IGNORED

Coventry away

BCFC1512

10 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Of course you’re crap.

You ‘only’ drew with Spartak, when, but for an excellent save from a penalty taken by your top class forward, brought on with just 20 minutes to go, you would probably have won and been top of your group.

Oh for such poor standards here.

As I said it’s a different sort of crap. Obviously it’s better than struggling in the Championship but we’ve been poor all season. I’m sure the growing minority that want Brendan gone or at least imply but don’t say it would baffle almost everyone on here.

But I look forward to Saturday and tbh I’d absolutely love to see a classic Championship smash and grab, disappointed Matty James may not play.

7 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Been there when we were in leauge one, think over 4000 of us. 2-0 win and a great day. 0-0 at the Gate, that result made us Champions. Big Lovely party after the game, good memories. Not so optimistic for this game but really hope for a good result. COYR!!!

3-1 wasn’t it ? Agard pack and wagstaff 

i might be wrong 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 97Red said:

CCFC v Bristol City | Coventry Arena Official Parking Off-site (coventryparking.co.uk)

There are two car parks with spaces left, for anyone after a parking space. 

It's £10 so a little pricey, but saves the hassle off trying to find street parking, of which I heard is difficult to find in that area of Coventry!

I would say £10 for safe parking assuming there is more than one in the car to split the cost is a decent price?

Edited by Shaun Taylor
  • Like 1

Our support relative to our success is phenomenal at times. How many clubs would take 3k to Coventry (or even better, 5k to MK) having floated around the second and third tiers for the last 40 years?

Seriously, there can’t be a club in the country with more unfulfilled potential than us. Gutted to have been born into this frankly!

• Like 5

I see Bent's   has stated that Nige's criticism after the Brum game, that City are a soft touch, has, and is about to, provoke a reaction from the squad............as they feel slighted and concerned that their  boss   has that opinion about the team's attitude.                   I just hope Dan is right?  ... as i can recall on many occasions, the bravado and promises that have been made pre match by certain player's in the past, about how they are going to put things right, and how they are going to respond big time to show us all what a good side they are? 

I think I will reserve judgement about some of our captain's soundbites, until after we have played a very good Coventry side in front of the 2.800 travelling fans?   I don't expect a miracle, just a wholehearted effort, and an honest competitive display, instead of the embarrassment that  was Tuesday night.............I guess we will just have to see if it is just words?, or if it will be followed by actions? 

Edited by maxjak

6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I see Bent's   has stated that Nige's criticism after the Brum game, that City are a soft touch, has and is about to provoke a reaction from the squad............as they feel slighted and concerned that their   boss has that opinion       about the team's'  attitude?.     I just hope Dan is right? , as i can recall on many occasions, the bravado and promises that have been made pre match by certain player's, about how they are going to put things right, and how they are going to respond big time to show us all what a good side they are? 

I think I will reserve judgement about some of our captain's soundbites, until after we have played a very good Coventry side in front of the 2.800 travelling fans?   I don't expect a miracle, just a wholehearted effort, and an honest competitive display, instead the embarassment of Tuesday night.............I guess we will see if it is just words, or if it will be followed by actions? 

If the criticism does provoke a 'response', then it means that the criticism was spot on in the first place. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Agreed but don't like where they seem to build them next to motorways, dual carriageways and retail parks.

I do as it’s easy in and easy out. Stop on way in for a couple of hours like we are tomorrow. 3 hours with food in pub and 15-20 mins to ground??

on my previous 3 visits to Ricoh/ CBS stadium I found the atmosphere generated by City to be top notch. Stadium seems to have good acoustics.

Edited by Wealwayseatcheese

32 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

I do as it’s easy in and easy out. Stop on way in for a couple of hours like we are tomorrow. 3 hours with food in pub and 15-20 mins to ground??

on my previous 3 visits to Ricoh/ CBS stadium I found the atmosphere generated by City to be top notch. Stadium seems to have good acoustics.

I get what your saying if you are driving but not the same if you go by train. I'm guessing there will be a better atmosphere tomorrow than when we last played 8 years ago as their fans were boycotting home games and the crowd was only around 9000 and we had over 3000 thousand there.

Edited by Shaun Taylor

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Our support relative to our success is phenomenal at times. How many clubs would take 3k to Coventry (or even better, 5k to MK) having floated around the second and third tiers for the last 40 years?

Seriously, there can’t be a club in the country with more unfulfilled potential than us. Gutted to have been born into this frankly!

Bristol Rovers

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pl00peh91 said:

Why do our hopes for the entire season rest on one game out of 46?

Today's game, as you correctly write, is just one game out of 46. It is a pointer though to how this season is already panning out. A 3-0 defeat, a 2-1 win after which many people conceded the better side lost, another 3-0 defeat, than today the oppos have a man sent off, City twice took the lead and still lost.

It appears to me at least, that this club that means so much to us, is not even standing still, but is sliding back down football's greasy pole.

• Like 1

On 05/11/2021 at 16:31, maxjak said:

I see Bent's   has stated that Nige's criticism after the Brum game, that City are a soft touch, has, and is about to, provoke a reaction from the squad............as they feel slighted and concerned that their  boss   has that opinion about the team's attitude.                   I just hope Dan is right?  ... as i can recall on many occasions, the bravado and promises that have been made pre match by certain player's in the past, about how they are going to put things right, and how they are going to respond big time to show us all what a good side they are? 

I think I will reserve judgement about some of our captain's soundbites, until after we have played a very good Coventry side in front of the 2.800 travelling fans?   I don't expect a miracle, just a wholehearted effort, and an honest competitive display, instead of the embarrassment that  was Tuesday night.............I guess we will just have to see if it is just words?, or if it will be followed by actions? 

And so it came to pass....Ha!   So Bentley contested the fact that we are a soft touch?   Should have just accepted it, as predicted, it is all just talk......to quote Greta, it's all Blah Blah Blah!!!....    as club captain he should be bollocking them all, not trying to paper over the cracks (Canyons ?)  Even  by our woeful standards, today was a new low ???

Edited by maxjak