IGNORED

Nige’s thoughts

HappyClapper

13 hours ago, bexhill reds said:

He’s played like that most of the season, seems to have lost his mojo, his first few games under Holden he almost played the quarterback role just sitting behind and making things tick and looked really impressive, this season it looks like he’s stealing a living as a footballer, perhaps not as much as Solanke on today’s viewing, but he doesn’t even look like a league 1 midfielder on present form

I think Bakinson needs to decide if he’s up for it or not. Can really see his career drifting. Couple of occasions yesterday when others are running their nuts off (as we had 10 men) and he’s strolling, letting men run off him.

Unacceptable.

Needs a little word from Nige. Suspect  he might struggle to make the 18 on Tuesday if Atkinson and Massengo fit, even w/o Williams and King.  Vyner can come in, Bell maybe too. 

• Like 11

16 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

My thoughts ? Stand on the feckin touchline shouting instructions.

And what difference would that have made when we were completely outclassed by a much better team. Sometimes you have to acknowledge we got completely outplayed. I never had a problem with our players yesterday in general. We got battered I was more pissed off with some of our fans & you sound like one of them. Shouts around me that they weren’t trying ? one bloke clearly in his 60’s embarrassing himself with some shouts. Never kicked a ball in his life probably . 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think Bakinson needs to decide if he’s up for it or not. Can really see his career drifting. Couple of occasions yesterday when others are running their nuts off (as we had 10 men) and he’s strolling, letting men run off him.

Unacceptable.

Needs a little word from Nige. Suspect  he might struggle to make the 18 on Tuesday if Atkinson and Massengo fit, even w/o Williams and King.  Vyner can come in, Bell maybe too. 

Technically good enough but mentally he’s lazy. If the penny hasn’t dropped by now it never will. I’ll be surprised if him , vyner, Moore & O’dowda are here next season . If we’re going to evolve the squad & rightly as NP says bring in better that we have , then they’re not good enough. 

• Like 2

Bakinson likely to be the player that Nige referred to in his after match comments of “player(s) not having taken their chance”

He shows glimpses of being a good player but doesn’t work hard enough as @Davefevs refers to in his comments about strolling about yesterday when we were down to 10 men - just not good enough given the circumstances 

Hopefully HNM for and ready to return for Tuesday (Nige’s comments pre game seems to suggest that he will) - need him now that Williams is injured

Edited by Loosey Boy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Technically good enough but mentally he’s lazy. If the penny hasn’t dropped by now it never will. I’ll be surprised if him , vyner, Moore & O’dowda are here next season . If we’re going to evolve the squad & rightly as NP says bring in better that we have , then they’re not good enough. 

I think you are spot on, they have been given opportunities and not taken them. If NP wants to build progressively then the four you have listed won’t be here next season which frees up space for players he thinks will do a job for him

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Unacceptable.

It's mad that even in a situation where three of our midfielders are injured and Bakinson has a real opportunity to secure his place in the team, he couldn't motivate himself to get stuck in. 

Obviously you're right about how he didn't show any energy in his tracking back, and I also noticed one time he had a chance to compete for the ball but decided to back off. I was fuming!

How does he not know what Pearson expects of him? It's staggering.

2 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Bakinson likely to be the player that Nige referred to in his after match comments of “player(s) not having taken their chance”

He shows glimpses of being a good player but doesn’t work hard enough as @Davefevs refers to in his comments about strolling about yesterday when we were down to 10 men - just not good enough given the circumstances 

Hopefully HNM for and ready to return for Tuesday (Nige’s comments pre game seems to suggest that he will) - need him now that Williams is injured

Yeah agreed. I hope you're right re Massengo. We need him back!!

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Unacceptable.

In one instance he couldn't even be bothered to lift his leg and make a stab at winning a loose ball just outside of our box. Prefered to let the Bournemouth player take it for free. Absolute liability with the ball.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Exactly. It doesn’t come down to “not worse than anyone else yesterday”. It’s about a long term view of what they bring to the squad and can they do what the Manager demands 8 or 9 games in every 10 which includes trying to do your job when you aren’t playing well.

All I know is if I was a manager a wide midfield player that allows his left back to get destroyed without trying to rectify the situation wouldn’t be top of my retained list especially when he’s nowhere near good enough to be a luxury player where he contributes so much in other areas you ignore the deficiencies.

• Like 2

Just now, The dastardly red said:

Why can't Nige throw in a bit of jargon and a few buzz phrases to spice up his post match interviews? I'm not saying overkill like with LJ but at least some juicy tidbits to freshen it up a bit. Something like the "busy little bees" quote or "clubs in the bag, if you like".

