IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth at home match day thread

13 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

I wonder if there’s been a bug going through the camp, Atkinson ill, King looked exhausted…perhaps I’m looking for excuses..

I said this to my wife, she replied with the same, that I was looking for excuses. Still I know Bournemouth are a very good team, but City looked void of all energy and with Pearson getting Covid again, Atkinson ill? and King almost collapsing in the second half. It certainly makes you wonder!

Didn’t see a lack of effort, but a definite lack of quality vs a very expensive team (Cahill on a free is not the sign of a cheap team, he won’t be on £50, a pie and pint), who are unbeaten this season.

We’re now 4W 4D 4L, sounds like mid table, rather than worst team in history, but obviously not a great experience for home supporters. Weimann sums us up for me, consistently ineffective at home, consistently effective away. Could easily see us having a record breaking home vs away record this season. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Squire Dastardly said:

Why all this sound & fury? We are a depleted mid-table team & have just lost 0-2 to the team at the top of our league. Quite likely West Brom will do the same to us soon. Understand where we are & what we realistically might accomplish this year & be grateful.

The thing that bothered me today was that we couldn't even do the easy things right. Everything we did was shanked, bodged and scuffed and it got really frustrating. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

I suspect they do, but a massive hole in the balance sheet, probably suggests the solution is not affordable as it stands, and those in charge are making the best out of what we have available.

Our next accounts will be horrendous so there is not likely to be money to spend for some time yet unless we sell imo. We may be stuck with what we have.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

I suspect they do, but a massive hole in the balance sheet, probably suggests the solution is not affordable as it stands, and those in charge are making the best out of what we have available.

A bit depressing, I know we played one of the best sides in the division today and we probably should have expected todays result, it's puzzling though that we have managed to win 4 away and some of the teams we have played at home this season you would have thought we could at least have won a couple of them.

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

I know we played one of the best sides in the division today and we probably should have expected todays result, 

I think we all expected thr result buddy....it was the manner of the defeat and the way we didn't play that has my face tripping me....

Incandescent doesn't even touch it. 

Edited by MelksRed
  • Like 4
Just now, pillred said:

A bit depressing, I know we played one of the best sides in the division today and we probably should have expected todays result, it's puzzling though that we have managed to win 4 away and some of the teams we have played at home this season you would have thought we could at least have won a couple of them.

Today was so lacklustre all round, we’re always shit the 1st game back after an international break, but I honestly would not be surprised if we read about some sort of bug has gone through the team this week, whilst the payers can’t always compete on quality, they can nearly always compete on effort and work rate, today was totally lacking both.

• Thanks 1

I don’t really care if just staying up is decent enough. That performance today, especially first half, was not even close to good enough. Doesn’t matter who we played that was embarrassing.

4 of their starters today have less championship experience than players like Bakinson and O’Leary. Probably irrelevant but I found it interesting. Of course hard to match their other 7.

Didn’t expect a win today but did expect them to show some grit and toughness. Sadly can’t remember a tackle being put in. Second to every 50/50 ball. The things we need to be good at to be competitive was not there today and that is poor coming off an international break

• Like 1