Jump to content
IGNORED

Hen and Chicken this evening


Bristol Rob
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, billywedlock said:

What price is the right price ? I recently paid £28 for standing on a terrace at an away game in L’1 . I thought that was robust for a ground with zero facilities . 
 

As City will have 2000 plus empty seats in the away end and near 5000 other empty seats , yes £35 is too much . No idea how you find pricing sensitivity but it feels like it needs to be under £30 . 
 

 

Feel everything needs to go down a price bracket. We are charging Lansdown prices in the Dolman, and Dolman prices in the South Stand. To be fair I don't think season tickets are badly priced. But I personally feel fans should be able to see City, albeit in the worst seats, at circa £20. Dolman should be £25 for members, £30 for non members perhaps. Again still high but feels more fair? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Distortia said:

Classic OTIB - a thread detailing a really interesting fan forum that only a few lucky fans could attend, and the entire thread is full of debate about cider costs at the ground 🤣 never change folks!

It might help if someone who was there could tell us what some of the interesting things raised at the forum were! That might help steer the debate towards those issues instead. 
 

Thanks to @shahanshahan and @Bristol Rob, but otherwise no mention of what was discussed from someone there - and Rob suggested that prices was one of them! 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Was anything asked about how we can maximise the atmosphere at the ground?

I saw someone on Twitter suggest asking a question about the placement of vocal fans relative to away fans and whether that can be rethought. Was that discussed?

There’s no mention of that on here so I guess not.

The placement of the ‘singing section’ doesn’t help at all. The away fans get the Atyeo which is down to the police allowing them easy exiting onto Ashton Rd and not mixing with home fans most of whom have left by the time the Atyeo gates are opened.

Nothing the club can do about it unfortunately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

There’s no mention of that on here so I guess not.

The placement of the ‘singing section’ doesn’t help at all. The away fans get the Atyeo which is down to the police allowing them easy exiting onto Ashton Rd and not mixing with home fans most of whom have left by the time the Atyeo gates are opened.

Nothing the club can do about it unfortunately.

Well no, there hasn't been a proper write up yet so it may well have been discussed.

The club should've factored this in when designing the ground - as it stands the vocal fans are physically as far from the away fans as possible. The interaction between those two groups is needed for atmosphere.

The club should've designed the ground so home fans get the Atyeo and away fans were in the adjacent corner of the Lansdown or Dolman. Logistics and accessibility could've been thought out properly whilst maximising atmosphere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Well no, there hasn't been a proper write up yet so it may well have been discussed.

The club should've factored this in when designing the ground - as it stands the vocal fans are physically as far from the away fans as possible. The interaction between those two groups is needed for atmosphere.

The club should've designed the ground so home fans get the Atyeo and away fans were in the adjacent corner of the Lansdown or Dolman. Logistics and accessibility could've been thought out properly whilst maximising atmosphere.

Can't say I agree particularly, it's a multi-use stadium, singers come and go and whilst it would be nice to have the more vocal element of the support closer to the away fans, there was nothing stopping that group from buying either Dolman or Lansdown tickets and making a noise from those seats.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can't say I agree particularly, it's a multi-use stadium, singers come and go and whilst it would be nice to have the more vocal element of the support closer to the away fans, there was nothing stopping that group from buying either Dolman or Lansdown tickets and making a noise from those seats.

 

Apart from the massive carrot dangled by the club that the singing section was made the cheapest tickets in the ground

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Well no, there hasn't been a proper write up yet so it may well have been discussed.

The club should've factored this in when designing the ground - as it stands the vocal fans are physically as far from the away fans as possible. The interaction between those two groups is needed for atmosphere.

The club should've designed the ground so home fans get the Atyeo and away fans were in the adjacent corner of the Lansdown or Dolman. Logistics and accessibility could've been thought out properly whilst maximising atmosphere.

My understanding is that the police want away fans ‘kettled’ in the Atyeo stand to enable home fans the opportunity to leave AG on the full time whistle before they are allowed to exit onto Ashton Rd.

Unfortunately the Atyeo has excellent acoustics - hence the away fans making so much noise.

