IGNORED

Coventry away

BCFC1512

7 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

The only time I went was when both teams were in League 1 a few seasons ago. There was little home attendance & I'm sure the away fans outnumbered the home ones?

Like you, I have only been to Coventry once - 40 years ago.

By coincidence, I am pretty sure the away fans outnumbered the home fans - it certainly seemed like it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 2

1 hour ago, shahanshahan said:

The only time I went was when both teams were in League 1 a few seasons ago. There was little home attendance & I'm sure the away fans outnumbered the home ones?

11vs11 says 11,888 which I’m pretty sure there was 3,300-3,600 of us there so just over a third of the attendance but it sounded like there was a lot more of us than cov there 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Thinking of going but not been since the days of Highfield Road. As it's an out of town ground how do people get there?

Yes, out on the edge of the city, nearer to the motorway, drive or car share is easiest. 

£60 on the train and change at New Street 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Thinking of going but not been since the days of Highfield Road. As it's an out of town ground how do people get there?

You can park in the large shopping centre car park next to the ground. Just need to spend £50 in Tesco and keep your receipt to send off when the PCN comes through. (or stick something over your number plate before you leave which saves the hassle of the receipt). Parked there for a concert a couple of years ago . Just google for full terms and conditions.

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2021 at 21:45, Sir Geoff said:

You can park in the large shopping centre car park next to the ground. Just need to spend £50 in Tesco and keep your receipt to send off when the PCN comes through. (or stick something over your number plate before you leave which saves the hassle of the receipt). Parked there for a concert a couple of years ago . Just google for full terms and conditions.

Don’t really want to go food shopping before the game

Looking at the football ground guide seems like plenty of official parking near the ground - just booked a slot for £12 in Park C

Edited by Rossi the Robin

3 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Don’t really want to go food shopping before the game

Looking at the football ground guide seems like plenty of official parking near the ground - just booked a slot for £12 in Park C

Can be any of the shops, including food outlets as long as your receipts total £50. Accept not ideal before a game, but it is then free parking right next to the ground.

• Thanks 1