IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth at home match day thread

17 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

FFP this, FFP that, four of their starting players are from their academy.

They've only got four players who were bought for big substantial money in Solanke, Billing, Christie and Kelly which is fair enough.

Lowe, Stacey were bought for not too expensive fees and Cahill was a free. 

These lot are missing loads of players and I think we have played teams who have spent much more and played much better.

Our team just are not much of a threat going forward and porous defensively.

If they had all their big earners playing I'd say the same but they don't; No Pearson, Brookes (obvious reasons), Cook, Smith, Mepham or Stanislas starting.

We can't make those excuses when we ourselves have spent a fair amount of money on this eleven and are playing this poorly consistently at home.

Love to find out how Pearson has spent "a fair amount of money on the team today". Perhaps you could explain. And realising that a team relegated last year from the Prem with parachute payments are at a massive advantage compared to our team is being realistic and  not making excuses.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, bris red said:

Re- read my post. I said at what point does it become this situation will be interesting. For the record i am a huge fan of Nige i think he is what we need long term you just hope the board can continue to be patient. Obviously no game is a ‘must win’ at this stage but we HAVE to put in a better performance than this against Forest on Tuesday.

If we were bottom of the table and losing week in week out then fair enough, but we’re 9th, THE best away record in the division, but with a home hoodoo, that’s not going to be helped by playing one of the best teams in the league. 

The performances this season under Pearson have mostly be good, and this is the one if not the only game where you can argue that we’ve not been competitive and not in the game at least….

I’ve got total faith that Pearson will bring this club success within 3 full seasons, last season does not count as that was a freebie.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Love to find out how Pearson has spent "a fair amount of money on the team today". Perhaps you could explain. And realising that a team relegated last year from the Prem with parachute payments are at a massive advantage compared to our team is being realistic and  not making excuses.

not Pearson but spending 15m+ on a backline over the last couple of years to defend like they have isn't good enough.

They are playing five players that they spent no fees on and we are getting played off the park, yes they have a few players starting who cost a good amount of money but Parker only bought one of those in Christie. The rest are before his tenure at Bournemouth. We cannot make the same excuse when the other team have got players signed from previous managers and not fallen asleep like our lot. 

I like Pearson but I'm just saying the reason we are losing this match is not because of FFP. We have beaten or given good games to plenty of relegated teams over the years. Let's not use money as an excuse. 

6 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

I genuinely think that parachute payments are slowly killing the competitiveness of the championship, this lot could buy anyone in the league and still have change, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s not a Prem 2 in the next 5 years…

• Like 5
29 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

FFP this, FFP that, four of their starting players are from their academy.

They've only got four players who were bought for big substantial money in Solanke, Billing, Christie and Kelly which is fair enough.

Lowe, Stacey were bought for not too expensive fees and Cahill was a free. 

These lot are missing loads of players and I think we have played teams who have spent much more and played much better.

Our team just are not much of a threat going forward and porous defensively.

If they had all their big earners playing I'd say the same but they don't; No Pearson, Brookes (obvious reasons), Cook, Smith, Mepham or Stanislas starting.

We can't make those excuses when we ourselves have spent a fair amount of money on this eleven and are playing this poorly consistently at home.

It’s what you get when you have had poor to average managers(incoming don’t you know we beat man United in the cup) and has left us with a good manager but average players 

• Like 2