I don’t think there’s much the club can do unless they’re willing to relocate the singing section to behind the SS goal but that would mean moving the existing SC holders. I can’t imagine the club wanting to do that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

My understanding is that the police want away fans ‘kettled’ in the Atyeo stand to enable home fans the opportunity to leave AG on the full time whistle before they are allowed to exit onto Ashton Rd.

Yep

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Unfortunately the Atyeo has excellent acoustics - hence the away fans making so much noise.

It doesn't particularly - but any large group of vocal fans can make a noise regardless

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I don’t think there’s much the club can do unless they’re willing to relocate the singing section to behind the SS goal but that would mean moving the existing SC holders. I can’t imagine the club wanting to do that.

No there probably isn't now - but they should've thought about it when redesigning the ground. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, dazza247 said:

I'm not sure there were any amazing revelations that came out of the fans forum. It was good for the club to arrange it and they want to make it clear that they are hoping to be transparent and open to communication with any issues that supporters have. All speakers were well trained in responding to questions so didn't say anything too controversial or revealing. 

 

Main points that I can remember:

1. No plans to move away fans from the atyeo as our fans won't want to pay to sit in the place with the worst facilities. Mark Kelly mentioned that they had Harlequins supporters in the Upper Lansdown for a Bristol match and they actually generated more noise. Also issues with segregating concourse etc if away fans moved. 

2. Dan Bentley gave a really interesting answer about social media comments and the affect it can have on players and how social media companies need to do more about it. He personally is thick skinned and doesn't pay attention to views of those he doesn't respect/keyboard warriors. Also mentioned that people won't understand the demands of championship football. 

When asked about his own future, he has ambitions to play at the top level, hopefully with us. He has two children and has an affinity with the area. Said you'll have to ask the club about plans for him.  He came across well during the q and a. Used to play up front as a kid and would love to be a striker and get the glory but obviously stuck with goalkeeping when scouted by Arsenal rather than a career in amateur football up front.

3. Weimann wasn't really asked any direct questions and was a little shier. His favourite away game as a City player was obviously Sheff United. Bentley referenced some decent recent away wins at Cardiff and QPR. Weimann is Alex Scott's taxi driver so hoping that he makes it big and remembers him in the future!

4. Both players spoke about how good the team spirit is this year and how they're all working hard to get it right. Home form not discussed/not a big issue in the changing room. Everyone keen to put it right for the fans. As senior players Weimann and Bentley would address any issues with players not working hard enough but Nigel has got them all doing this as an absolute minimum. Apparently we've out run every team this season demonstrating how fit we are. Matching the work ethic of the opposition and hopefully surpassing them is the absolute minimum expected by Pearson. Weimann felt we didn't get pre season right last year as there was only a 2 week break and it was probably felt they'd already be fit enough.

5. They wanted to put on record how grateful they are for fan support home and the extra commitment from those that go away. 

 

6. Curtis Fleming came across well with a good sense of humour. He only spoke to Nigel once a year or so prior to his appointment as assistant manager. Impressed with the facilities at Ashton Gate/high performance centre. 

7. Regarding January transfers it depends where we are in the league but suggested we'd be continuing to look for cheaper options (eg free transfers). 

8. Richard Gould spoke about how parachute payments make the league unfair but that the premier League are never going to vote against it. 

 

If there's anything else that comes back to me of great importance I'll share! Also folks from Three Peaps in a podcast were definitely there so imagine they'll mention bits in future podcasts.

 

Thanks for the write up - doesn't sound like anything of any real substance was discussed.

Personally I don't see a great deal of value in having players there, I was under the impression it was more an event for the management/Gould. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Well no, there hasn't been a proper write up yet so it may well have been discussed.

The club should've factored this in when designing the ground - as it stands the vocal fans are physically as far from the away fans as possible. The interaction between those two groups is needed for atmosphere.

The club should've designed the ground so home fans get the Atyeo and away fans were in the adjacent corner of the Lansdown or Dolman. Logistics and accessibility could've been thought out properly whilst maximising atmosphere.

