Jump to content
IGNORED

New kit announcement


WarksRobin
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Who will we wear it against?? Bournemouth away maybe?

We should use it against any team that wants to wear either red or black against us.

So Bournemouth away yes (I assume they will wear their white away kit at AG tomorrow), probably Boro H, Barnsley H and A (unless they wear their white 3rd kit).

If Hull, Forest, Sheffield Utd, or WBA wear their predominantly black away kits at AG then we should use this new one instead of our red kit.

There's probably at least 7 or 8 games left where this kit could be useful.

  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

We should use it against any team that wants to wear either red or black against us.

So Bournemouth away yes (I assume they will wear their white away kit at AG tomorrow), probably Boro H, Barnsley H and A (unless they wear their white 3rd kit).

If Hull, Forest, Sheffield Utd, or WBA wear their predominantly black away kits at AG then we should use this new one instead of our red kit.

There's probably at least 7 or 8 games left where this kit could be useful.

We aren’t going to wear our third shirt at home. That’s not how it works 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dredd said:

We aren’t going to wear our third shirt at home. That’s not how it works 

The onus is of course on the away team to wear an appropriate kit. But if they  don't (or won't) wear a kit that suitably clashes with our home red then we should consider wearing the purple. 

See our game away to Boro as an example. We wore black against their red. The two kits blended together and it was a poor watch, especially for those with colourblindness. This kit gives us an option, especially Boro's away kit is also black, and so the same issue will likely occur at AG when they visit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Amazing kit. Love it. Won’t be buying as grown men wearing kits is a bad look but will get one for the lad 

I've got a theory though that the longer you hold onto a shirt the cooler it gets. So as an adult if you buy every new home shirt, put it away for 5-10 years, then when the time is right, unwrap it and go to games looking retro and trendy.

I've got to say I very rarely buy kits and I don't practice what I preach!

Edited by mozo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

I've got a theory though that the longer you hold onto a shirt the cooler it gets. So as an adult if you buy every new home shirt, put it away for 5-10 years, then when the time is right, unwrap it and go to games looking retro and trendy.

I've got to say I very rarely buy kits and I don't practice what I preach!

Kind of agree. Not if one has to wear bigger than a medium though!  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Thomas_red said:

Hummel has been pretty uninspiring overall. Bristol Sport produced some great kits in their short tenure, although on occasion overdid it a bit with too many competing design features (think I remember Jon L saying that as they learned more about production they were able to add more details into the design). They reigned it in again in the final year with the grandad colour. Definitely my all time fav. 
 

Less is more. 
 

Wont be buying this. 

We had a beige kit?!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mozo said:

I've got a theory though that the longer you hold onto a shirt the cooler it gets. So as an adult if you buy every new home shirt, put it away for 5-10 years, then when the time is right, unwrap it and go to games looking retro and trendy.

The strange thing would be though that still being as bought they would have "shrunk" in that period.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Quite right.

Given the number of poor kit blends we've already had this season it's good to have a third option. Hopefully it gets used in games where we have a bad match up.

Imo the kit is ok. The central badge is bad, the sponsor of course is dire, and it looks like the naval flags are still wrong, but of the three shirts we have this term I think this is my favourite. Not a classic, but ok.

P’raps it’s indicative of a midlife crisis but I’ve fallen back in love with City replica shirts these past couple of years - the white one with the retro Robin, last year’s purple, this year’s black, the one just released. Possibly it’s because nobody else within 2,000 miles of me is likely to be wearing one that I’m being bloody minded.

The missus hates me wearing them though and as I’m p***y whipped I follow the strict house dress code by and large. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, James54De said:

Odd. Sat in 9th 

This team is boring af and I haven't seen them win for what seems likes years. Don't give a **** about 9th,  little talent, no flair, no one who can beat a man with any skill, worst watch that I can remember. 

If you were 10 years old, which player in this team would you put a poster of on your wall? Your hero ... Zack Vyner? Chris Martin? Ooooo Callum O *******  Dowda? **** sake boring shit footballers. Wastemen. 

It's an entertainment business why do people stop forgetting that. 

Drunk rant granted but tell me whats not true. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Quite right.

Given the number of poor kit blends we've already had this season it's good to have a third option. Hopefully it gets used in games where we have a bad match up.

Imo the kit is ok. The central badge is bad, the sponsor of course is dire, and it looks like the naval flags are still wrong, but of the three shirts we have this term I think this is my favourite. Not a classic, but ok.

 

Yes I really hope they scrap centralising the badge for next season it just really doesn't work . Hopefully advertising betting on shirts will be banned by next season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

This team is boring af and I haven't seen them win for what seems likes years. Don't give a **** about 9th,  little talent, no flair, no one who can beat a man with any skill, worst watch that I can remember. 

If you were 10 years old, which player in this team would you put a poster of on your wall? Your hero ... Zack Vyner? Chris Martin? Ooooo Callum O *******  Dowda? **** sake boring shit footballers. Wastemen. 

It's an entertainment business why do people stop forgetting that. 

Drunk rant granted but tell me whats not true. 

I've actually felt quite a few of the games have been entertaining this season, much better than the last few years. The Fulham game especially was brilliant imo, I absolutely loved it and you can't say the lads aren't putting a shift in which is all I ask of them really. 

Having a pop at those 3 players is a bit harsh for me, especially Chris Martin who I think is doing pretty well. And calling them 'wastemen' is pretty embarrassing.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Packman said:

I've actually felt quite a few of the games have been entertaining this season, much better than the last few years. The Fulham game especially was brilliant imo, I absolutely loved it and you can't say the lads aren't putting a shift in which is all I ask of them really. 

Having a pop at those 3 players is a bit harsh for me, especially Chris Martin who I think is doing pretty well. And calling them 'wastemen' is pretty embarrassing.

 

Not for me, I can appreciate effort of course, but we have to many of LJ's busy bee. No footballers who get you off your seat. Each to their own I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Not for me, I can appreciate effort of course, but we have to many of LJ's busy bee. No footballers who get you off your seat. Each to their own I guess.

Rome wasn't built in a day wolf, be patient. We have the right man for the job, keep supporting the lads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...