IGNORED

Cool colours yeh

ExiledAjax

image.thumb.png.9435debcc5bee55ce39961a0328ed2d4.png

Red v green. 3rd time this season. 

Absolutely bloody genius. Well done to everyone involved in choosing the kit colours for today's match. Just the 1 in 12 blokes that might have been affected by this. Possibly 2 of our squad. **** the shorts, this is ******* awful. **** the swear filter as well. 

Bournemouth could have worn their white away kit, but nope obviously this was a top opportunity to break out the green 3rd kit. Against a red home kit. ******* cretins. 

@Blagdon red @JerrySLO whoever decides this crap doesn't actually give a shit do they.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

They could’ve being playing in fluorescent pink and the outcome would’ve been exactly the same.

I don’t disagree but it would have been nice to watch that outcome without having to rely on the colour of a players shorts to tell what team they were. And as others have said the names and numbers were completely unreadable.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

They could’ve being playing in fluorescent pink and the outcome would’ve been exactly the same.

It's a terrible kit blend regardless of the result.

Firstly Bournemouth shouldn't even have a green 3rd kit. No one should have a green kit. Secondly if they must have green...they should never wear it away to a team that plays in red. Thirdly, if they selfishly insist on doing so then we should change.

Our new purple kit would have (just about) worked against this abhorrent green and black job. We could have worn that, and then when asked why on earth we wore our 3rd kit at home we could have highlighted the fact that Bournemouth stupidly have and wore a green kit - thus making the game very difficult to watch for the 1 in 12 men and 1 in 200 women who are colourblind. By the sounds of it yesterday's kit was a challenge even for those with 'normal' colour vision.

I'd be saying the same if we'd won 5-0.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Do all people affected with colour blindness have the same colour clashes? 

No.  I do struggle with colours but that particular shade of green I could differentiate from red.  Other shades are harder for me.   

Take the OPs point, though.  Absolutely no need.

The problem has been , 11 in 12 haven't cared, TBH we probably only thought about it in passing. It's only this year that a couple of teams have stepped up to help by changing kits.  Serie A have apparently banned green kits, and World Rugby are banning Red/Green kit clashes from 2027, not sure why it takes so long though. 

I didn't realise , or think about it until I saw this photo.

1498675545_Screenshot2021-10-17at08_02_14.png.0d0f80c39468308472e59641281b3a73.png

Red Green is the most common colourblindness apparently, and this would ruin my enjoyment of any game. you could see why Rugby are changing, I wouldn't think it would take much for football to do the same, but quicker.

1192720023_Screenshot2021-10-17at08_03_49.png.7decbc615dabedfe2b998883ecba6c45.png

523473147_Screenshot2021-10-17at08_03_49.jpeg.08e78277ebeda30eca9761264dba3644.jpeg

Be hard to watch even if you have good enough eyesight to pick out faces from 100 yards.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Whilst I agree with the OP, we were at home so I don’t see our role in this.

Apparently Bournemouth’s second kit is white anyway, so why they chose to wear this colour is all on them.

Like most 3rd kits, it's a money making exercise, and they have to wear it occasionally.

• Flames 1

43 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Apparently Bournemouth’s second kit is white anyway, so why they chose to wear this colour is all on them.

I would imagine they have to wear it so many times per season as per manufacturers contract?? Like any other team I guess 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Yeh. I made the thread after a few pints last night and my anger was amplified by the ciders.

It is mainly on Bournemouth. But it's also on the EFL who I believe sign off the kits a couple of weeks before each game. I also don't think it's beyond us to say to Bournemouth "hang on, why are you wearing green?". Maybe we did that, maybe we didn't, but I hope we did.

It's interesting that this wasn't the worst blend for a lot of people. That does show that it's a tricky issue. However there are basic principles - such as using one dark and one light kit - that can really help.

I was angry as well as I recently emailed the Club and SC&T and was told that the Club would be keeping colourindness in mind when sorting kits out. Yesterday's kits made me think this was perhaps a less than serious promise.

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

The problem has been , 11 in 12 haven't cared, TBH we probably only thought about it in passing. It's only this year that a couple of teams have stepped up to help by changing kits.  Serie A have apparently banned green kits, and World Rugby are banning Red/Green kit clashes from 2027, not sure why it takes so long though. 

I didn't realise , or think about it until I saw this photo.

1498675545_Screenshot2021-10-17at08_02_14.png.0d0f80c39468308472e59641281b3a73.png

Red Green is the most common colourblindness apparently, and this would ruin my enjoyment of any game. you could see why Rugby are changing, I wouldn't think it would take much for football to do the same, but quicker.