Im sure the club did think about it when the ground was rebuilt. The Atyeo has the worse concourse facilities, so it makes sense to put the away fans there.  Also it’s self contained so segregation is easy  With the current design, the concourse is a continuous U shape running under 3 stands. If the away fans were put into the corner of the Dolman, the current Grenville Smyth Park entrance would be for away fans only. Rather inconvenient if your a City fan coming from that way and want to get to the Dolman and a loss of a large part of that concourse for home fans. Also, probably one block in the Dolman would have been lost due to segregation 

Edited by pongo88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

Im sure the club did think about it when the ground was rebuilt. The Atyeo has the worse concourse facilities, so it makes sense to put the away fans there.  Also it’s self contained so segregation is easy. Unfortunately, although hooliganism isn’t anywhere near as bad as it was, there are still sufficient loonies around who would love to be next to rival fans just to cause a bit of agro.  With the current design, the concourse is a continuous U shape running under 3 stands. If the away fans were put into the corner of the Dolman, the current Grenville Smyth Park entrance would be for away fans only. Rather inconvenient if your a City fan coming from that way and want to get to the Dolman and a loss of a large part of that concourse for home fans. Also, probably one block in the Dolman would have been lost due to segregation 

Agreed - I can completely understand the rationale. Just think the planning has been massively detrimental to the atmosphere and allows the potential for the away side to have a marginal advantage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Thanks for the write up - doesn't sound like anything of any real substance was discussed.

Personally I don't see a great deal of value in having players there, I was under the impression it was more an event for the management/Gould. 

Presumably the players were added to the guest list last minute as Nigel Pearson was unable to attend. Would've been interesting to see how honest and forthright Nigel would be at such an event. Think a lot of the fans would've been preparing to ask him questions (pre covid) and he would've given a good insight into his plans for us to progress over the next three years etc. With Curtis Fleming a relative newbie and not the man in charge it limited how much information was likely to come out from the event. Still a nice positive showing from the club and an effort to be more accessible to the fans. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, dazza247 said:

Presumably the players were added to the guest list last minute as Nigel Pearson was unable to attend. Would've been interesting to see how honest and forthright Nigel would be at such an event. Think a lot of the fans would've been preparing to ask him questions (pre covid) and he would've given a good insight into his plans for us to progress over the next three years etc. With Curtis Fleming a relative newbie and not the man in charge it limited how much information was likely to come out from the event. Still a nice positive showing from the club and an effort to be more accessible to the fans. 

Good point, I think you're right. Yes in those circumstances including the players makes complete sense. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

My understanding is that the police want away fans ‘kettled’ in the Atyeo stand to enable home fans the opportunity to leave AG on the full time whistle before they are allowed to exit onto Ashton Rd.

Is this a fact or an opinion?

I've never heard or read this before, especially as away fans leave the ground at the same time as us

1 hour ago, dazza247 said:

1. No plans to move away fans from the atyeo as our fans won't want to pay to sit in the place with the worst facilities. Mark Kelly mentioned that they had Harlequins supporters in the Upper Lansdown for a Bristol match and they actually generated more noise.

I could be wrong but I could have sworn the Quins supporters were all in E34 that evening

23 minutes ago, stortfordred said:

Don’t remember it being very good back in the day when there was City in there. I even remember people complaining because of the way the roof sloped. 

Just one of the many excuses that get spun when our singing section is criticised 

We all know it is easier for an away crowd to generate more noise at most grounds, lets be honest it won't make any difference where they are put at Ashton Gate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

Is this a fact or an opinion?

I've never heard or read this before, especially as away fans leave the ground at the same time as us

I could be wrong but I could have sworn the Quins supporters were all in E34 that evening

Just one of the many excuses that get spun when our singing section is criticised 

We all know it is easier for an away crowd to generate more noise at most grounds, lets be honest it won't make any difference where they are put at Ashton Gate

W7-W9 according to this on the Harlequins website. https://www.quins.co.uk/news/gallagher-premiership-semi-final-ticketing-faqs/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, stortfordred said:

Don’t remember it being very good back in the day when there was City in there. I even remember people complaining because of the way the roof sloped. 

