IGNORED

Worst away games

Lanterne Rouge

Man City away in the 1st Div. We lost 2:0 and it was a nightmare before and after the game. Derby County as well. It kicked right off outside the baseball ground and we all got nicked. I can remember being sat in the cells thinking “I wish I hadn’t bothered coming today”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Lanterne Rouge , yeah that one ?

Walsall play off Final, again obvious ,  but I did laugh after .

5-0 humping at Bradford ( I think that was the week before getting hammered at home by Wolves)

5-1 at Blackpool, 4-0 at half time, one mate left and went to the Pub. Actually turned into a great night out despite the football.

3-2 at Swindon . 3-0 down at half time, we were shite and it rained, we were in the open end and everything was wet. We left early as we were shit and England were playing. Then England were shite and lost.

Oh they go on and on, One I will add, West Ham. 0-0 under Osman. Looking back I'm amazed I kept going to home games, let alone away games. Never been so bored watching football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Super said:

Notts county away early 90s. 0-0 no shots on target open end and a hailstorm.

and didnt I know it. Left Bristol in Jeans and T shirt and that hail storm had me shrammed. I even took a hailstone direct to the eye, and when my mate stopped laughing and asked what happened, I turned and copped another un in the other eye

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

and didnt I know it. Left Bristol in Jeans and T shirt and that hail storm had me shrammed. I even took a hailstone direct to the eye, and when my mate stopped laughing and asked what happened, I turned and copped another un in the other eye

Similar to an away game at Gills. I just had a t-shirt and denim jacket on and we were on that big open end in a blizzard.

• Like 1

Ipswich away, the season we made the play off final , that match with Hull.

Wife moaned I was driving too much and I should go by train. Train to London broke down, and the train to Ipswich stopped at every single station on the way. Arrived too late for the pub, missed the first 10 minutes of the game, and we lost 6-0.

Train back was just as slow. 

Last time I listened to the Mrs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Watford away around 2010 on a Tuesday or Wednesday don’t think city had a shot the whole game, lost 2-0 and to top it off my car got locked in the shopping centre car park and had to pay £25 to get it released.

and

Rovers in the jpt when lambert scored that goal they all cream over. I was in the rovers end with a gashead mate.

4r

58 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

for most of us of a certain age it will no doubt be May 2nd 1990 but what others?

For me the second worst was Walsall in the playoffs.

Yep. Went to both of your nominations. 

3rd worst would be Wrexham on a cold, wet winter's night during the Pulis regime. It was 0-0 and we were lucky to get 0! A pathetic, abject display.

I could nominate a Plymouth game that has been well documented elsewhere on OTIB. We weren't allowed into the ground let alone get off the chartered train so I never witnessed how bad a performance it was!

Away at Preston last game of the season mid to late 90's.

Drove up, couldnt get a ticket so walked back to the car to listen to the game on the radio as all the pubs were shut. Lo and behold, the local commentary was Burnley vs The Gas.

City lost and we lost one of our mates and spent hours trying to find him (before everyone had mobile phones). Got back to Bristol around 9:30pm.to find pur mate in the pub as he forgot where we parked so jumped on a supporters coach.

4 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

we didnt score at ipswich....

The Ipswich game was a strange one though. We had plenty of the ball and chances, while everything Ipswich hit went in and they definitely took advantage of a 'homer' ref. We played a lot worse when they stuck 4 past us in the Cup some years earlier. 

40 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

Ipswich away, the season we made the play off final , that match with Hull.

Wife moaned I was driving too much and I should go by train. Train to London broke down, and the train to Ipswich stopped at every single station on the way. Arrived too late for the pub, missed the first 10 minutes of the game, and we lost 6-0.

Train back was just as slow. 

Last time I listened to the Mrs.

Ha ha...I had a ticket for that but didn't go as was suffering from "man flu"  - so glad when I saw the result.

8 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

Away at Preston last game of the season mid to late 90's.

Drove up, couldnt get a ticket so walked back to the car to listen to the game on the radio as all the pubs were shut. Lo and behold, the local commentary was Burnley vs The Gas.

City lost and we lost one of our mates and spent hours trying to find him (before everyone had mobile phones). Got back to Bristol around 9:30pm.to find pur mate in the pub as he forgot where we parked so jumped on a supporters coach.

And we only needed a point to pip Watford to the title. 

Awful, awful game!