IGNORED

O’Dowda

Henry

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, not an injury, Nige confirmed a “tactical change”……you’d think he (Nige) could’ve gone 352 with the personnel that ended the half.  The fact that he didn’t just play Pring LCB3 with Callum and George as WBs, tells me he wasn’t happy with O’Dowda.  Because he used Dasilva, meant 10 men when King went off too.

@Silvio Danteagree, he did a couple of decent things….but his lack of tracking back (a basic part of his game - Gary Owers) far outweighed any positive bits.

I think people like me will always pick up on players who don’t appear to put enough effort in, or only put it in going one way (going forward).  I can’t comprehend that, unless they come with so much talent that you can sort of let them off (e.g. Tomlin…..at times, not when he was being a nob).

He wasn’t the only player not earning his corn today though.

Don’t get me wrong Dave, I’m as keen to pick up on lack of effort as the next man - but I thought a lot of Prings problems today came from Pring. He was poorly positioned and caught out often. O’Dowda could have undoubtedly done better, but Pring had a mare, and COD may have lessened that but not resolved it

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Super said:

He was no worse than anyone else.

This.

Id actually argue that his driving runs were the only time we looked at all like creating anything.

Biggest issue today was how good Bournemouth were.

They will be top of the league and for good reason. Parker has them well sorted.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Don’t get me wrong Dave, I’m as keen to pick up on lack of effort as the next man - but I thought a lot of Prings problems today came from Pring. He was poorly positioned and caught out often. O’Dowda could have undoubtedly done better, but Pring had a mare, and COD may have lessened that but not resolved it

So your left back is having a mare. Do you say “**** it, his problem” or get back and help him out?

• Like 1

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Pring poor….totally agree….they failed to work as a pair today.

Stacey too much time to get his head up because O’Dowda doesn’t ever engage him.

Pring fearful of going too tight to Lowe, as 1) Stacey has a no pressure pass, so if he gets sucked too tight, 2) Lowe spins him in behind.

If O’Dowda presses Stacey with intent, then Stacey can’t pick a pass.  Pring can go tight.  Worse still when he comes short and plays a one-two with Stacey who’s motored past O’Dowda and is breaking the lines, dragging King or James out.

Etc, etc.

It needs one or both of them to clatter their man, take a yellow and change the dynamic.  No chance of O’Dowda ever doing that though.

Both bloody poor today.  Both deserve equal criticism.  Big learning curve for Cam….playing only his 2nd Champ match at LB…..against Lowe.

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Pring played left centre back not left back 

But Dasilva played in front of him rather than O'Dowda who clearly couldn't be trusted to do the defensive work he needed to do because he simply offered nothing defensively first half. If O'Dowda was showing willingness to help out and making a few decent runs with the ball he would have stayed on.

14 minutes ago, Fuber said:

This.

Id actually argue that his driving runs were the only time we looked at all like creating anything.

Biggest issue today was how good Bournemouth were.

They will be top of the league and for good reason. Parker has them well sorted.

I agree and the result itself doesn't bother me. However the fact we didn't even compete today, for the first time this season I might add, was very disappointing. I can accept lack of quality but that was surrender out there today.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Why didn’t he do that with the eleven that ended the half then?  He had the personnel to do so?  Just play Callum and George as WBs?  Having made one sub already, surely he wouldn’t have wasted another when he could’ve made the system change with the eleven on at that point?

The fact Nige pulled him off, tells me he wasn’t happy with him.

At the time I assumed he didn’t recover from the knock he had before HT. As you said we wasted a sub.

O’Dowda is passionate about the club, I’ve sat near him when he has been in with the fans at away matches. But he can’t seem to channel that drive on the pitch, he either hasn’t got the talent or the desire. He at 26 is a senior pro, but still seems like one of the youngsters who needs better players around him to help him. He should be one of the ones our less experienced players learn from.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Henry said:

Absolutely awful. He offered Pring no protection and looked lost.

As they attacked down our left for their goal, O’Dowda was wide right.

I would not be disappointed to never see him play again.

Completely agree and many of the similar posts on this thread. 

Just enough now FFS. Apart from the overall frustration of over 5 years of under achievement he’s keeping one of the young players out of the team. 

I hope he’s sold in January or at the very least shown the door when his contract ends in September next year. 

• Like 3

COD Only player that gave us anything going forward in the first half - every other player could not keep the ball at all, a situation that got far worse with the introduction of Wells - id rather see Palmer on as he at least is an honest tryer!
Wells ranges from the invisible man to being just plain useless - the amount of times he’s given offside is an absolute joke, if he were interested in playing for the shirt he would be properly available for passes and be a far different player - January can’t come soon enough - another teams crisis could free up a wage for a player that wants to be at BS3

1 hour ago, Ashtonboy said:

I thought he was world class compared to Bakinson who shouldn't be in the match day squad, let alone get on to the pitch. 

