IGNORED

Nige’s thoughts

HappyClapper

1 minute ago, GTFABM said:

You think solanke looks like he is stealing a living as a footballer after today?

Yep, looked hopeless as a finisher which is largely his job, had they had a better striker then it would have been 7 or 8. Genuinely their poorest player. Never really rated him, and nothing he did today changes my mind.

Just now, bexhill reds said:

Yep, looked hopeless as a finisher which is largely his job, had they had a better striker then it would have been 7 or 8. Genuinely their poorest player. Never really rated him, and nothing he did today changes my mind.

Fair enough, all about opinions. 

2 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Scored 7 in 11 this season and has been superb. One bad game doesn’t mean he is stealing a living.  Wish we had him 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Fair that he picked out Tanner, Kalas, Baker & DaSilva for praise, nobody else deserved any. 

Wish they had asked him why Wells was bought on for Williams, cause that made no sense  (I would have played Wells from the start). Playing Weimann or Wells wide does not suit either of them. Palmer, or Bakinson for Williams would have made more sense although Bakinson was typically lite weight when he did  come on.

As I have noted in another thread 

. Why Wells on for Williams rather than Scott or Palmer. It makes no sense at all.  I am done with any sense in playing Wells wide ever. No point at all play him central or don't play him and sell. Scott or Palmer every time in that role. I like NP he will do well I hope. But this Wells issue is now beyond a joke or any sense at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Nothing exceptional? 

We clearly have very different views on football, easily the best Championship team I’ve seen this year, although we made it easy for them. Tactically spot on, overloads all over the place, really clever quick passing, a cut above us.

And that’s the point.

We made it easy for them. Far too easy. Because we were poor. Very poor.

And I’m still struggling to understand how they’ve progressed to the positions they’ve been in and are in whilst we’ve, at best, been left in their wake.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

And that’s the point.

And I’m still struggling to understand how they’ve progressed to the positions they’ve been in and are in whilst we’ve, at best, been left in their wake.

Never heard of parachute payments?

They cheated FFP to get to the Prem based on their dodgy Russian money, trust me, it makes a lot of difference.

• Like 13

Just now, BigAl&Toby said:

And that’s the point.

Bankrolled, a couple of years in the Prem, plus parachute payments, more useful last season when no other Championship team other than those also of parachute payments had any sort of revenue. They can easily buy anyone in this league and still get change. They’ve not outright bought success, but they’ve used their money properly. Support and Ground wise they are arguably a smaller club, financially in terms of what they can spend they’re in a different league.

Just now, GrahamC said:

They cheated FFP to get to the Prem based on their dodgy Russian money, trust me, it makes a lot of difference.

Makes me glad we havn’t tried it. Knowing city they would go way over ffp and still not get it right. End up with all sorts of sanctions and end up in deep s**t. Lower mid table in the championship seems acceptable rather than that

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Doesn't help that our club has had money wasted we've not had people at the club that could use the money wisely.. To many average players signed and we are still stuck with them and we now have limited money to sign more quality.. It certainly does make a difference and theyve used the money to there advantage.

Edited by Street red
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

As I have noted in another thread 

. Why Wells on for Williams rather than Scott or Palmer. It makes no sense at all.  I am done with any sense in playing Wells wide ever. No point at all play him central or don't play him and sell. Scott or Palmer every time in that role. I like NP he will do well I hope. But this Wells issue is now beyond a joke or any sense at all.

Whilst I agree, I don’t think NP had much choice, Scott has played wide, but of late has looked overawed and maybe not quite ready, Palmer is pretty much wasted wide. Maybe the hope was for Wells and Wiemann to interchange and be fluid and give Tanner some support, but we never had enough of the game for that to become apparent. 

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yep, quite right but some would rather criticise the team and manager after losing at home to an outstanding team at AG (even if they did cheat their way to the PL) who still retain many of their PL stars.

The Cherries made us look poor but no doubt that they’ll do just the same to other Championship teams.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yep, quite right but some would rather criticise the team and manager after losing at home to an outstanding team at AG (even if they did cheat their way to the PL) who still retain many of their PL stars.

