IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth at home match day thread

Team selection might be tricky with all those coming back from injury.  I think our central defence is OK but we are likely to be murdered down the flanks today.  Hope Nige has a solution for that one.

The omens don't look very good considering that we haven't won at home since God knows when and Bournemouth haven't been beaten all season.

Not expecting to get anything out of this one tbh, so just hoping for an exciting game and a good performance.

16 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I feel we can take a fair guess from the obvious omission on the team sheet.

https://twitter.com/BristolCity/status/1449359769232449537/

My one concern is I wish we had Vyner rather than Simpson on the bench. Real lack of cover if a centre-back gets injured. 

In the event Pring to LCB and Dasilva on. 

• Like 1

Expecting a 2-0 win for Bournemouth.

We are what we are and simply don’t have enough to compete.

I shall look forward to us hopefully playing with desire and purpose but ultimately I will be moving on from this quite quickly and not reading too much into it should we lose.

Edited by 054123

So Pearson, Smith missing, lerma on the bench. Not much in the way of defensive midfield

Looks a touch lightweight

Surprising line up. Any news on why Smith and Pearson aren't there? I'm assuming because they aren't on the bench they have knocks of some kind so it isn't a tactical choice. Hopefully back in time for Tuesday.

Yes - midfield potentially creative but missing beef. Can see Lerma on as sub despite his TransAtlantic trip.

Great to see Gav back and even better to see Stan on the bench......we might see Parkers system at its best today....a proper no.6 in Killkenny and two attacking no.8's.....looking forward to it.....well the first half anyway..

4-4-2? Two forwards starting. BAck four as standard, Christie and Anthony wingers , billing and Kilkenny in the middle. As mentioned midfield a bit lightweight but a nice attacking line up. Not sure how Brizzle play but can't see it being a ' bruiser' type of match

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
13 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

So Pearson, Smith missing, lerma on the bench. Not much in the way of defensive midfield

Looks a touch lightweight

Surprising line up. Any news on why Smith and Pearson aren't there? I'm assuming because they aren't on the bench they have knocks of some kind so it isn't a tactical choice. Hopefully back in time for Tuesday.

Yes - midfield potentially creative but missing beef. Can see Lerma on as sub despite his TransAtlantic trip.

Great to see Gav back and even better to see Stan on the bench......we might see Parkers system at its best today....a proper no.6 in Killkenny and two attacking no.8's.....looking forward to it.....well the first half anyway..

4-4-2? Two forwards starting. BAck four as standard, Christie and Anthony wingers , billing and Kilkenny in the middle. As mentioned midfield a bit lightweight but a nice attacking line up. Not sure how Brizzle play but can't see it being a ' bruiser' type of match

Can’t see it being a bruiser kind of match?

Have they met Joe Williams?

• Like 2