IGNORED

Time for a change

old_eastender

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Drop Martin & Weimann to the bench

Start Wells up front, supported by Scott.

Given we will likely have no HNM, Williams, King or Atkinson:

Bentley

Tanner  Kallas  Baker  Dasilva

Palmer  James  Bakinson  Pring

Scott

Wells

I'd be willing to try that front 2, at least for the first 45.

Not sure I trust Bakinson and Palmer though and would prefer O'Dowda and a hopefully now fit Massengo.

Bakinson should be nowhere near the starting XI, IMO, and surely Massengo is only in contention to start if he was fit enough to be on the bench on Saturday? As he wasn't, I think it might be a big risk to throw him straight in to start.

Pring's a better option wide left, not at LB.  

• Like 1

Just re-read that side. Yes no protection for Tanner definitely.

Bakinson and James, well the latter is fine but I can see depending on how Nottingham Forest setup that being bypassed, outmanouvered whatever.

The left side looks acceptable tactically speaking. Scott behind the striker? Always thought he was a wider player, no real issue with giving Martin a rest though.

3 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Bentley

Scott

Wells

Weimann was absolutely forked at the end on Saturday but still put in more effort then than Martin and Bakinson. Rest all three if we can and let's try some fresh legs and ideas. Wells up front down the middle and keep the ball on the frigging ground for him!

• Robin 1

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Do me a favour Dave, check the Crystal ball for news on Masengo please ?

I sit not far from the dugout and the non playing players sit behind that.

Now, as a bit of a medical expert, I watched a couple episodes of Casualty, I saw Han-Noah on Saturday and watching him walk up the steps, crouching down for a photograph with a young fan, I would say tomorrow may be a bit early but fingers crossed for Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In NP’s interview in the the Sky Sports highlights, he said that some players who haven’t had a chance would have to take it, when it came. This was with a smile, wink, nod nod, so to me, it was a hint we would see a couple of changes on Tuesday. Unfortunately, with Williams and King injured, Martin looking clapped out, possibly HNM not fully fit and Atkinson not fit if he’s been ill and has not trained for a week he’s a bit stuffed. We could see something a bit unexpected and risky. Possibly Vyner in midfield and Palmer playing behind a lone striker. 

• Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, UREDS_91 said:

Bakinson in a two would be suicide. May as well give them the midfield like we did on Saturday. Needs two players to do the running around him. 

At no point should we be playing with just 2 in central midfield in the Championship, regardless of who the 2 are.

1 hour ago, VT05763 said:

At no point should we be playing with just 2 in central midfield in the Championship, regardless of who the 2 are.

Totally agree. Well my view swings on this but I have an underlying, had it for a while, gut feeling that two CMs in the Championship is no longer a basis for success. I would also add 2 CMs plus say Palmer would also fit the bill.

Or put another way, it will only take a side so far.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

6 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Bentley

Scott

Wells

Trolling 

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Totally agree. Well my view swings on this but I have an underlying, had it for a while, gut feeling that two CMs in the Championship is no longer a basis for success. I would also add 2 CMs plus say Palmer would also fit the bill.

Or put another way, it will only take a side so far.

In the minority I am sure on this one but I feel that Palmer could and perhaps should be the forward thinking one of a midfield 3.

2 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

In the minority I am sure on this one but I feel that Palmer could and perhaps should be the forward thinking one of a midfield 3.

Had some good games in the 352 of early 19/20 alongside Brownhill and Massengo.  It didn’t look a natural threesome on paper, but we played neat football….we also had two mobile strikers….Weimann and Afobe.