IGNORED

Hen and Chicken this evening

Bristol Rob

38 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Wasn’t it the case that the singers were still occupying the Atyeo when the South stand was opened, and season cards were sold before they were moved into the corner from the Atyeo.

That is the thing that needs fixing, make the back ten rows of the South stand safe standing and allow the singers to relocate to that area, that will encourage more people to join them and increase the noise levels.

When the ground was redeveloped a bit at a time no thought was given to the location any singers.

From memory, which may be a bit dodgy, I think the “singers” were in the Atyeo when the South Stand was opened because the old Williams Stand was demolished and the replacement Lansdown hadn’t been built. This meant ex Williams season ticket holders were moved to the South Stand. When these people later moved to the Lansdown there was obviously more space in the South Stand. Groups of people were moved all over the place during redevelopment, probably without any thought to a long term plan. 

In reality, the issue isn’t about the location of “singers”. The issue is about the location of those who want to stand up. It would be a lot better if the “singing section” was called the “standing section”, which it is 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

Im not criticising the singing section at all - they try their best but being stuck in the corner of the SS is a hinderance. I’m in level with the penalty box Atyeo end and can barely hear them - the away fans on the other hand are…………..

Yeah you can hear the away end because you're next to it. The other penalty box of the Dolman where I sit it's the opposite. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

@Robbored

The police do not “kettle” away fans, nor do they hold them back so your “fact” isn’t correct.

Avon and Somerset police feel doing this is counter productive and actually makes situations worse. 

@JulieH could you confirm?

I was given this information by a former Senior member of the AG set up - it was several years ago tho.