IGNORED

Lack of communication...

The Fat Controller

... is the primary cause of our poor play. 

We have a raft of experience in the side that started today, hundreds of appearances each for the majority of them, yet they seem to not be communicating with each other. Why is this? I find it utterly baffling. 

Baker and Kalas don't seem to talk to each other or to the young full backs outside of them that could do with being guided through the game. Bentley does not command his box, no sign of him communicating as a captain should. 

Seems like there's no link between Martin and Wells either, I know in part that comes with a run of games playing together. 

Is this in part down to injuries and the regular changing selections?

Can't fault the work ethic but something is not clicking here. 

I thought it was quite ironic that our team engaged in a huddle before kickoff, but during the game itself it was very clear there was little to no communication going on.

That's exactly the kind of thing that went on last season and one of the things you'd expect to have been sorted out by now. In fairness, in recent games I haven't noticed it, but as you say, today it was very conspicuous.

3 minutes ago, Offside said:

Also today a lack of aggression, mobility and the ability to control the ball and pass it. Bournemouth were good, but we made it far too easy. 

The mobility is a big one for me. We have to be the slowest team in the league. The ability to control the ball I can excuse with how well they pressed but the lack of aggression was very disappointing. 

15 hours ago, intercity said:

I thought it was quite ironic that our team engaged in a huddle before kickoff, but during the game itself it was very clear there was little to no communication going on.

That's exactly the kind of thing that went on last season and one of the things you'd expect to have been sorted out by now. In fairness, in recent games I haven't noticed it, but as you say, today it was very conspicuous.

Bents should be equipped with a megaphone! Nice to have a captain that can communicate!