IGNORED

Hold up after the game

Redandproud

Give me bridge delays any day.  For some of us the 112 mile journey home topped out at 190 miles, two sections of the M4 eastbound closed, pretty much the whole of the M25 South, anticlockwise closed (all for roadworks so forget A303 or route via Bracknell) forcing all traffic from the West to use the clockwise M25 North and M11 to get to South East London. Guess what, that resulted in accidents.

Highways England my ****.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, TomF said:

Throwing a bridge swing as a major event is exiting is BCC stupidity at its finest. Given they’re not allowed to have bridges swings at peak hours how is this different 

It's the fault of AFC Bournemouth!

It was their fault in 1955 when on Easter Monday at about 2pm, the old little bridge by the Pump House and Nova Scotia pubs, was swung to welcome several large cargo ships to pass into the dock. The larger swing bridge did not exist then

Many of the Bristol and South Glos special buses were held up in the queue that went all the way to Whiteladies Road. Crowd that day was over 33,000 as a 0-0 draw took City a bit closer to the Third (South) title.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Give me bridge delays any day.  For some of us the 112 mile journey home topped out at 190 miles, two sections of the M4 eastbound closed, pretty much the whole of the M25 South, anticlockwise closed (all for roadworks so forget A303 or route via Bracknell) forcing all traffic from the West to use the clockwise M25 North and M11 to get to South East London. Guess what, that resulted in accidents.

At least you watched a good match 

1 hour ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Oh and knowing there would be a big crowd extra traffic wardens out giving tickets scum council.

Assuming they are giving tickets to people illegally parked, what’s the issue?  Perhaps everybody should be allowed to do what they want - that would make a better world!

7 hours ago, Redandproud said:

This is Bristol City Council for you, major disruption for traffic after a city game,

As much as we like to slag off the Council for traffic congestion I think this was more to do with the tide times than them.

Even taking that into account there must be a reasonable window of opportunity for craft to get through the lock gates in enough time to let the crowd / traffic disperse for 30mins after the game?

The harbour master (who’s already had some grief this week from a visiting skipper) must also be answerable for not being aware of a big crowd in the immediate vicinity of the harbour area and try to avoid the conflict, or maybe he’s a Gashead!

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Yeah it was horrible. The Cumberland basin was jammed for ages and loads of road rage. I’ll be getting AG2 again

The AG2 also went on a detour last night via Temple Meads. According to the driver when asked about the scenic route, replied it was due to an accident. Still back to the P&R at a reasonable time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Time to persuade 'er indoors to move West Beet ...

10 hours ago, Redandproud said:

This is Bristol City Council for you, major disruption for traffic after a city game,

5 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Oh and knowing there would be a big crowd extra traffic wardens out giving tickets scum council.

Just a couple of quick points - how was this the council’s fault and why should people be allowed to park illegally? 

Cheers ...

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Just a couple of quick points - how was this the council’s fault and why should people be allowed to park illegally? 

Cheers ...

In my opinion the  ouncill have made it harder to park around the gate with parking zones yellow lines etc unless you travel by bus your stumped ive heard many say with all the hassell parking I can't be bothered to go.

• Like 1

Yeah that junction was a nightmare, cars just abandoned. The council will shortly be putting double yellow lines around that coroner, and a number of other corners throughout Ashton, which will mean even few places to park, but will stop the sort of congestion seen on Saturday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashtonboy said:

I only witnessed police booking cars, not the council. The only cars being booked deserved to be towed. Smythe Road junction was unbelievable. 

What even  on waste ground under the bus flyover, but council gets it in there heads to tkt cars on that waste ground off road, not even causing an obstruction

4 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

In my opinion the  ouncill have made it harder to park around the gate with parking zones yellow lines etc unless you travel by bus your stumped ive heard many say with all the hassell parking I can't be bothered to go.

I used to turn up for exactly 5pm when permit parking only stopped and then go get some food before the game

• Like 1