IGNORED

16 Games

Red Army 75

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He had a couple of promising bits with the ball granted….but his support of Pring, and tracking back of Stacey was very, very poor.  The number of times he’s still venturing towards Stacey after he’s popped it off to Lowe, and then Stacey runs off of him is indefensible (Owers just said the same on Radio Bristol).  On one throw-in he just let his man run past him, little dangled legs in with no commitment.  Allowed himself to be pushed off the ball when tracking. He left Pring out too dry today, although Pring pretty awful too.  Not getting a good feeling about Pring at LB at this level (yet….it’s a huge step up for him).  He has had his good games playing LM/LW.  Never got close to Lowe today.  Our left side was ripped apart first half.

Others were poor too….James looked like he was treading water first half, but he keeps trying to get his foot in.

But I just can’t get past what looks like a lack heart for a battle for Callum.  It’s a shame.  Others will disagree I’m sure.

Thank god for Kalas and Baker for getting blocks in or it would’ve been 6,7 or 8.  Tanner tried hard, got forward, created our best chances.

Agree about Pring at LB. Like him much more at LM or LWB. 

Was Tanner getting much more help from Wells on the right? Didn’t look it to me. No one was very good today for me but on a dark day, O’Dowda’s few bits on the ball stuck in memory. Down 2-0 at HT and took off our only real threat. I’d have maybe just pulled him to one side and told him he has 10 minutes to show more off the ball rather than hook him for a fullback down 2. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Was Tanner getting much more help from Wells on the right? Didn’t look it to me. No one was very good today for me but on a dark day, O’Dowda’s few bits on the ball stuck in memory. Down 2-0 at HT and took off our only real threat. I’d have maybe just pulled him to one side and told him he has 10 minutes to show more off the ball rather than hook him for a fullback down 2. 

At the end of the end, he’s got some talent, but he’s not my type of player and that talent doesn’t come to the fore anywhere near enough….and when the traits I don’t like, come out like they did today it seriously gets my goat.

Dont get me wrong, it was a poor team performance, but some players still dig-in, even though it wasn’t coming off for them.

Injuries might get him a reprieve on Tuesday….he’s got some making up to do.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

At the end of the end, he’s got some talent, but he’s not my type of player and that talent doesn’t come to the fore anywhere near enough….and when the traits I don’t like, come out like they did today it seriously gets my goat.

Dont get me wrong, it was a poor team performance, but some players still dig-in, even though it wasn’t coming off for them.

Injuries might get him a reprieve on Tuesday….he’s got some making up to do.

Oh he frustrates the hell out of me too. Just going off today really. Not sure worse than anyone else. At least not massively.l in my eyes. Thought he was fine against Peterborough too. Only his second start after what? 6 weeks out? Was hoping NP could get something from him. Clearly didn’t impress NP today but still would like to see him get a couple more games under his belt to see if he can find some form. Not as if we are teeming with wide options at the minute. Hell he might end up playing in CM before long

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tin said:

This wretched home record was never going to end today. It’ll be the home games against the likes of Barnsley that we need to win.

Yep.

I saw a few people posting on Twitter this morning that today would be the day we got that win & wondered what planet they’re on.

Bournemouth are top, the only unbeaten side & have a wage bill that due to parachute payments completely dwarfs ours. 

When you then lose 2 players to injury & play 20 minutes a man light you have absolutely no chance.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

It was never going to end today tbh. Bournemouth are just different class to us. My main gripe today was that first half “effort” from our Irish international. Sincerely hope he never pulls our shirt on again.

I think you need to get your eyes cleaned out. In my opinion, and many of those around me, he was the one player that was causing them any sort of problems.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yep.

I saw a few people posting on Twitter this morning that today would be the day we got that win & wondered what planet they’re on.

Bournemouth are top, the only unbeaten side & have a wage bill that due to parachute payments completely dwarfs ours. 

When you then lose 2 players to injury & play 20 minutes a man light you have absolutely no chance.

Funnily enough, I fancied us today, thought there were match-ups that might suit us and if we played like against Fulham we could get something.  Then you start hearing Massengo and Williams out, then as kickoff approaches you find out Atkinson is out, and you start to re-think.

Then again nothing could’ve prepared me for a performance as inept as that.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

I think you need to get your eyes cleaned out. In my opinion, and many of those around me, he was the one player that was causing them any sort of problems.

No, you need to understand that football is played with and WITHOUT the ball. Presumably Nige needs to get his eyes cleared out too as he lacks the ability to watch a game like you and your mates?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

The players we have at the moment favour a 3 at the back formation with wingbacks. With Kalas, Baker and Atkinson we have our 3 best defenders. Then we have limited choices as wing backs but at least have some choice.

If we are looking for fullbacks, we have Tanner. We had Pring on the other side of a four, for me that's too little experience and we weren't solid. I was relatively pleased with Dasilva second half, but he lacks that physicality we need in a four.

21 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

No, you need to understand that football is played with and WITHOUT the ball. Presumably Nige needs to get his eyes cleared out too as he lacks the ability to watch a game like you and your mates?

Nige is the bloke that is still picking him though, even though you might never want him to pull on a City shirt again.

2 hours ago, winsaw said:

Can't agree with that Weimann was one of the few busting a gut all match giving 100% all match, he was unlikely not to get a goal today 

Weimann gets paid 15k a week and you’re impressed he gave 100%? 

Get a grip of yourself man that’s the ******* bare minimum. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Funnily enough, I fancied us today, thought there were match-ups that might suit us and if we played like against Fulham we could get something.  Then you start hearing Massengo and Williams out, then as kickoff approaches you find out Atkinson is out, and you start to re-think.

Then again nothing could’ve prepared me for a performance as inept as that.

In my opinion that was the least effective performance I have seen from a City side when playing a team from the same division. Inept and embarrassing. 

7 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

What's the League record for most home games without winning, there can't be many more than 16 surely, only half a dozen away from half a season's worth

Sunderland have the record - they went approximately a full year (364 days) without a home win. Think it was 22 matches.

In fairness though, about half of that run for Sunderland was in the Premier League.

1 hour ago, LocoPal said:

It's worse than that. It's been 613 days since fans witnessed a win in person at Ashton Gate. Derby County - Wednesday 12th February 2020.

I felt every day of that 613 yesterday.

Sat outside the Orchard with a pint, waiting for a lift, surrounded by bloody Bournemouth fans.

It's a sad picture ..

531803221_Screenshot2021-10-17at16_18_11.png.470c2d043cb0fe4db2536bd5ad22cbf8.png

• Sad 1

How long will the club allow this run to continue. For a manager that has been around as long as nige its pathetic. I for one would let him have two more home games if we dont stop this run for me its time to change. i will wait to be criticised. Home games is where 90% of city fans watch there club. The crowds will Dwindle. Someone said did fans think we will beat Bournemouth. Before the game i expected alot more than they showed. It was poor.