IGNORED

Cool colours yeh

ExiledAjax

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

It's not an insignificant number. 18000 means 1500 statistically could suffer. I do honestly think I would stop going if I suffered, and not as though it's a costly or difficult thing to sort out.

I saw that you got retweeted by the Colourblind Awareness Org. Thank you again for helping to raise the profile of the issue.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hamdon Mart said:

I was doing my prep earlier this afternoon & noticed we would be having this conversation again tonight. Barnsley played at Middlesbrough two games ago & changed to the green kit as seen in this picture.

Middlesbrough v Barnsley.jpg

Yeh, I posted the highlights of that game above. I suspect our game won't be quite  as awful as we have the white shorts rather than red like Boro. However, for those sat high up, or in long camera shots, at corners and the like, it is going to be hard. BBC is forecasting a 25% chance of rain as well, and if it does soak those kits then it will be even worse.

Hope your job isn't too awful tomorrow, and let me know if there is more chat in the press box.

If Gregor could bring this up in the post-match then I'd love it.

7 minutes ago, Barkhamred said:

Watching QPR v Forest tonight makes me think that they are unlikely to be able to do a late change of kit unless they go with no poppies on the front.

Ah have they started wearing poppies. Yeh I can't imagine they will change then, unless they have a set of alternatives that also have it.

I won't really be able to tell if Barnsley have poppies on their green shirts or not though!

• Like 2

Just a quick update. Mike from the Supporters Club (who is on here I think) has replied to my email and they have contacted Barnsley FC. Now, whether they are able to react to the email before tomorrow is a different matter. I just thought it was worth highlighting that our club acted on a Friday evening to highlight the problem, and I think that is amazing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreedyHarry said:

Just a quick update. Mike from the Supporters Club (who is on here I think) has replied to my email and they have contacted Barnsley FC. Now, whether they are able to react to the email before tomorrow is a different matter. I just thought it was worth highlighting that our club acted on a Friday evening to highlight the problem, and I think that is amazing.

No acknowledgment from Barnsley on my tweet….not that I expected them to.  Gregor is picking up the baton though.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No acknowledgment from Barnsley on my tweet….not that I expected them to.  Gregor is picking up the baton though.

I was speaking to Piercy after the Bournemouth game. He said he's actually colourblind as well and has been wanting to do a piece on the issue for a while. Tomorrow is going to to messy, I'd be interested to see how it goes on Twitter. If Gregor wants to chat afterwards then you've got my DM Fevs.

1 hour ago, GreedyHarry said:

I've been speaking to Mike since August on this, he's been great at taking it to the Club(s). He said the same to me today, and that the SC&T will be looking at this in more detail going forward.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Offside said:

Yes it was awful. If City didn’t wear white shorts I’d really struggle in games like today. 

Yes, thanks for asking @Dredd. Honestly, for me it wasn't as awful as I feared. I watched on RobinsTV and it was bad, but the shorts and clear weather helped a bit. 

It's worst at corners etc, so those second half goal mouth scrambles were tricky.

Not awful, but pretty bad. 

Some will have found it impossible though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Stoke's away kit is light green and they have no third kit. So more joy to come in a couple of games time!

image.png.a25f63cd973580b719284eba1a03722d.png

See, now this is interesting. If this was a Saturday match in the daylight I’d have no problem with that shade but, a night match, with artificial light, I’m not so sure. 

38 minutes ago, Calculus said:

That's grass coloured. Sneaky...

Yeh that is actually more my concern. This particular shade of green shouldn't be too much of a blend with our red. Someone with very severe red colour blindness might struggle, but most will be OK.

However, I think we might see complaints from normal sighted people instead.

42 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

To be fair, its not really an option for a club to change their away kit, or home kit of course, mid way through a season. It would open up a whole can of worms for fans who have purchased replicas, etc. I,m sure this has been mentioned earlier in the thread but couldn't be arsed to look.

I don't want them to change a whole kit half way through a season. I

It's more about clubs choosing which match to use the green one in. For example Barnsley could wear that green kit at Fulham, PNE, Derby etc, and wear their white 3rd shirt with the green shorts and socks when they play us. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Horse With No Name said:

But for Fulham, Derby, Preston etc they would wear red surely?

If they wanted to sure. But they could wear their away kit there, and then the third kit against red teams. If they want to a) give all 3 kits some airtime to boost sales, and b) want to be considerate to all of their fans, then they should just give a little more thought to which game they use each kit in.

That is all I am asking.

On 30/10/2021 at 21:38, ExiledAjax said:

If they wanted to sure. But they could wear their away kit there, and then the third kit against red teams. If they want to a) give all 3 kits some airtime to boost sales, and b) want to be considerate to all of their fans, then they should just give a little more thought to which game they use each kit in.

That is all I am asking.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Cheers. I'd been told they were going to make a statement on the issue soon. It's good to see, and hopefully will lead to some actual changes.

I spoke to the SC&T during the week and they're actively working with the Club. I believe there's an EFL "forum" on the matter this week as well, which City and most of the other 71 clubs will attend.

Scott Murray is also hot on the issue and apparently does make an effort to consider the matter when selecting kit. Through the SC&T I've provided him with my list of recommended kits for our remaining away games. We are limited in what we can do with teams at home, although writing to the EFL is something I think we should have done long ago.

There still needs to be some actual change to accompany the words written and spoken, but some good progress has been made over the past few months.

• Like 1

Just to put something on record. I know, because I was involved in this, that the Club included the greyscale picture because they know that greyscale is an easy and quick way to show 'normal' sighted people how colour blindness can cause difficulty.

This isn't the Club being ignorant (as perhaps the Colour Blind Awareness Org have assumed), it's actually them being quite informed. I wish they'd clarified this when they tweeted. I also wish they spoken to the CBAO before making a statement - I did make that recommendation.

No big deal I guess, but it irks me when good intentions are then wrongly perceived due to poor communication.

image.thumb.png.6e6158d82237f1f3f97976fce21f6655.png

• Like 2

On Saturday I couldn’t distinguish between the colours of the kits worn by the Blackburn keeper and their outfield players. In the second half whenever he caught the ball my first instinct was that we’d get a penalty for handball ??‍♂️

Yep. Neither could I. I find it the least problematic mix up, but it's still bad. It's a shame as Blackburn's away kit will generally not be a problem for most.

On wednesday Stoke are coming to town. They'll likely wear their green  away kit, with black shorts. It's under the lights so will be bad for some.

Here's their game v Luton from a week or so ago. If anyone can tell these two apart I'll be amazed.

I'm still speaking to clubs and organisations to try and drive some change.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

Yep. Neither could I. I find it the least problematic mix up, but it's still bad. It's a shame as Blackburn's away kit will generally not be a problem for most.

On wednesday Stoke are coming to town. They'll likely wear their green  away kit, with black shorts. It's under the lights so will be bad for some.

Here's their game v Luton from a week or so ago. If anyone can tell these two apart I'll be amazed.

I'm still speaking to clubs and organisations to try and drive some change.

I just don’t get the EFL (or any other footballing body) allowing opposing teams to wear the same colour shorts. There was a time when all elements of the kits had to contrast - when did that rule change and why ffs?

• Like 1