Yep, because the roof is pointing up the noise travels up and away from the rest of the ground. 

Is a bit in that maybe, but think it was more of an excuse as to why it's so quiet at times. 

We've since witnessed at times how loud the ground can be, especially when there's something to cheer about!

As for moving the away supporters, it will never happen, and why should it. The facilities are all there, it's self contained, and unless we put home support in there with away fans, the segregation sorts itself out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, phantom said:

Is this a fact or an opinion?

Fact

I've never heard or read this before, especially as away fans leave the ground at the same time as us

Depends who the opposition are. Clubs like Milwall, Cardiff, Swansea, Baggies or any other club that the police consider a risk to public safety are kept in after the match.

Just one of the many excuses that get spun when our singing section is criticised 

Im not criticising the singing section at all - they try their best but being stuck in the corner of the SS is a hinderance. I’m in level with the penalty box Atyeo end and can barely hear them - the away fans on the other hand are…………..

We all know it is easier for an away crowd to generate more noise at most grounds, lets be honest it won't make any difference where they are put at Ashton Gate

The Singing section should be behind the SS goal for maximum effect.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dazza247 said:

I'm not sure there were any amazing revelations that came out of the fans forum. It was good for the club to arrange it and they want to make it clear that they are hoping to be transparent and open to communication with any issues that supporters have. All speakers were well trained in responding to questions so didn't say anything too controversial or revealing. 

 

Main points that I can remember:

1. No plans to move away fans from the atyeo as our fans won't want to pay to sit in the place with the worst facilities. Mark Kelly mentioned that they had Harlequins supporters in the Upper Lansdown for a Bristol match and they actually generated more noise. Also issues with segregating concourse etc if away fans moved. 

2. Dan Bentley gave a really interesting answer about social media comments and the affect it can have on players and how social media companies need to do more about it. He personally is thick skinned and doesn't pay attention to views of those he doesn't respect/keyboard warriors. Also mentioned that people won't understand the demands of championship football. 

When asked about his own future, he has ambitions to play at the top level, hopefully with us. He has two children and has an affinity with the area. Said you'll have to ask the club about plans for him.  He came across well during the q and a. Used to play up front as a kid and would love to be a striker and get the glory but obviously stuck with goalkeeping when scouted by Arsenal rather than a career in amateur football up front.

3. Weimann wasn't really asked any direct questions and was a little shier. His favourite away game as a City player was obviously Sheff United. Bentley referenced some decent recent away wins at Cardiff and QPR. Weimann is Alex Scott's taxi driver so hoping that he makes it big and remembers him in the future!

4. Both players spoke about how good the team spirit is this year and how they're all working hard to get it right. Home form not discussed/not a big issue in the changing room. Everyone keen to put it right for the fans. As senior players Weimann and Bentley would address any issues with players not working hard enough but Nigel has got them all doing this as an absolute minimum. Apparently we've out run every team this season demonstrating how fit we are. Matching the work ethic of the opposition and hopefully surpassing them is the absolute minimum expected by Pearson. Weimann felt we didn't get pre season right last year as there was only a 2 week break and it was probably felt they'd already be fit enough.

5. They wanted to put on record how grateful they are for fan support home and the extra commitment from those that go away. 

 

6. Curtis Fleming came across well with a good sense of humour. He only spoke to Nigel once a year or so prior to his appointment as assistant manager. Impressed with the facilities at Ashton Gate/high performance centre. 

7. Regarding January transfers it depends where we are in the league but suggested we'd be continuing to look for cheaper options (eg free transfers). 

8. Richard Gould spoke about how parachute payments make the league unfair but that the premier League are never going to vote against it. 

 

If there's anything else that comes back to me of great importance I'll share! Also folks from Three Peaps in a podcast were definitely there so imagine they'll mention bits in future podcasts.

 

He's not that thick skinned, he requested a meeting with Gregor (with Dave Barton in attendance as well) when he got a low score (maybe 4/10) in the Bristol Post. 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/10/2021 at 23:27, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Remind me of the last time a pub in bedminster, or any pub for that matter, had 20k  (sometimes 40k) through the doors over the course of a week? 
 

