IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth at home match day thread

1 minute ago, westonred said:

Totally outclassed, defence under constant pressure, weak midfield since Williams went off, Forwards arn't in the game COD has done 2 or 3 decent things but thats about all rest of half hes been anonymous Yes Bournemouth are Prem quality but it does show us how far we are behind the top 5 or 6 teams 

Agreed. But to be fair we know how far we are behind the top 5 or 6. Amazed at some of the posts in this thread - not yours. Man for man they are better players in almost every position. Sad but true. Hard to fault our effort in my opinion. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

First half in a four points:

1 Absolute sickener for Joe Williams

2 We’ve been given a footballing lesson, we’ve hardly had the ball and when we do get it we give it away immediately

3 Fortunate we are only two down

4 Illustrates just how far away we are from a top Championship team

Chin up dude, it's disappointing I know but try and take a step back and look at the wider picture, Bournemouth are littered with talent and money, its not the end of the world losing to them we have a window in January we just need to be punching about mid table this season.  As long as we don't roll over second half and keep the score respectable its not the end of the world, though the home form does grate.

• Like 2

It’s Bournemouth.

They are going to beat most teams and go up this year.

No other ******* manager is going to work much better given are constraints.

We will finish mid table this year and lose somewhere between 12-15 along the way. 

If we’re struggling next season then fair enough let’s have a look at a whole

• Like 8

Where to start on first half performance? A back four with Pring and Tanner is a little inexperienced, but they get zero help from in front. Team unable to put two passes together. No Atkinson and Williams goes off.

That's before we start thinking about the goals... that second goal beggars belief. We had a throw in into their box, with 45mins gone - and we somehow concede before the halftime whistle. I'll need to see it again to assure myself it wasn't as bad as I'd thought. Until then, shocking.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Agreed. But to be fair we know how far we are behind the top 5 or 6. Amazed at some of the posts in this thread - not yours. Man for man they are better players in almost every position. Sad but true. Hard to fault our effort in my opinion. 

No but i think we look shell shocked and chasing shadows. I would have brought Bakinson on for Williams not to disrupt the shape too much bringing Wells on and pushing Andi wide right hasn't hurt them at all

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, bris red said:

Glad i stayed away today. I like Pearson i really do but at what point does it genuinely become a situation where we have to look at it and maybe question if he is the right man for us? 

Really?

Mate just do one, ex Prem team with parachute payments, against a team that was absolutely dire last year, Pearson’s starting point was so low with a I suspect a huge hole in the balance sheet after last season, yet we’re 9th ish in the table. Poor today but they are just better than us in almost every department.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Chin up dude, it's disappointing I know but try and take a step back and look at the wider picture, Bournemouth are littered with talent and money, its not the end of the world losing to them we have a window in January we just need to be punching about mid table this season.  As long as we don't roll over second half and keep the score respectable its not the end of the world, though the home form does grate.

I know LOG ?

• Like 1

FFP this, FFP that, four of their starting players are from their academy.

They've only got four players who were bought for big substantial money in Solanke, Billing, Christie and Kelly which is fair enough.

Lowe, Stacey were bought for not too expensive fees and Cahill was a free. 

These lot are missing loads of players and I think we have played teams who have spent much more and played much better.

Our team just are not much of a threat going forward and porous defensively.

If they had all their big earners playing I'd say the same but they don't; No Pearson, Brookes (obvious reasons), Cook, Smith, Mepham or Stanislas starting.

We can't make those excuses when we ourselves have spent a fair amount of money on this eleven and are playing this poorly consistently at home.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

How dare you talk sense on here you will be outcast asap....?  the point I keep making teams like Bournemouth are a step above us and its gonna take seasons for us to get anyway near them if we can even do that, anyone who thought any different about todays result is in a dream land... yes the manner in which were playing can be questioned but we all know were just not good enough

• Like 1