is the most economical way of watching City. For me it works out at £20 per Championship game.

I appreciate that not everyone can afford a SC or they can’t make every home game for what ever reason but every club has to resource as much income as it can and PotD prices have to be significantly higher than what a SC holder pays. 

An extra tenner per game seems reasonable to me.

• Hmmm 1

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Most of us regular fans know that a SC is the most economical way of watching City. For me it works out at £20 per Championship game.

I appreciate that not everyone can afford a SC or they can’t make every home game for what ever reason but every club has to resource as much income as it can and PotD prices have to be significantly higher than what a SC holder pays. 

An extra tenner per game seems reasonable to me.

Why does it have to be more expensive? It doesn't. A season ticket guarantees your preferred seat and that you've been able to organise to sit close to friends.

Potd...you get what's left over.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Why does it have to be more expensive? It doesn't. A season ticket guarantees your preferred seat and that you've been able to organise to sit close to friends.

Exactly. Pay on the day prices in this country are scandalous and anyone defending it needs to have a look at themselves IMO.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

And very sensible ?

2 hours ago, spudski said:

And quite right too - if you want to sit with your mate every game then get a SC - if you can afford it.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

An extra tenner per game seems reasonable to me

I know you sit in the Dolman. I'm in the wings of the Dolman Saturday and my friend, non member, is paying £35. 75% increase in your ticket. That's insane. 

He is a football fan. Fond of City. But if we play poorly can you blame him for not coming again? No. 

Not much about the clubs prices attracts new fans right now. And don't get me started on our disgusting away ticket prices at the gate. 

• Like 2