IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth at home match day thread

2 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Today was so lacklustre all round, we’re always shit the 1st game back after an international break, but I honestly would not be surprised if we read about some sort of bug has gone through the team this week, whilst the payers can’t always compete on quality, they can nearly always compete on effort and work rate, today was totally lacking both.

See my previous post. I said it looked like that as well, although, my wife didn't agree, said it was just an excuse.

• Like 1

Today was a combination of a very poor performance against a team that probably would have beaten us anyway. Glad O’Dowda got hooked at half time, Pring who just had a terrible game and needs to be rested for his own good was getting roasted on his side and he didn’t try and help ******* once. Not to mention the hospital pass he gave James that led to the first goal. He’s finished here as far as I’m concerned.

Only Bentley, Tanner, Baker and Kalas come out with credit today. Everyone else was poor and O’Dowda was sub-pro footballer standard.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 3
  • Hmmm 1
7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Our next accounts will be horrendous so there is not likely to be money to spend for some time yet unless we sell imo. We may be stuck with what we have.

Brings me back to the unfairness of parachute payments, all championship clubs outside of those relegated from the Prem, have had a season of virtually no revenue, yet the parachute payments continued. Have the parachute payment for 1 year then back to your own generated revenue, not 3 years worth…

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I don’t think we’ll play a better side this season to be honest, so whatever.

Agree with that and it won’t define our season but today was the first game this season where we didn’t even compete. The lack of quality on the budget we’ve got and past management incompetence is to be expected. Not competing isn’t on.

2 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

We aren’t going to compete with a bankrolled hobby club with parachute payments. What people saw as lack of effort out there today was more like lack of confidence and belief. We never believed we could get anything and gave them too much respect. 

This. 5 years of PL money and now Parachute payments shows the sheer gulf in revenue for the unfair parachute payment rules. 
But you can still get stuck in, show little respect and have a bloody go. 
That was frankly rather pathetic!

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Redrascal2 said:

Love to find out how Pearson has spent "a fair amount of money on the team today". Perhaps you could explain. And realising that a team relegated last year from the Prem with parachute payments are at a massive advantage compared to our team is being realistic and  not making excuses.

Cahill in on a free. True.

Why are we not competing with teams like Bournemouth? Because players like Cahill are on £75k a week!!! There in lies the difference. Wage budget not transfer fees my friend! 

Screenshot_20211016-173804_Chrome.jpg

Edited by redrob
  • Like 3
25 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah I think he looked far too slow, alongside James who is slow himself.

Desperately need Massengo back, and really hope Williams is not out long.

Is it possible that Massengo, Williams and King will all be injured in midweek meaning Bakinson is the default alongside James?! Ugh...

8 minutes ago, redrob said:

Cahill in on a free. True.

Why are we not competing with teams like Bournemouth? Because players like Cahill are on £75k a week!!! There in lies the difference. Wage budget not transfer fees my friend! 

Screenshot_20211016-173804_Chrome.jpg

I completely understand Bournemouth are on financial steroids in comparison to us, but I swear a non league team in our position if played that team in the fa Cup would have done more than we have today. Embarrassing level of competitiveness.