Really can’t work him out.

He just ambles around & one excellent defence splitting pass aside, it was like having 9 men when King went off.

Be amazed if he starts v Forest, even if Williams (a certainty), HNM & King are all absent.

Said it on another thread I’d much rather have Vyner in the squad than him, he just doesn’t work hard enough.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Really can’t work him out.

He just ambles around & one excellent defence splitting pass aside, it was like having 9 men when King went off.

Be amazed if he starts v Forest, even if Williams (a certainty), HNM & King are all absent.

Said it on another thread I’d much rather have Vyner in the squad than him, he just doesn’t work hard enough.

Agree & the occasional good pass aside, he just cannot get around the pitch, doesn’t tackle and was a ridiculous sub by Pearson as he brought on the least mobile player in the squad when we are being over run.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Mate you’re unhinged 

Pretty sure you or your previous guise got your knickers in a twist and started crying about how much more KITR knows about our transfer activity than anyone else. So not sure labelling others As unhinged is for you.

Think you  also claimed Semenyo would be our next £15-£20m sale.

O’dowda is dreadful, Irish work colleague cannot believe he is an international, but more symptom of their current lack of talent as a nation.

• Confused 1

Sadly O’Dowda will never be good enough.  Hasn’t improved since he arrived. He definitely needs to be moved on.  Pring has time to improve.  
Talking of younger players we need, IMO, to give Bell a run of four games or so.  He really can’t have less to offer than Martin, whose best days are now far behind him, or Wells for that matter, another never good enough - sometimes looking as tho he might be but constantly then disappointing. 

We truly have bought cheap and paid the price for that.  Atkinson and Tanner are exceptions but we had Nige here when they came in - another reason to trust in Nige.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Pretty sure you or your previous guise got your knickers in a twist and started crying about how much more KITR knows about our transfer activity than anyone else. So not sure labelling others As unhinged is for you.

Think you  also claimed Semenyo would be our next £15-£20m sale.

O’dowda is dreadful, Irish work colleague cannot believe he is an international, but more symptom of their current lack of talent as a nation.

Don’t think so mate. I know KITR so wouldn’t have been me.  Sending abuse to people apropos of nothing is very odd behaviour in my book. We will see with Semenyo I guess although it’s completely irrelevant to this. Needs to stay fit and have a run in the team. O’Dowda gets picked by every manager he works with which I think says a lot.

Bottom line is it’s a football forum, football is not worth losing your shit over and sending abuse especially if you are in your 40s is crazy. 

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

When James was caught in possession O'Dowda was furthest right of our front 4, so basically become a right winger by that point.

When James is tackled Weimann and Martin were closest to Stacey who made the run down the line to then cross for the goal. 

I expect O'Dowda was told to drift at times, like he did first half against Peterborough. Otherwise it would be strange seeing him do it if Pearson tells him not to.

The difference in the Peterborough game was that Joe Williams can be trusted to cover O'Dowda better than others did for O'Dowda on that first goal today. 

I didnt think O'Dowda was great today, but in a very poor team performance he was our only real threat first half. Probably give him a 6 out of 10, which is better than some others.

The Wells chance he made himself by winning it off of Cahill, and was stretching running at full speed to keep it in. Volleyed cross low into a good area for a poacher like Wells, so did everything right imo. Just a bit unfortunate. 

Your constant defence of COD is incredible. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Bernard Lerring said:

Why has COD been paid by us for 5ish years. How many other players get that much time to prove they're bang average?

Nice way to earn a living I guess!

Why does he get picked by every manager he’s ever worked with? Maybe he’s better than some believe. He’s not sat in the reserves for 5 years. Yes he’s had injuries but when fit he has been picked 

Edited by And Its Smith

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Don’t think so mate. I know KITR so wouldn’t have been me.  Sending abuse to people apropos of nothing is very odd behaviour in my book. We will see with Semenyo I guess although it’s completely irrelevant to this. Needs to stay fit and have a run in the team. O’Dowda gets picked by every manager he works with which I think says a lot.

Bottom line is it’s a football forum, football is not worth losing your shit over and sending abuse especially if you are in your 40s is crazy. 

Yeah lots of abuse, you called someone unhinged, not a nice look.

What has age got to do with anything? Your not 21 either but always seem to pontificate your views to others.

o’dowda has not progressed here and does need to be moved on and Semenyo will never be a £15-£20m footballer

9 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Yeah lots of abuse, you called someone unhinged, not a nice look.

What has age got to do with anything? Your not 21 either but always seem to pontificate your views to others.

o’dowda has not progressed here and does need to be moved on and Semenyo will never be a £15-£20m footballer

Agree to disagree then ?

No idea what Semenyo has to do with any of this but hey ho