1192720023_Screenshot2021-10-17at08_03_49.png.7decbc615dabedfe2b998883ecba6c45.png

523473147_Screenshot2021-10-17at08_03_49.jpeg.08e78277ebeda30eca9761264dba3644.jpeg

Be hard to watch even if you have good enough eyesight to pick out faces from 100 yards.

Thanks. This is a great post. The greyscale test is a really good way to tell if two kits could be problematic. 

• Like 1

I'm not colour blind but at one point yesterday looking from the SS I lost one of their players on the far touch line due to the green against the grass and the people in the Dolman. I commented at the time that this shade of green against the grass could also be difficult for players.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@ExiledAjaxlooks like you weren’t the only one!

I saw Wes in the ground from where I sit, and then he was gone.

Cheers Dave. The more people that email/tweet/shout about this to the Club and to @JerrySLO the better. 

I'm not seeking to whip up a crusade over it, I'm well conscious that there are others with far more serious issues, but this is appreciated. Thank you. 

https://www.htafc.com/news/2021/september/kit-selections--colour-vision-deficiency/

Huddersfield made a change earlier this season after fans commented on bad kit choices in earlier games. It is possible to make intelligent decisions. 

I guess it will again be somewhat out of our hands which kit Forest go for on Tuesday. Hopefully they go for this third kit...

image.png.3a4907509bb8f522e49593b7032776ef.png

...rather than their away kit...which if used will cause issues for many fans.

image.png.bc2e0c4061d0de14be5dbbb2fc93e454.png

2 in our squad? City played like they were all deuteranopic given the number of times they passed the ball to Bomo.

Shame your photo shows the ball to be white, as Wells for sure failed to see it else he'd surely have scored rather than scuff it wide of the post.

This might be of interest if some haven't seen it.

1809576548_Screenshot2021-10-18at09_09_48.png.147dd0faf9f01a1ae76dcb823c71a4bb.png

Bristol City Supporters Club & Trust

9 m  · 

It has come to our attention of the issues caused with Bournemouth's green third kit being used against City's red home kit from Saturday. If you're affected by colour blindness; especially with the kits from last Saturday; please let us know at info@bristolcitysupporters.org.

Colour blindness is an issue we as a board have been discussing. We'd love to hear from you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

This might be of interest if some haven't seen it.

1809576548_Screenshot2021-10-18at09_09_48.png.147dd0faf9f01a1ae76dcb823c71a4bb.png

Bristol City Supporters Club & Trust

9 m  · 

It has come to our attention of the issues caused with Bournemouth's green third kit being used against City's red home kit from Saturday. If you're affected by colour blindness; especially with the kits from last Saturday; please let us know at info@bristolcitysupporters.org.

Colour blindness is an issue we as a board have been discussing. We'd love to hear from you

Yep I've been speaking to the SC&T and they've been very good at listening to the issues and taking them to the Club.

If they can build a body of evidence then that will help persuade the Club to take more assertive action.

I'd echo again the call for anyone reading this thread who has had issues this season, to just drop an email to them. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yep I've been speaking to the SC&T and they've been very good at listening to the issues and taking them to the Club.

If they can build a body of evidence then that will help persuade the Club to take more assertive action.

I'd echo again the call for anyone reading this thread who has had issues this season, to just drop an email to them. 

With the financial side of 3rd kits, it may be hard to convince an away side not to use a shirt that they can only use on certain occasions. I think it needs a ruling from the higher powers like in Rugby. Though why they are taking until 2027 to do something is odd.

As I said previously, I'm not affected so you tend not to think of it, but those photos I posted really brings it home.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

With the financial side of 3rd kits, it may be hard to convince an away side not to use a shirt that they can only use on certain occasions. I think it needs a ruling from the higher powers like in Rugby. Though why they are taking until 2027 to do something is odd.

As I said previously, I'm not affected so you tend not to think of it, but those photos I posted really brings it home.

Thing is I don't think it needs more rules. Legislation and further regulation should be the last resort, and personally I think the tools are already in place. We simply need clubs, leagues, and kit designers to be made aware of the existing FA and UEFA guidance, and then for them to implement it and bear it in mind when deciding on kit design and selection.

Regarding Saturday's game: I don't think a green kit is ever wise, but if the marketing guys at Bournemouth want it then that's fine. But they should then consider the guidance and realise that the time to use that kit is against Fulham, Swansea, Derby, Coventry, or any other team that plays in white or lighter blue. To use it against teams that play in red is inconsiderate. 

This season I am seeing more fan pressure, and also some response from clubs (see the Huddersfield example above). I am hopeful.

My greatest thanks is to someone like yourself who despite not being colourblind, has shown interest, support and compassion for those people who do. Thank you.

• Like 3