If the club puts its prices up much higher they all will! 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Im sure the club did think about it when the ground was rebuilt. The Atyeo has the worse concourse facilities, so it makes sense to put the away fans there.  Also it’s self contained so segregation is easy  With the current design, the concourse is a continuous U shape running under 3 stands. If the away fans were put into the corner of the Dolman, the current Grenville Smyth Park entrance would be for away fans only. Rather inconvenient if your a City fan coming from that way and want to get to the Dolman and a loss of a large part of that concourse for home fans. Also, probably one block in the Dolman would have been lost due to segregation 

Wasn’t it the case that the singers were still occupying the Atyeo when the South stand was opened, and season cards were sold before they were moved into the corner from the Atyeo.

That is the thing that needs fixing, make the back ten rows of the South stand safe standing and allow the singers to relocate to that area, that will encourage more people to join them and increase the noise levels.

When the ground was redeveloped a bit at a time no thought was given to the location any singers.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dazza247 said:

I'm not sure there were any amazing revelations that came out of the fans forum. It was good for the club to arrange it and they want to make it clear that they are hoping to be transparent and open to communication with any issues that supporters have. All speakers were well trained in responding to questions so didn't say anything too controversial or revealing. 

 

Main points that I can remember:

1. No plans to move away fans from the atyeo as our fans won't want to pay to sit in the place with the worst facilities. Mark Kelly mentioned that they had Harlequins supporters in the Upper Lansdown for a Bristol match and they actually generated more noise. Also issues with segregating concourse etc if away fans moved. 

2. Dan Bentley gave a really interesting answer about social media comments and the affect it can have on players and how social media companies need to do more about it. He personally is thick skinned and doesn't pay attention to views of those he doesn't respect/keyboard warriors. Also mentioned that people won't understand the demands of championship football. 

When asked about his own future, he has ambitions to play at the top level, hopefully with us. He has two children and has an affinity with the area. Said you'll have to ask the club about plans for him.  He came across well during the q and a. Used to play up front as a kid and would love to be a striker and get the glory but obviously stuck with goalkeeping when scouted by Arsenal rather than a career in amateur football up front.

3. Weimann wasn't really asked any direct questions and was a little shier. His favourite away game as a City player was obviously Sheff United. Bentley referenced some decent recent away wins at Cardiff and QPR. Weimann is Alex Scott's taxi driver so hoping that he makes it big and remembers him in the future!

4. Both players spoke about how good the team spirit is this year and how they're all working hard to get it right. Home form not discussed/not a big issue in the changing room. Everyone keen to put it right for the fans. As senior players Weimann and Bentley would address any issues with players not working hard enough but Nigel has got them all doing this as an absolute minimum. Apparently we've out run every team this season demonstrating how fit we are. Matching the work ethic of the opposition and hopefully surpassing them is the absolute minimum expected by Pearson. Weimann felt we didn't get pre season right last year as there was only a 2 week break and it was probably felt they'd already be fit enough.

5. They wanted to put on record how grateful they are for fan support home and the extra commitment from those that go away. 

 

6. Curtis Fleming came across well with a good sense of humour. He only spoke to Nigel once a year or so prior to his appointment as assistant manager. Impressed with the facilities at Ashton Gate/high performance centre. 

7. Regarding January transfers it depends where we are in the league but suggested we'd be continuing to look for cheaper options (eg free transfers). 

8. Richard Gould spoke about how parachute payments make the league unfair but that the premier League are never going to vote against it. 

 

If there's anything else that comes back to me of great importance I'll share! Also folks from Three Peaps in a podcast were definitely there so imagine they'll mention bits in future podcasts.

 

You got your Mcinnes fans forum notes anywhere? Would be interested to see them!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Maldini said:

You got your Mcinnes fans forum notes anywhere? Would be interested to see them!

That post doesn't appear to be in my posting history. Think I was rather optimistic about the future under Del Boy at that point. Think I did a long transcript of a SL interview too at some point. No time for that level of detail anymore with a young child I'm afraid!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...