IGNORED

Let’s not overreact

Robbored

B’muff we’re outstanding all over the pitch and City barely laid a glove of them. They were quicker, slicker and sharper both in and out of possession and their full backs were causing havoc down both flanks. The gulf is class was there for all to see and City will have to get as good on a consistent basis to threaten the pray-offs over the remaining games this season and the next two full seasons.

It was remarkable that B’muff didn’t score 4 or 5 today especially when City were 10 after King went off injured.

Nige has his work cut out to lift the guys ready for another tough Championship fixture against Forest on Tuesday eve when hopefully City can finally get a win at AG before yet another tough test at the Baggies next Saturday.

Onwards and upwards guys!

• Like 16
  • Robin 2

Don’t overreact? You said yourself could have been 4 or 5. This is at home mind you. That level of performance is unacceptable against any side in our division. They started 4 players with less than 20 championship games under their belt. Yes they are better. Yes not many expected points but we were embarrassed. We have played better against better championship sides in recent seasons. 

There is no overreaction. We were poor all over the park and the disappointment is that includes desire and toughness. This sets the bar for worst performance imo and if we have a few more like it, I’d start to worry. That said, I expect much better on Tuesday and anticipate it’ll be better. Just need to store this under can’t happen again.

• Like 17

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Don’t overreact? You said yourself could have been 4 or 5. This is at home mind you. That level of performance is unacceptable against any side in our division. They started 4 players with less than 20 championship games under their belt. Yes they are better. Yes not many expected points but we were embarrassed. We have played better against better championship sides in recent seasons. 

There is no overreaction. We were poor all over the park and the disappointment is that includes desire and toughness. This sets the bar for worst performance imo and if we have a few more like it, I’d start to worry. That said, I expect much better on Tuesday and anticipate it’ll be better. Just need to store this under can’t happen again.

B’muff made City look poor. We have to give them credit for that- remember they were in the PL recently and are still full of top players. City won’t be playing teams of their quality every week and I’m sure we’ll see a different performance against Forest on Tuesday.

Also acknowledge that Williams went off injured and then King going off leaving City with 10 men and that’s not to happen every week. Also Atkinson and Massengo were missing as well. Two influential players.

Edited by Robbored
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

B’muff made City look poor. We have to give them credit for that- remember they were in the PL recently and are still full of top players. City won’t be playing teams of their quality every week and I’m sure we’ll see a different performance against Forest on Tuesday.

Also acknowledge that Williams went off injured and then King going off leaving City with 10 men and that’s not to happen every week. Also Atkinson and Massengo were missing as well. Two influential players.

I can give them credit. They are a better side. That doesn’t mean it is ok to allow the amount of chances we did today. Doesn’t mean it is ok to not put in a tackle. Doesn’t mean it is ok to just sit in a shape and let them do what they like. Better team? Yes but so were QPR and Fulham but we made life difficult for them. Today we made Bournemouth look like Man City or Liverpool. 

• Like 3

Yes, Bournemouth were much better, but still they only managed 2 goals from all that possession and conceded 3 or 4 very presentable chances. What I find depressing is the thought that we are years away from getting to even their level (and if we keep losing our best players we never will).

• Like 5

I'm not at all surprised about us losing today.

But, as others have indicated, there's a difference between losing a competitive game with a battling performance, and getting absolutely battered by a team in the same division as you.

Unfortunately, today wasn't competitive or especially respectable for us.

No need to panic IMO, but I do appreciate why some fans are feeling disgruntled with today's performance. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Calculus said:

Yes, Bournemouth were much better, but still they only managed 2 goals from all that possession and conceded 3 or 4 very presentable chances. What I find depressing is the thought that we are years away from getting to even their level (and if we keep losing our best players we never will).

My thoughts exactly. The finances of football are so rigged in favour of sides that have played in the Prem its a borderline closed shop...Brentford are a massive exception and we are unlikely to follow their example.

That said some of the comments on this forum are laughable today. We wasted all the opportunities of recent years by persisting with a duff manager. Having finally appointed someone who actually knows what's needed we are clearly - as anyone following the club knows - in a period of rebuilding - small squad, no width, little pace. No investment in the squad. We are nowhere near a top 6 side - mid-table would be good. Adjustment of expectations needed for many methinks.

• Like 10
  • Flames 3

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

B’muff we’re outstanding all over the pitch.

It was remarkable that B’muff didn’t score 4 or 5 today especially when City were 10 after King went off injured.

The fact that they couldn't score more than two, with **** knows how many chances, proves that they were not outstanding in the goal scoring department!!!

?

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Spot on as usual.

Anyone can come out after a game and say where things went wrong. He is paid the big bucks to sort it out whilst the games are going on. Bournmouth would have beat most teams in this league playing like they did today, sadly we lose to every team in this league playing how we did.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Anyone can come out after a game and say where things went wrong. He is paid the big bucks to sort it out whilst the games are going on. Bournmouth would have beat most teams in this league playing like they did today, sadly we lose to every team in this league playing how we did.

Have I missed something? I assume you mean we WOULD lose to every team playing like that -  which is of course, utter nonsense.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I'm not at all surprised about us losing today.

But, as others have indicated, there's a difference between losing a competitive game with a battling performance, and getting absolutely battered by a team in the same division as you.

Unfortunately, today wasn't competitive or especially respectable for us.

No need to panic IMO, but I do appreciate why some fans are feeling disgruntled with today's performance. 

That's the key for me. There are a minority who have totally lost their shit about today but most of us accept we've "competed" in every single game this season however well or badly we have played BUT today we didn't reach that level and for people who work bloody hard all week and look forward to the football on a Saturday that won't do. I would go as far to say that if we don't sort this home form out to at least some noticeable degree of improvement in the next three months the club are going to get a right kicking when season ticket renewal comes round. 

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

The muff were good but any other team could have beaten us today...

No - any other Championship team would not necessarily have beaten City today because B’muff were exceptional and probably the best team I’ve seen in quite a while at AG. Fulham were very decent but the Cherries were better mo.

Edited by Robbored

Speaking to some Bournemouth fans I know from England games and they say that was their best performance of the season. 

They still have players on well in excess of £50k pw, more than double what any of our players are on. 

The Championship is a fairly level playing field, IF you discount Bournemouth, WBA and Fulham.

A proper Nige team would've stuck it into them more I reckon, but the fact is, save for 2 or 3 players, this isn't his squad. 

He's doing a good job so far and long may it continue.  

• Like 12
  • Flames 3

It’s going to be one of those seasons, with a smaller squad it only takes a couple injuries in the same position, HNM & Williams for instance and we’ll struggle big time.

But if we finally get some luck on that side we can easily hold are own. Today against a very good side we certainly didn’t need bad luck with us. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No - any other Championship team would not necessarily have beaten City today because B’muff were exceptional and probably the best team I’ve seen in quite a while at AG. Fulham were very decent but the Cherries were better mo.

Can't argue with that but if there is such a thing as a "way" of getting beaten by a better side, which obviously Bournemouth are, today wasn't it.