IGNORED

Wish Alex Scott would step up

Top Robin

12 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

I know it’s not FM, but you could arguably play 

Palmer/Scott/Wiemann 

behind a Wells or even a Martin on Tuesday. 

HNM and James can sit and those 3 would hopefully mean the ball was on the ground more, so would suit them. 

4-2-3-1 

we literally can’t get any worse @ home! 

Uh oh ? 

"Full-time at the Gate...

City 0

Forest 6"

If Atkinson and Massengo fit and Williams and King not, I’d be tempted to go 5 at the back, with Kalas/Atkinson/Baker and Dasilva/Tanner wing backs. James and (bit Football Manager-y maybe, but for a left sided player) Pring holding, Massengo in front of them. Up front I’d be tempted to shake up and see if something like Wells/Semenyo could cause problems. Think both Martin and Weimann, the latter in particular, less effective at home, so would expect them to be back for WBA, albeit NP tends towards players holding the shirt if playing well.

Overall probably a bit too much tinkering, but am drawn to Dasilva/Tanner as wing backs. 

3 hours ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

If Atkinson and Massengo fit and Williams and King not, I’d be tempted to go 5 at the back, with Kalas/Atkinson/Baker and Dasilva/Tanner wing backs. James and (bit Football Manager-y maybe, but for a left sided player) Pring holding, Massengo in front of them. Up front I’d be tempted to shake up and see if something like Wells/Semenyo could cause problems. Think both Martin and Weimann, the latter in particular, less effective at home, so would expect them to be back for WBA, albeit NP tends towards players holding the shirt if playing well.

Overall probably a bit too much tinkering, but am drawn to Dasilva/Tanner as wing backs. 

Yes, can not see why tanner/dasilva not weekly starters 

Jamie Paterson in the attacking midfield role ..........  oh wait .

Seriously though as that is not an option.

Bentley

Kalas     Atkinson     Baker

Tanner                                                    Pring

James         Massengo

Palmer

Weimann         Martin

Edited by VT05763

11 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I don't think Scott did himself any favours the last time he started. He seemed to struggle to make any impact and I think Nige may want to ease him back in from the bench. 

He got whacked on the touchline early on.  He pulled out of a couple of challenges….no idea if linked, or whether the whack injured him.  Then he got hauled off.

Showed a couple of promising touches versus Peterborough.

1 hour ago, VT05763 said:

Bentley

James         Massengo

Palmer

Weimann         Martin

Hopefully Palmer isn’t an option!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Top Robin said:

With Williams out and the team lacking any pace and creativity, it would be good to see this lad come good for us.

Surely he will improve if he plays more often and he could end up being very important for us.

Always looks good to me

49277569-10100601-image-a-72_1634460829133.jpg

2 hours ago, VT05763 said:

Bentley

James         Massengo

Palmer

Weimann         Martin

Liking this very much.....

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Hopefully Palmer isn’t an option!

11 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

If we want to have any shots or score some goals he better be.

Palmer obviously has a lot of technical ability, but I don't quite buy the idea that he's the creative goal-generating messiah that some fans claim he is. Of course he has his good days (like any player), but the good moments often seem outweighed by below average moments. He certainly has the potential to be creative, but he doesn't guarantee it and is far from an essential inclusion in the team, no matter how poor we look going forward. 

It would be brilliant if it worked out for him here, but it seems Palmer's fallen quite a way down the pecking order with yet another manager. 

1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Palmer obviously has a lot of technical ability, but I don't quite buy the idea that he's the creative goal-generating messiah that some fans claim he is. Of course he has his good days (like any player), but the good moments often seem outweighed by below average moments. He certainly has the potential to be creative, but he doesn't guarantee it and is far from an essential inclusion in the team, no matter how poor we look going forward. 

It would be brilliant if it worked out for him here, but it seems Palmer's fallen quite a way down the pecking order with yet another manager. 

Not a Messiah and certainly no guarantees but for the love of God we need a spark and some creativity in the side. 

Until we are sure on the injury situation with HNM & King (as I think we can all safely assume that Williams is out) then really the midfield part of the side v Forest is just educated guesswork.

If they are all missing, that only leaves James & Bakinson as natural central midfielders & as in my view the latter is a total liability then it becomes a real issue.

Controversial as it might appear, in that case I’d rather put Vyner in alongside James & play either Scott, Palmer or O’Dowda as the third man (it follows we would have to go to a back 3/5 if we are so short).

Time will tell.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Until we are sure on the injury situation with HNM & King (as I think we can all safely assume that Williams is out) then really the midfield part of the side v Forest is just educated guesswork.

If they are all missing, that only leaves James & Bakinson as natural central midfielders & as in my view the latter is a total liability then it becomes a real issue.

Controversial as it might appear, in that case I’d rather put Vyner in alongside James & play either Scott, Palmer or O’Dowda as the third man (it follows we would have to go to a back 3/5 if we are so short).

Time will tell.

Think Vyner could come in ahead of Bakinson on Tuesday if push came to shove.  Was 19th man on Saturday.

I think Atkinson will be back, and I think Nige will go with a 352 as a result.

So, assuming:

DB

GT / TK / NB / RA / JD

Then you could go James / Vyner and play Scott or Palmer off if whoever the 2 up top are.

Id much rather Vyner alongside James than Bakinson.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think Vyner could come in ahead of Bakinson on Tuesday if push came to shove.  Was 19th man on Saturday.

So, assuming:

DB

GT / TK / NB / RA / JD

Then you could go James / Vyner and play Scott or Palmer off if whoever the 2 up top are.

Good shout with Vyner, has played there for Nige. I'd still like to see a shake up , up top. I don't think we will and that means Scott rather than KP IMO. Palmer is wasted unless we have good movement in front of him. I'd love to see Wells & Wiemann with Palmer behind, but Nige doesn't see it that way.

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So, assuming:

DB

GT / TK / NB / RA / JD

You beat me to it @Davefevs.

I know that he is not every supporters favourite but, unless he is injured or fallen out big time with NP, I consider he should have been on the bench recently as a versatile defender.

Since the arrival of Tanner, could it be that he is being groomed for another position? I can't believe that Pearson has given up on him (yet keeps picking the ineffective ROI international!)

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

So, assuming:

DB

GT / TK / NB / RA / JD

Exactly what I would do if both HNM & King are unavailable.

I would give Weimann & Wells a go up top, but not sure if I’d choose Scott, Palmer or O’Dowda as the third man in midfield.