IGNORED

Swansea v Cardiff

TomF

He gave the ball away for the West Brom goal but has done well there for his goal & did very well the other day. 

We all know he has these purple patches, but it really only ever is 2 or 3 games and then we don’t see it again for a while.

Interested to see how it goes the rest of the season.

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Who knows but the 2 months previous goals, assists and points won don't get wiped out in a period of bad form

We could do with a player having a good 2 months chipping in with goals and assists! I rated him while he was here providing he played in his correct position and with someone mobile ahead of him like Reid was. 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Jamie Paterson can turn out to be a Lionel Messi & Christiano Ronaldo hybrid for all I care. I’ll still be glad he’s gone. 

Why? Because I watched him for years and by and large he was crap. 

Classic response of someone with no clue.

How many goals and assists for us? 

How does that compare to anyone else of a similar position  in our current squad?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Jamie Paterson can turn out to be a Lionel Messi & Christiano Ronaldo hybrid for all I care. I’ll still be glad he’s gone. 

Why? Because I watched him for years and by and large he was crap. 

Good player when he turns up, goes missing too much for me when he played for us.

Maybe he’s found a club and style that suits him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

How does that compare to anyone else of a similar position  in our current squad?

Harsh response, I thought his opinion was not far off the mark

4 minutes ago, Bannerman said:

Good player when he turns up, goes missing too much for me when he played for us.

Maybe he’s found a club and style that suits him

Probably one of those who will do better in more dominant sides or ones who attempt to take the game etc. He did alright for us though, but he had spells where he was in or out.

I'd have him over Palmer or O'Dowda though, no doubt- his versatility would also be of use.

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Oh god. You’re actually making him out to be Zinedine Zidane because he’s having a half decent spell for Swansea. 

Paterson was part of the problem here. I’m so glad he’s no longer our player and he can have a million assists and a million goals this season and I’d still think that - because I saw him play with my own eyes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'd have him over Palmer or O'Dowda though, no doubt- his versatility would also be of use.

Now this is a whole different argument. A little like when I play squash. It’s just a battle of who’s the least shit. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Oh god. You’re actually making him out to be Zinedine Zidane because he’s having a half decent spell for Swansea. 

Paterson was part of the problem here. I’m so glad he’s no longer our player and he can have a million assists and a million goals this season and I’d still think that - because I saw him play with my own eyes. 

best get down specsavers then........

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Probably one of those who will do better in more dominant sides or ones who attempt to take the game etc. He did alright for us though, but he had spells where he was in or out.

I agree, maybe it was do with wages and contracts etc, he was out of contract. Politics within the club.

2 minutes ago, One man went.... said:

Not for me.. We have enough passengers now

Is he sound technically? Yes. Does he chip in some goals from midfield? Yes. Does he chip in some assists from midfield? Yes. Is he relatively versatile? Yes.

Nobody is saying he's perfect or a 10/10 but seems a decent player to me. Suppose a big gap between his top and lowest level...

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is he sound technically? Yes. Does he chip in some goals from midfield? Yes. Does he chip in some assists from midfield? Yes. Is he relatively versatile? Yes.

Nobody is saying he's perfect or a 10/10 but seems a decent player to me. Suppose a big gap between his top and lowest level...

His standard deviation?!

I’ve just read back over a Paterson thread from December 2020… guess what? No one thinks he’s Jesus there. @Mr Popodopolous my replies have been merged. This second paragraph is not aimed at you. The first one is!

Edited by Fordy62
  • Like 1

Let's face it. He is/was at times a frustrating player with a tendency for inconsistency. His slight frame and habit of not fancying the more robust side of the game is a classic player profile that draws ire from spectators too. But, on squad balance, you look at us now and he's the kind of player we could really do with in midfield. We are woefully short on players with quick feet and an ability to spot a pass (Jay and HNM are the only players who seem remotely capable of a good bit of close ball control). 

I wasn't sad to see him go, but with the benefit of hindsight, can now say he'd significantly improve our squad. That is classically, part and parcel of the fickleness of being a football fan!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Embarrassing.

The Manchester games were in the depths of winter..

It’s also absolutely pissing down in Swansea & West Brom are as physical as anyone in the division, but you keep peddling your fairy tales.

Again big TV matches - wasn’t particularly cold either
He was shivering on the bench in his last spell with us, didn’t look interested 

Not fairy tales - fact, he’s inconsistent, a great player on his day 

• Like 1

I’d have Paterson in this squad every day of the week. Frustrating as those type of players are, we really lack any sort of spark. Might be noted that their recent upturn in results coincides with Korey Smith back in the team, another I’d............. COYR 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Another goal and another assist tonight against WBA no less

and the radio commentator on TALKSPORT thought it was all over after 1 minute. I wonder who was there from City tonight to watch the game in preparation for next week. 

Also nice to see Patto and Korey playing so well together, both loved our club and it was a shame how it ended for them; but I'm glad they both now seem to be over injury and playing regularly for Swansea 

• Like 2
  • Robin 1