IGNORED

Non Alcoholic beer

Talk Of The Town

28 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

Any recommendations would be appreciated 

Guinness Zero is actually very good. I did a blind taste with our next door neighbour who is Guinness mad. The test was between Zero and Normal Guinness. Both in a can and both had the widget. He did not know one of them was non-alcoholic. He assumed it was from my Pinter!

He preferred the Zero saying it was slightly creamier. He couldn't believe it was Zero when I subsequently revealed the winning beer!

• Like 2

On 17/10/2021 at 19:19, Alan Dicks said:

Not a beer but Thatchers zero is very nice

Coudnt really like Zero, I cant quite put my finger on it but it just tasted a little off. I also tried Koppaberg Mixed Fruit non alcolcolic cider as well, however whilst being tasty and almost like the real thing, it felt thicker and almost like you had to chew it down (Like I could actually taste the sugar in it)

2 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Coudnt really like Zero, I cant quite put my finger on it but it just tasted a little off. I also tried Koppaberg Mixed Fruit non alcolcolic cider as well, however whilst being tasty and almost like the real thing, it felt thicker and almost like you had to chew it down (Like I could actually taste the sugar in it)

I don’t drink cider because of the sugar content. Isn’t it Bulmers that has 5 teaspoons of sugar in a bottle ?

On 17/10/2021 at 19:02, Norn Iron said:

Guinness Zero is actually very good. I did a blind taste with our next door neighbour who is Guinness mad. The test was between Zero and Normal Guinness. Both in a can and both had the widget. He did not know one of them was non-alcoholic. He assumed it was from my Pinter!

He preferred the Zero saying it was slightly creamier. He couldn't believe it was Zero when I subsequently revealed the winning beer!

Thanks for the recommendation.

You’re right! It’s just like a normal Guinness ?

• Thanks 1

On 20/10/2021 at 22:29, Bobby Bollax said:

I don’t drink cider because of the sugar content. Isn’t it Bulmers that has 5 teaspoons of sugar in a bottle ?

Well thats the thing, I thing NA Kopperberg is just loaded with sugar. I had the Normal alcoholic Mixed fruit earlier today, and the taste was just normal, I was at my mums, I drove home (81miles later) I took a sip of a  bottle of NA Kopperberg zero, vastly different as in my previous post, it felt thick. You know like it as if eating Caramel Chocolate. (Not exactly but closer to it there of.) You have normal chocolate, and then theres caramel chocolate.

Edited by CrazyInWeston

7 hours ago, Red7 said:

This is a pretty good and comprehensive round-up. All a matter of taste, of course, but some good non-alcoholic beers in here:

The Best Non-Alcoholic Beers & Alcohol-Free Lagers in 2021 (steadydrinker.com)

For beers easily obtainable, Doom Bar, St Peters without or Brewdog Nanny State(0.5%)

Edited by E.G.Red

On 20/10/2021 at 22:29, Bobby Bollax said:

That's why discerning drinkers dismiss Bulmers as a cider. If you are going to drink a fruit drink from Hereford make sure it's Westons. 

• Like 1