IGNORED

sunday peoples players stats from Bournemouth game

Never to the dark side

13 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Our best player in the first half.

Quite clearly our best player in the first half, surprising seeing people rate Williams so highly yet he leaves Tanner exposed. But if O’Dowda does it he’s forbidden from putting the shirt on again. Some fans just have agendas against some of the players and it’s obvious.

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Looking at those stats it’s makes me wonder how City are sitting comfortably in mid table.

The stats overall are saying generally that we are below mid-table, but not bottom 8.  Our results are slightly outperforming the numbers.

But we look far from a relegation battle team….so one step at a time.

• Like 1

The poor pass completion was because B’mouth played a very high line and had everyone except Kelly and Cahill in our half, so players rushed passes and lost ball more times than normal. 

The game was another mini wake up call for anyone thinking we could achieve anything more than mid table this year, but I’m happy with that as always knew it was a year of consolidation. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, brad blit said:

The poor pass completion was because B’mouth played a very high line and had everyone except Kelly and Cahill in our half, so players rushed passes and lost ball more times than normal. 

The game was another mini wake up call for anyone thinking we could achieve anything more than mid table this year, but I’m happy with that as always knew it was a year of consolidation. 

Yep, and conversely we didn’t do the same back to them.

• Like 1

Fans need to keep things in perspective. We were up against the best team in the league who have amongst others a centre back who will eventually cost them £20 million with the add ons.

We are rebuilding and a work in progress. Its hard to stomach not being able to compete or at least give them a game but given the chaotic mess where we were last season I think Nige has done really well in arresting the calamitous slide to relegation. 

Anything approaching mid table without the fear of dropping towards the relegation places will be a measure of success for me.

Unfortunately it further underlines the complete and utter shambles we were left with under the previous regime.

We have a long way to go and although I was baffled by some of the substitutions on Saturday where I think he got it wrong, we are moving in the right direction.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Do you know who has the lowest average passes success percentage this season?

Bristol City…..

……will get you zero points!

The right answer is WBA….the team in 2nd place!

???

Should make for an interesting game next Saturday then! 

If they are worse than we were Saturday, we’ll be watching 90 minutes of a City player kicking it to a WBA player, kicking it back to a City player, who kicks it straight to a WBA player……………..

The Sunday Times ratings as promised.

Us, 4-4-2

Bentley 7- Tanner, 5 Kalas 6, Baker 6, Pring 5, (Bakinson, 6)- James 5, King 5, Williams 5, (Wells, 7), O'Dowda 7, (DaSilva, 6)- Weimann 7, Martin 6

Bournemouth, 4-3-3

Travers- Stacey 7, Cahill 7, Kelly 7, Zemura 8- Billing 7, Kilkenny 9, Christie 7- Lowe 8 (Lerma, 6), Solanke 6, Anthony 7

MOTM- Kilkenny

Subs not on for long enough didn't get rated, neither did Travers.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, SadWolf said:

Shrewsbury had 24% possession at home to MK Dons on saturday. They won 1-0 (the only "stat" that matters)

Possession certainly isn't the be all and end all. However a potential problem with a lack of possession on a regular is the sheer physical, mental strain on a squad. 

Perhaps more injuries can result, especially if a side/players having to work so hard either to regain the ball or mentally to keep a dominant opponent at bay, very little chance to 'rest in possession'.