IGNORED

Nige’s thoughts

HappyClapper

Not sure that would have helped (shouting instructions from the touch line, rather an our inability to string some passes together!). Anyone can shout instructions from the touch line. Coming up with the instructions might be easier if you have a better view of the game. 

Edited by HitchinRed
  • Like 13

Fair that he picked out Tanner, Kalas, Baker & DaSilva for praise, nobody else deserved any. 

Wish they had asked him why Wells was bought on for Williams, cause that made no sense  (I would have played Wells from the start). Playing Weimann or Wells wide does not suit either of them. Palmer, or Bakinson for Williams would have made more sense although Bakinson was typically lite weight when he did  come on.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Fair that he picked out Tanner, Kalas, Baker & DaSilva for praise, nobody else deserved any. 

Wish they had asked him why Wells was bought on for Williams, cause that made no sense  (I would have played Wells from the start). Playing Weimann or Wells wide does not suit either of them. Palmer, or Bakinson for Williams would have made more sense although Bakinson was typically lite weight when he did  come on.

Maybe he didn’t have a clear view from wherever he was, but I can assure Nige that from the Dolman you could clearly see young Tanner have a nightmare first half.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

It made sense to me if Weimann went wide right but within 5 minutes of Wells coming on we abandoned that & Nakhi was asked to tuck in ahead of Tanner, which was just ridiculous.

Might as well have brought on Scott or Palmer if that was the case.

I accept Bakinson came on at a tough time but he offers us virtually nothing, one smart pass aside he was a total passenger (again).

There was one bit near the end when Weimann charged down a shot then got up & managed to get a tackle in & clear the ball, Bakinson just stood & watched him throughout.

I’d rather see Vyner in the squad than him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

28 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Maybe he didn’t have a clear view from wherever he was, but I can assure Nige that from the Dolman you could clearly see young Tanner have a nightmare first half.

Both fullbacks exposed by clever running and nice passing and movement . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It made sense to me if Weimann went wide right but within 5 minutes of Wells coming on we abandoned that & Nakhi was asked to tuck in ahead of Tanner, which was just ridiculous.

Might as well have brought on Scott or Palmer if that was the case.

I accept Bakinson came on at a tough time but he offers us virtually nothing, one smart pass aside he was a total passenger (again).

There was one bit near the end when Weimann charged down a shot then got up & managed to get a tackle in & clear the ball, Bakinson just stood & watched him throughout.

I’d rather see Vyner in the squad than him.

All a bit shambolic and haphazard, almost as if there is no plan bar the starting eleven - IMO

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Nice to have an honest post match interview without any bullsh*t or jargon 

This gets said after every game. Not that i disagree but it gets a bit boring hearing the same honest assessments. Bournmouth were very very good but i don’t think kelly and cahill will have an easier game all season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

Both fullbacks exposed by clever running and nice passing and movement . 

Yep, Tanner stuck to his task though, I though Pring was too naive with his defending.  He’s used to having that yard of pace to get him out of trouble….today Lowe had the yard on him.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, Tanner stuck to his task though, I though Pring was too naive with his defending.  He’s used to having that yard of pace to get him out of trouble….today Lowe had the yard on him.

Agree , I felt for pring today. Didn’t think he could do much right - still surprised he was on after half time.  Hope this doesn’t dent his or tanners confidence 

6 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

Agree , I felt for pring today. Didn’t think he could do much right - still surprised he was on after half time.  Hope this doesn’t dent his or tanners confidence 

Pring needs a rest for a few games I think (perhaps a spell on the bench). We have to remember this is his first season at this level. I wouldn't worry so much about Tanner right now who certainly got better as the game wore on.

Nigel Pearson must be spitting feathers this was probably the most inept performance by a team in red I have ever seen PATHETIC , 2 meaningful challenges all game , never competed ,never looked like they were out there to try to win , lacklustre is mild , bottle less more to the point ,I’ve seen more fight in greggs on a morning getting a bacon roll , soft touch all of them again pathetic 

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

All a learning curve I suppose . Best side I’ve seen at Ashton Gate this season , very good on the eye 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought it was nice how he call out Tanner, that boy gets better and better, and he is right they were better than us.  Our job is to be better than the teams around and below us, there is a gulf between them and us. 

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Nigel Pearson must be spitting feathers this was probably the most inept performance by a team in red I have ever seen PATHETIC , 2 meaningful challenges all game , never competed ,never looked like they were out there to try to win , lacklustre is mild , bottle less more to the point ,I’ve seen more fight in greggs on a morning getting a bacon roll , soft touch all of them again pathetic 

The one thing I would say is that unlike under other Managers I cannot see this group of players putting in five or six of these "performances" in a row. The fact he's prepared to say how bad it was rather than hiding behind football "jargon" or blaming referees tells me that he won't be playing players who won't do what he wants for very long. I'm sure everyone will get a second chance under him but not a 17th and 18th chance. 

• Like 9

How long did it take from Kallas wiping the ball with the towel to Bentley letting it pass through his flailing hands and pick it out the net?

How many crosses did Bournemouth put to the far post before it worked and Lowe got on the end of one?

Bournemouth were nothing exceptional. Even with parachute payments and their stellar signings.

Simply we were woeful. Again. 

The over riding thing for me I guess is how Bournemouth have progressed as a football team over the past few decades, whilst we’ve gone backwards.

Bet Lloyd thanks his lucky stars he made the move when he did.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Spot on mate. He’s absolutely pointless wen he plays like he did today. Offered absolutely nothing. 

He’s played like that most of the season, seems to have lost his mojo, his first few games under Holden he almost played the quarterback role just sitting behind and making things tick and looked really impressive, this season it looks like he’s stealing a living as a footballer, perhaps not as much as Solanke on today’s viewing, but he doesn’t even look like a league 1 midfielder on present form

2 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

He’s played like that most of the season, seems to have lost his mojo, his first few games under Holden he almost played the quarterback role just sitting behind and making things tick and looked really impressive, this season it looks like he’s stealing a living as a footballer, perhaps not as much as Solanke on today’s viewing, but he doesn’t even look like a league 1 midfielder on present form

You think solanke looks like he is stealing a living as a footballer after today?

8 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

How long did it take from Kallas wiping the ball with the towel to Bentley letting it pass through his flailing hands and pick it out the net?

How many crosses did Bournemouth put to the far post before it worked and Lowe got on the end of one?

Bournemouth were nothing exceptional. Even with parachute payments and their stellar signings.

The over riding thing for me I guess is how Bournemouth have progressed as a football team over the past few decades, whilst we’ve gone backwards.

Nothing exceptional? 

We clearly have very different views on football, easily the best Championship team I’ve seen this year, although we made it easy for them. Tactically spot on, overloads all over the place, really clever quick passing, a cut above us.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

I would say that is as close to an exceptional championship performance as you will see

• Like 1