IGNORED

England vs Hungary

Port Said Red

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Definite penalty if it’s happened inside the box 

Definite penalty in the game as it is played today. I'm not saying its wrong but it is inducative of how the game has changed from the 70/80s when a high foot would have seen the award of an indirect free kick, something that seems to have gone from the game entirely. 

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Definite penalty in the game as it is played today. I'm not saying its wrong but it is inducative of how the game has changed from the 70/80s when a high foot would have seen the award of an indirect free kick, something that seems to have gone from the game entirely. 

Yeah, Jack Charltons stock in trade tackle!

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Call me old fashioned but there was no goal scoring opportunity in the offing - the ball was moving away from the penalty area but then it's 1-0. Just seems disproportionate punishment to me.

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

It’s what lots of people were begging for in the summer 

I don’t remember anyone begging for Rice to play on his own in midfield 

8 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

It did used to be but a high foot is dangerous play so it’s surprising it ever was really 

8 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Interestingly playing in a dangerous manner is still an indirect free kick, reckless play is a direct kick and a yellow.

Not sure the difference though?