IGNORED

O’Dowda

Henry

He showed flashes of good play buy typically wasted his best moments -

• Pressed and won the ball to reach the bye-line, but then hammered a ball across that gave Wells little chance of getting on the end of it and being able to control it. 
  • Did well to win a Free kick running at them, to give us a good chance of swinging in a cross to be attacked, then takes the FK and fails to beat the first defender.

He has had enough chances for me.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Henry said:

Absolutely awful. He offered Pring no protection and looked lost.

As they attacked down our left for their goal, O’Dowda was wide right.

I would not be disappointed to never see him play again.

Hes crap hes a bottler in the tackle thats why he's forever injured I watched him chicken out at Brentford a couple of year ago

Funny how O’Dowda always gets roasted, however he plays.  He was arguably our best player in the first half and I certainly didn’t see the first goal stemming from a poor pass.  It was James losing the ball that was the problem, but then the likes of James, Martin and Weimann rarely get criticised.  Martin was absolutely abysmal today, but we don’t have thread on that.  

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Was one of our better players in the first half, getting the ball and moving us up the field. The victim of a formation change at half time.  There were a fair few worse than him today. 

One of our better players? Are you having a laugh?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Funny how O’Dowda always gets roasted, however he plays.  He was arguably our best player in the first half and I certainly didn’t see the first goal stemming from a poor pass.  It was James losing the ball that was the problem, but then the likes of James, Martin and Weimann rarely get criticised.  Martin was absolutely abysmal today, but we don’t have thread on that.  

Agree 100%

13 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Agree, I actually thought he was our only outlet (one brilliant cross) & assumed he came off because he had a knock.

Martin wasn’t great but gets isolated in the games we struggle. Much as I like King I thought he was struggling big time even before he pulled up & should have come off before him.

One of those days when a lot went wrong but to pin it on O’Dowda is ridiculous.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

He got hooked at half time for a reason. People who only watch the ball would have missed it. Hung his own left back out to dry.

Yes, not an injury, Nige confirmed a “tactical change”……you’d think he (Nige) could’ve gone 352 with the personnel that ended the half.  The fact that he didn’t just play Pring LCB3 with Callum and George as WBs, tells me he wasn’t happy with O’Dowda.  Because he used Dasilva, meant 10 men when King went off too.

@Silvio Danteagree, he did a couple of decent things….but his lack of tracking back (a basic part of his game - Gary Owers) far outweighed any positive bits.

I think people like me will always pick up on players who don’t appear to put enough effort in, or only put it in going one way (going forward).  I can’t comprehend that, unless they come with so much talent that you can sort of let them off (e.g. Tomlin…..at times, not when he was being a nob).

He wasn’t the only player not earning his corn today though.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

You seem to have omitted his lack of tracking back. It is a basic requirement in his position . It is certainly why he was taken off . He had a shocker. (some others did too )

Exactly, you can’t judge a player as “arguably our best player first half” if you take a full view of what the expectation of his role is.

And then to say Weimann and Martin rarely get criticised….this forum is full of their critics.

As you say, others poor today, e.g. Matty James, but nobody has come on here to say he was good, so there is no debate about him.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

If you are playing left midfield and your left back is getting bummed you have to help out. It’s basics. If you sit in the stand and ball watch for 90 minutes I guess you miss that part of the game? A few runs with the ball werent enough for the staff that’s for sure. He gave James a terrible pass for the goal.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

You seem to have omitted his lack of tracking back. It is a basic requirement in his position . It is certainly why he was taken off . He had a shocker. (some others did too )

Amazing how many people who have been watching football for years don’t understand what a wide midfield player has to do.

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

It was to change the shape. You didn’t even watch the game!

Why didn’t he do that with the eleven that ended the half then?  He had the personnel to do so?  Just play Callum and George as WBs?  Having made one sub already, surely he wouldn’t have wasted another when he could’ve made the system change with the eleven on at that point?

The fact Nige pulled him off, tells me he wasn’t happy with him.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 5