IGNORED

New job for Tinman

Super

Although I have nothing against Probert, who seems a decent sort, Ashton just can’t help himself can he? Bobby Reid and Joe Bryan predated Probert, so the only academy graduate he brought through as head of the academy (or otherwise) who played in the prem is Kelly.

So, a stream isn’t hugely arguable (until last years injury crisis) and some appears to be “one”.

Dick!

772CBA59-CDB1-4BED-9497-47B2BBB62B6E.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 13
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Oh, that's a shame about Probert, he seemed alright. 

The first one poached by Ipswich that isn't a positive

I always felt he came across well in interviews and on Robinstv.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I'm assuming Director of Football Operations (whatever that means) is a step up from Academy Manager?

"The role will help support Lee O’Neill and the Academy, and help that transition from playing in the Academy to senior football.”

Ashton does lover glorified titles!!!

Football Administration

Chief executive officer - Mark Ashton
General manager of football operations - Lee O'Neill
Chief operating officer - Luke Werhun
Financial controller - Mark Andrews
Club secretary - Stuart Hayton
Academy operations manager - Helen Broughton
Operations department administrator- Sally Williams

Academy Staff
Head of Coaching & Player Development - Bryan Klug
Academy Manager -   
Academy Operations Manager - Helen Broughton
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Shame about Probert but great move for Tinman. Hope we've got someone with the same passion, enthusiasm and ability as Tinman lined up for the Player Pathway Manager role. 

Maybe the role had already changed with less emphasis on first team fringe players going on loan?  The subtle name change from Loans Manager to PPM initially?

Taylor Moore is the only bona fide first teamer out on loan.

Would imagine some / much of the PPM role is consumed into new role of Academy Director and what Gary Davenport will pick up.

• Like 1

• Admin

Fantastic appointment and fully deserved

Just a shame he was appointed manager those years back as everything else associated with the club has turned to gold

In my time of watching city probably only him and Scott Murray I could call real legends of the club 

• Like 5

Nothing against Probert at all, good luck to him…..suspect Ashton has tapped him up (no issues with that either), offered him a few quid more, and he’s accepted it.  Just like most of us would in that situation.

Saves us a few quid in wages no doubt.

Goes with my best wishes.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Funny Ipswich, on their official blurbs, don't mention Bristol City once, the suited *** just says that he's worked with him for a number of years ! I get the impression there is no love lost between *** face and us .

Just love your descriptions of "the suited ***"  :thumbsup: :clap:

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Nothing against Probert at all, good luck to him…..suspect Ashton has tapped him up (no issues with that either), offered him a few quid more, and he’s accepted it.  Just like most of us would in that situation.

Saves us a few quid in wages no doubt.

Goes with my best wishes.

What this also suggests is that Ashton left without any exit deal. If one existed, it would no doubt have included a clause preventing him from poaching BCFC players or staff. 

8 hours ago, Br 1st ol said:

What this also suggests is that Ashton left without any exit deal. If one existed, it would no doubt have included a clause preventing him from poaching BCFC players or staff.

Not much you can do if the person hands in their notice which is what I assume happened here.

7 hours ago, billywedlock said:

No one that we wanted to keep will have joined Ipswich. 

Probert was doing a great job but this is a chance for him to work above academy level as well as doing academy work, no hard to see why he’d go for the chance 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Br 1st ol said:

Probert aside, are there any that have gone that we are that fussed about? Most of them are all Ashton cronies/family anyway.

Congrats Tinman the youngsters are in good hands.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Not much you can do if the person hands in their notice which is what I assume happened here.

But in respect of Mark Ashton there is plenty you can and should do for a bloke who was taking £450k out of the club every year. Directors and senior employees typically have non-solicitation clauses in their contracts which exist for a reason to stop a mass grab of staff by departing leaders and are much more enforceable than non-compete clauses.

Happily, as @billywedlock alludes to, it's probably the case that we didn't care about the people he's hijacked. Mark is building himself quite an empire at Portman Road. The Americans must be absolutely lapping up the BS. Might get in contact with them myself to tell them about my royal uncle in Nigeria who needs to get his wealth out of the country.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Olé said:

But in respect of Mark Ashton there is plenty you can and should do for a bloke who was taking £450k out of the club every year. Directors and senior employees typically have non-solicitation clauses in their contracts which exist for a reason to stop a mass grab of staff by departing leaders and are much more enforceable than non-compete clauses.

Happily, as @billywedlock alludes to, it's probably the case that we didn't care about the people he's hijacked. Mark is building himself quite an empire at Portman Road. The Americans must be absolutely lapping up the BS. Might get in contact with them myself to tell them about my royal uncle in Nigeria who needs to get his wealth out of the country.

Strange, I have a Nigerian royal uncle, too, plus a fine lady in Florida, I believe, who urgently needs to offload cash. That’s unless Wael Meet Again has already sent her his bank details. Coming For Us…….soon-ish.