IGNORED

East End East End, Bounce Around

Silvio Dante

5 minutes ago, 42nite said:

True, but it definitely moved, and clouds of dust were thrown into the air.

Without doubt! If there wasn’t movement in the stand it would of I imagined fallen down.

Dont think we will have anything like that again at the gate, even the atmosphere and demographic has completely changed since then. 

2 hours ago, Red Shadow said:

Deffo movement when Roberts scored. Plumes of dust bellowed up as well ?

It shook and trembled after Roberts scored the winner again the Monkey hangers so much so that Colin Sexstone had the stand checked out by structural engineers. Their report was satisfactory.

That was the only time I’ve ever experienced the Dolman skate like that thankfully.

14 hours ago, S25loyal said:

Dont think we will have anything like that again at the gate, even the atmosphere and demographic has completely changed since then. 

Indeed, although I don’t give up hope completely. 
Graham Poll wrote in a National newspaper after that Hartlepool match that Ashton Gate was the loudest stadium he’d ever officiated in...and he’d reffed a Champions League semi final at Juventus not long before.

I’ve often thought of that at times when the atmosphere has been particularly dire. Shows what a bit of excitement on the pitch can do.

I really worry if this winless run at home continues.

9 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Indeed, although I don’t give up hope completely. 
Graham Poll wrote in a National newspaper after that Hartlepool match that Ashton Gate was the loudest stadium he’d ever officiated in...and he’d reffed a Champions League semi final at Juventus not long before.

I’ve often thought of that at times when the atmosphere has been particularly dire. Shows what a bit of excitement on the pitch can do.

I really worry if this winless run at home continues.

There was a time when the 16th home game without a win would have resulted in a round of boos that would have made the Dolman wobble a bit…..on Saturday it seemed to be greeted with a collective shrug of the shoulders. 

22 hours ago, Robbored said:

It shook and trembled after Roberts scored the winner again the Monkey hangers so much so that Colin Sexstone had the stand checked out by structural engineers. Their report was satisfactory.

That was the only time I’ve ever experienced the Dolman skate like that thankfully.

I’m not surprised….it really did move, didn’t it? Is it something to do with the construction? 
There seems to be a much bigger void underneath the seats than in most stands. It makes for a nice spacious concourse now, and I assume was built like that to accommodate the bowls originally. (Did you ever bowl there?). 

27 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I’m not surprised….it really did move, didn’t it? Is it something to do with the construction? 
There seems to be a much bigger void underneath the seats than in most stands. It makes for a nice spacious concourse now, and I assume was built like that to accommodate the bowls originally. (Did you ever bowl there?). 

Yep - many years ago tho. Two rinks of three separated by pillars iirc. 

• Like 1