POMO is another good one.

6 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Looks like a highly frustrated bloke talking through gritted teeth - which is exactly what he is .....

Agree but the big positive for me is we are picking up points at the same time as the obvious deficiencies in the squad are identifying themselves. There will be a large turnover of players in the next three windows I think as long as Nige can persuade Steve to loosen some of the purse strings.

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

In one instance he couldn't even be bothered to lift his leg and make a stab at winning a loose ball just outside of our box. Prefered to let the Bournemouth player take it for free. Absolute liability with the ball.

I actually meant without but it almost scans as well this way.

18 hours ago, Robbored said:

Yep, quite right but some would rather criticise the team and manager after losing at home to an outstanding team at AG (even if they did cheat their way to the PL) who still retain many of their PL stars.

Do they retain many? Some but many?

That's not to disagree with a lot of your post but...

*Ramsdale- X

*Begovic- X

*Ake- X

*Rico- X

*Danjuma- X

*Fraser- X

*Wilson- X

*King- X

*Defoe- X

Brooks of course has his health issues, all the best to him.

Then you have fringe but nonetheless players who featured namely Arter, Francis, Gosling, Surman to name a few.

There is a good argument to say that they and potentially Watford man for man shouldn't have gone down in the first place but although there is a major financial advantage, they have also shed quite a few of their PL assets.

In fact their squad is quite thin in places depth wise so I'm a bit surprised at just how well they're doing but otoh Parker is significantly, perhaps a hell of a lot better than Tindall or Woodgate.

The parachute payments bit. Have a lot of sympathy with the point, but that alone doesn't explain even if we had lost, just how the gulf was so big yesterday.

Big fish such as Hull and Peterborough drew 0-0 at home to them, yes they will have been on the back foot surely but surely not as hugely.

At Dean Court, Bournemouth appear not to have been so dominant, performance wise. Possibly some fortunate results, some competitive games certainly. Luton and QPR two examples, lost but not thrashed or played off the park. Think Blackpool pulled it back from 2 down, don't think that any of them have significantly greater resources etc.

44 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

makes perfect sense to me to sit with a bit of space around him given he had covid again last week

That makes perfect sense absolutely..but  I can't think of any manager that was or is a winner like mourhino Ferguson  pep klopp or cotts etc that sat in the stand,they head every ball kick every ball from the touchline and want to be on the pitch. Fans love that and it builds an atmosphere in the stadium. Nige is obviously older and wiser and done that which is a bit of a shame, still totally behind him though. 

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Unacceptable.

Totally.

Late on Kalas got in two excellent blocks, Tanner (who rallied after a tough first half) put in a good tackle on the edge of the penalty area then Weimann, who ran himself into the ground again yesterday, managed to get back to put in a great defensive challenge, got up to win a second tackle then kicked it clear.

All the while Bakinson stood by the side of him offering no support whatsoever.

I’ve seen enough now to be honest, he doesn’t work anywhere near hard enough.

• Like 2

I thought the strangest thing about his interview (on RB at least) was the comments about the two injured players.

He said he hadn't spoken to Joe, and he only "passed" King in the corridor?

How has he not spoken to either of them? Surely he's at least asked them if they're ok or what went wrong?

Just seemed very weird, as if he wasn't in the changing room at half time or after the game?

NP got team selection wrong as king/James were never going to be or are mobile enough to compete in a 2 & clearly needed help especially when against 3.. The subs were completely wrong with Wells playing wide right ridiculous, then changing shape & leaving Weimann as a 10 when he had undoubted energy but is he creative? Finally, bemused by bringing in our least mobile player in Bakinson when we were already over run. 

Saw a stat in post today that said we only committed 4 fouls all game & that tells you everything you need to know about Saturday. No tackles or even a reducer attempted to even try something to stop Bournemouth from having freedom of the park. We’re they that good we couldn’t get near them? 

11 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Totally.

Late on Kalas got in two excellent blocks, Tanner (who rallied after a tough first half) put in a good tackle on the edge of the penalty area then Weimann, who ran himself into the ground again yesterday, managed to get back to put in a great defensive challenge, got up to win a second tackle then kicked it clear.

All the while Bakinson stood by the side of him offering no support whatsoever.

I’ve seen enough now to be honest, he doesn’t work anywhere near hard enough.

I have a sneaky feeling Nige may try to move him on during January.  Signed a 3+1 deal in summer 2019, before he’d broken through, so wages won’t be high, meaning he could be attractive to several clubs.

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I thought the strangest thing about his interview (on RB at least) was the comments about the two injured players.

He said he hadn't spoken to Joe, and he only "passed" King in the corridor?