The Cherries made us look poor but no doubt that they’ll do just the same to other Championship teams.

they did cheat towards the end but they did mange to get Matt Richie at just the right time for them 

19 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Bankrolled, a couple of years in the Prem, plus parachute payments, more useful last season when no other Championship team other than those also of parachute payments had any sort of revenue. They can easily buy anyone in this league and still get change. They’ve not outright bought success, but they’ve used their money properly. Support and Ground wise they are arguably a smaller club, financially in terms of what they can spend they’re in a different league.

We managed to stop Fulham. What was the difference?

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They didnt make us look poor. We were worse than poor and I suspect that if we played at the same tempo, with the same imagination and cohesion then we'd have made any team look good.

It's a funny old game- we are so used to abject performances at BS3, the crowd were resigned to another bad day. 16 and counting- what brilliant fans that so may still turn up to swallow a bitter pill. I was happy just to leave the ground.

14 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

They didnt make us look poor. We were worse than poor and I suspect that if we played at the same tempo, with the same imagination and cohesion then we'd have made any team look good.

It's a funny old game- we are so used to abject performances at BS3, the crowd were resigned to another bad day. 16 and counting- what brilliant fans that so may still turn up to swallow a bitter pill. I was happy just to leave the ground.

So was I.

Had to get two dog chews from B&M. Highlight of my afternoon.

Best value all afternoon.

?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Outstanding? Not quite.

Made us look poor? We were poor.

I guess we all see things differently but I’m still intrigued to know how long it took for us to be well and truly turned over from a throw in deep in Bournemouth’s half to Bentley picking the ball out of the back of the net.

That had nothing to do with Bournemouth being outstanding or making us look poor.

We we’re poor. Woefully poor. And I can’t see any sustained improvements happening anytime soon. Sadly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, bexhill reds said:

Whilst I agree, I don’t think NP had much choice, Scott has played wide, but of late has looked overawed and maybe not quite ready, Palmer is pretty much wasted wide. Maybe the hope was for Wells and Wiemann to interchange and be fluid and give Tanner some support, but we never had enough of the game for that to become apparent. 

As I have said I did not see the game and what you say has some hope on the wieman / wells interchange.

I just not want Wells wide . I would prefer wiemen right mid and Wells in the central role always 

I doubt many would have given us a chance pre match, but that doesn't make it any easier to watch to accept.

TBH, I thought we set up wrong to start. Don't know what happened to Atkinson or Masengo, and I thought it was the wrong change taking COD off. Yes I know many thought he was crap, but I thought he was the one threat we carried in the first half. The switch made us even more back foot than before, and we were already chasing shadows. We didn't press with any intent, we didn't keep the ball and we played with no intensity . Williams going off didn't help, but I doubt any change would have improved things. They were better all over the pitch, even though at 45 minutes Bentley hadn't had to make a save.

Against Fulham and others, while we may have given up chances, we competed and created chances of our own. Today we saw nothing.
I really think we will beat Forest, but we need to improve a lot

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

As I have said I did not see the game and what you say has some hope on the wieman / wells interchange.

I just not want Wells wide . I would prefer wiemen right mid and Wells in the central role always 

There was definitely no interchange anywhere on the pitch from us!

5 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I didnt even think Scott was on the bench till I just looked! Why on earth did Nige not bring him on.

I must say Pearson made a few bad decisions today.

Interview was spot on, comfortably beaten by a better side.

Not much point bringing on Scott to just chase the ball around. We barely touched it all match and that doesn't suit Scott at all.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

7 hours ago, DaveF said:

Interview was spot on, comfortably beaten by a better side.

Not much point bringing on Scott to just chase the ball around. We barely touched it all match and that doesn't suit Scott at all.

Personally I think Scott has been a bit overawed by senior football of late and has pretty much been ineffective since his initial spark, although in fairness wide right is perhaps not his best position, bringing him on yesterday would have served no benefit to the team or him personally from a confidence perspective. I think he could have done with a half season loan into L1 or 2, to get him playing senior football more regularly. He’s a talent, and I think he’ll be a very very good player, just not yet.

• Like 2