IGNORED

Williams injury

Rocking Red Cyril

1 minute ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Unable to go today or watch via what ever way .

Williams was taken off early.

Is there an injury concern ?

Yes. 

He stopped up short. Seemed quite affected by it, slapping the ground. 

Managed a couple of short sprints on the touchline after treatment but was still taken off and had his face covered as he walk round the pitch. 

Just now, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Was clear he pulled it straight away from the stop, and then beating of the ground. 

poor bloke looked absolutely distraught as well- and although only 10 mins in we missed his (any) form of midfield presence.

the choice to replace him with Wells was astonishing  

I didn’t mind the change. That is until they threw him out wide. At that point would have been better off with Scott or Palmer

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

18 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Wells out wide is such a waste of a proven goalscorer

What worrys me is that does NP not trust Scott or Palmer to do the right side of midfield job in a big game ? Because Wells right midfield is so wrong at 10 minutes. 

And I know I was not watching the game but it just worrys me on so many levels 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, EmersonsKev said:

The question is what did Andy Ralls and his medical team actually do with him last season.  Genuinely worrying for the guys career now. 

Fairly sure todays injury had nothing to do with the medical team that left months ago.

Injuries a piling up for the new medical team just the same.

1 hour ago, sinenomine said:

Yes. 

He stopped up short. Seemed quite affected by it, slapping the ground. 

Managed a couple of short sprints on the touchline after treatment but was still taken off and had his face covered as he walk round the pitch. 

That was a small positive for me.  If he’d really torn it he wouldn’t have attempted it.  Will have to wait and see now.  Fingers crossed for him.

22 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Fairly sure todays injury had nothing to do with the medical team that left months ago.

Injuries a piling up for the new medical team just the same.

My biggest fear, voiced in the past, is whether previous regime did permanent damage?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

That was a small positive for me.  If he’d really torn it he wouldn’t have attempted it.  Will have to wait and see now.  Fingers crossed for him.

My biggest fear, voiced in the past, is whether previous regime did permanent damage?

This….can’t help but think that previous regime have a lot to answer for with JW !!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The part I’m struggling with is why did the physio allow Williams to try and run it off? As you say, if it was that serious, Williams himself wouldn’t have tried as knows his body better than anyone and a physio allowing that must be confident that he could try.  Hope it’s good news for him and didn’t he pull up in similar circumstances v FGR, so hopefully it’s not too bad again.  Bloke could do with a bit of luck after everything & we could certainly do with him fit.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Bit of a joke tbh. Feel sorry for him but it’s just injury after injury. Happened 3 times now 

Comes down to his body and pure chance.

Can't blame a player for injuries to an extent. Webster had a string at Ipswich before joining us and clicked.  Can happen.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You may be right but I am not convinced with the "old medical team bad" and "new medical team brilliant" mantra trotted out by many.

We may just have several injury prone players on our books. 

12 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

You may be right but I am not convinced with the "old medical team bad" and "new medical team brilliant" mantra trotted out by many.

We may just have several injury prone players on our books. 

No, I’ve said the same….can’t blame them for every injury but then not this regime when a player gets one.

• Like 1