How has he not spoken to either of them? Surely he's at least asked them if they're ok or what went wrong?

Just seemed very weird, as if he wasn't in the changing room at half time or after the game?

I think it’s just Nige’s way of diffusing the question, nor speculating with the media on how bad an injury might be.  He said they’d be in yesterday to evaluate.  Not much more to say really.

1 hour ago, Shuffle said:

NP got team selection wrong as king/James were never going to be or are mobile enough to compete in a 2 & clearly needed help especially when against 3.. The subs were completely wrong with Wells playing wide right ridiculous, then changing shape & leaving Weimann as a 10 when he had undoubted energy but is he creative? Finally, bemused by bringing in our least mobile player in Bakinson when we were already over run. 

Saw a stat in post today that said we only committed 4 fouls all game & that tells you everything you need to know about Saturday. No tackles or even a reducer attempted to even try something to stop Bournemouth from having freedom of the park. We’re they that good we couldn’t get near them? 

I think it’s easy to say he got it wrong, because we were so poor.  We never imposed our game on them.  Wells did come on up-front and Weimann went right, as we initially stuck with 442.  But then he dropped Weimann into the hole and pushed Wells right in a 451-like formation.

(The 352 second half got cut open even easier, but we did fashion a few chances ourselves)

Up until Williams went off our two forwards were quite successful in stopping Cahill and Kelly playing into Billing and Kilkenny, and their keeper kicked long a few times.  Wells coming on started to see that change, I’d have preferred Wells to chase the ball and Martin block the passing lanes.  A bit like him and Alex Scott did v Blackpool.  Less running for Martin too.  Alas, that wasn’t the case.  With Stacey being given the freedom to join in possession with give and go’s with Lowe or Christie, our CM2 of James and King got overloaded….and it also meant the quick switch to Zemura / Anthony started happening too regularly.

Was surprised by Bakinson sub admittedly…..think Tyreeq dug his own grave with that 25 minute non-cameo.  Although it’s likely Tyreeq would stand there and let someone dig it! ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I think it’s just Nige’s way of diffusing the question, nor speculating with the media on how bad an injury might be.  He said they’d be in yesterday to evaluate.  Not much more to say really.

You could be right, it just came across as odd to me to say they hadn't spoken. How many managers haven't checked in on one of their best players getting injured so early into a game? Agree he likely wouldn't have given much away so early anyway

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

You could be right, it just came across as odd to me to say they hadn't spoken. How many managers haven't checked in on one of their best players getting injured so early into a game? Agree he likely wouldn't have given much away so early anyway

He’s used the same answer in the past.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I have a sneaky feeling Nige may try to move him on during January.  Signed a 3+1 deal in summer 2019, before he’d broken through, so wages won’t be high, meaning he could be attractive to several clubs.

I think it’s easy to say he got it wrong, because we were so poor.  We never imposed our game on them.  Wells did come on up-front and Weimann went right, as we initially stuck with 442.  But then he dropped Weimann into the hole and pushed Wells right in a 451-like formation.

(The 352 second half got cut open even easier, but we did fashion a few chances ourselves)

Up until Williams went off our two forwards were quite successful in stopping Cahill and Kelly playing into Billing and Kilkenny, and their keeper kicked long a few times.  Wells coming on started to see that change, I’d have preferred Wells to chase the ball and Martin block the passing lanes.  A bit like him and Alex Scott did v Blackpool.  Less running for Martin too.  Alas, that wasn’t the case.  With Stacey being given the freedom to join in possession with give and go’s with Lowe or Christie, our CM2 of James and King got overloaded….and it also meant the quick switch to Zemura / Anthony started happening too regularly.

Was surprised by Bakinson sub admittedly…..think Tyreeq dug his own grave with that 25 minute non-cameo.  Although it’s likely Tyreeq would stand there and let someone dig it! ?

I really wanted Bakinson to make it at City, as I do all the breakthrough lads, but I've completely lost hope for him (and respect, sadly). To have the physical advantages and loads of talent, but not to be able to find the right effort levels, never mind the consistent performances, is really disappointing. 

Let Ipswich sign him...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mozo said:

I really wanted Bakinson to make it at City, as I do all the breakthrough lads, but I've completely lost hope for him (and respect, sadly). To have the physical advantages and loads of talent, but not to be able to find the right effort levels, never mind the consistent performances, is really disappointing. 

Let Ipswich sign him...

I’m the same….I want every player to be great for us.

He is a talented passer of the ball, but his mobility and desire to get about the pitch is questionable.

I sense a bit heart to heart with Nige…..and he might end up going the “freeway” (sorry, awful pun for those of you old enough).

• Like 1