IGNORED

Euromillions

OneTeamInBristol

As the current Euromillions Lottery jackpot is £184 million and if won by 1 ticket would be the biggest UK winner ever, seems a good time to ask the question, what would you genuinely do with that sort of money if you won? 

Personally I would buy all my friends and family something that would set them up for life, houses probably so no mortgage worries ever. For myself I would buy properties in my favourite countries in the world and probably 100+ cars. And of course a permanent box at the gate.

As for giving money away, I wouldn't give directly to charities but would set up something that helped those children around the world that need X amounts of money for pioneering surgery etc.

I think I'd do something similar to you with regard to friends/family and properties.

Unless you're really stupid, it's the sort of money where you should never have to worry about anything again - so I'd spend the majority of my time travelling and seeing as much of the world as possible.

Like you'd I'd want to do something charitable - I think I'd lean towards supporting a mental health charity aimed (mainly) at men. I don't mean that to sound divisive, just is something that I feel strongly about. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

As the current Euromillions Lottery jackpot is £184 million and if won by 1 ticket would be the biggest UK winner ever, seems a good time to ask the question, what would you genuinely do with that sort of money if you won? 

Personally I would buy all my friends and family something that would set them up for life, houses probably so no mortgage worries ever. For myself I would buy properties in my favourite countries in the world and probably 100+ cars. And of course a permanent box at the gate.

As for giving money away, I wouldn't give directly to charities but would set up something that helped those children around the world that need X amounts of money for pioneering surgery etc.

1-Mental health for men.

2- Familly.

3- Cider a years supply.

4- If it is 184 mill then give NP 50 of it to buy a center forward.

5- Give free season tickets to fellow City supporters where they have impaired family members and free car parking as well

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think I'd do something similar to you with regard to friends/family and properties.

Unless you're really stupid, it's the sort of money where you should never have to worry about anything again - so I'd spend the majority of my time travelling and seeing as much of the world as possible.

Like you'd I'd want to do something charitable - I think I'd lean towards supporting a mental health charity aimed (mainly) at men. I don't mean that to sound divisive, just is something that I feel strongly about. 

On the donation side I think you would have to target something you felt strongly about as you couldn't possibly help everyone in the world.

22 minutes ago, City oz said:

1-Mental health for men.

2- Familly.

3- Cider a years supply.

4- If it is 184 mill then give NP 50 of it to buy a center forward.

5- Give free season tickets to fellow City supporters where they have impaired family members and free car parking as well

I wonder how much of the club you could realistically purchase?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

No, and having that much money creates new ones that lots of people can't deal with. Must be quite difficult working out whether people like you for you or for your money. 

Simple in a way - keep the people close who are close to you now.

Any new people that come crawling out the woodwork will be fairly obvious.

Can also see how that much money would lead to some people being dead within a year.

Edited by OneTeamInBristol

33 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Simple in a way - keep the people close who are close to you now.

Any new people that come crawling out the woodwork will be fairly obvious.

Can also see how that much money would lead to some people being dead within a year.

Easier said than done I think. If you're a single man that is an even bigger challenge. Obviously it would be great to win an enormous sum like that, but I think that would be a real issue lots of people would find tricky. 

It's hard to answer as I am sure actually having that money would change the way I think.

But I think I'd keep £40m ish for myself and give the rest away to family and friends. 

I can't see how I'd ever spend £40m and I could change the lives of everyone I love with the other £140m.

But I'd probably end up paying for cocaine and hookers. And just waste the rest.

• Haha 3

I think it would be obscene to have access to that much money in one fell swoop - I agree with @Super's idea that you get so much a month or a regular basis.  I wouldn't even entertain going public with my winning ticket either (obviously people you know would get to know about it, but can you imagine the begging letters, etc. one would get every day (not that I'm averse to donating money to worthy causes, however I'd rather do that off my own back).

I did read somewhere once they give you counselling or something to prepare you for your windfall, but how could anyone possibly prepare for that?!!  Once I'd bought a decent house, sorted out the family / close friends and got a couple of nice cars that would be all I would need really.  There is such a thing as too much isn't there?

I'm surprised no one has suggested yet that they would buy the Gas for a bit of fun.

Run the club terribly, pump no money into it but take everything you could out, relegate them back to non-league, buy out Millets to install some new tents at the Mem. 

You could have all that fun and still have £183.7 million left in the bank. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

I'm surprised no one has suggested yet that they would buy the Gas for a bit of fun.

Run the club terribly, pump no money into it but take everything you could out, relegate them back to non-league, buy out Millets to install some new tents at the Mem. 

You could have all that fun and still have £183.7 million left in the bank. 

When Wally is doing such a great job?!?!

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

It's hard to answer as I am sure actually having that money would change the way I think.

But I think I'd keep £40m ish for myself and give the rest away to family and friends. 

I can't see how I'd ever spend £40m and I could change the lives of everyone I love with the other £140m.

But I'd probably end up paying for cocaine and hookers. And just waste the rest.

You could buy half of Pride Park with 40mil.

3 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

How's that any different from how they're being run at the moment? ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

I’d immediately give away £150m.  £1m to each of my 30 odd closest friends and family.  £120m between 30-40 small charities where it would make a real difference to many many lives.   Think I could live off £30m quite easily!

I always considered you my most bestest ever mate !!  xx

• Haha 1