IGNORED

FREE KIDS TICKETS

Topper 123

We’re getting crowds average 20k so why don’t the club give a couple hundred FREE upper lansdown tickets to each school in our catchment area ,do this for 4/5 home games ,we could easily give away 3000 if a third turn up maybe accompanied by an adult who can get a ticket for £20 surely the club will be on a winner ,would be great to hear and see top of lansdown full .come on city let’s use some Initiative

I’m no marketing expert, but what is the view of:

- is it better to have 20k SC holders at £250 vs

- 12.5k at £400

(I know not all SC are sold at the same price, and some are free)

Would be really good to see a breakdown of SC holders in each pay band in each part of the ground.

It would be interesting to know what the attendances would be if the cheap offers were excluded. I know a few who have only been when they’ve  got £10 tickets in the Dolman and are only going to the Barnsley match because of the mates rates. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’m no marketing expert, but what is the view of:

- is it better to have 20k SC holders at £250 vs

- 12.5k at £400

(I know not all SC are sold at the same price, and some are free)

Would be really good to see a breakdown of SC holders in each pay band in each part of the ground.

I highly doubt we would sell 20k at £250 a pop though, that’s the problem. 

1 hour ago, S25loyal said:

I highly doubt we would sell 20k at £250 a pop though, that’s the problem. 

Yeah, was just generalising that around the same amount of money generated at different prices.

For a more factual comparison:

In 2019 the last full season of watching we sold about 13k SC at generated £3.6m from those sales so an average of £277 per season card.

If if said would we be better off of selling:

- 13k at £277 average (£3.6m) or

- 18k at £200 average (£3.6m)

For info match day revenue was £2.4m.  Some of which will be pay on the day.  Would be interesting to know how many POTD there were in that figure?

Does 18k generate more than £2.4m?  Does less POTD get covered my SC holders spending more.

I don’t know myself.  But I guess that attendances of 22k are generally better than attendances of 18-19k???

What do you reckon?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, was just generalising that around the same amount of money generated at different prices.

For a more factual comparison:

In 2019 the last full season of watching we sold about 13k SC at generated £3.6m from those sales so an average of £277 per season card.

If if said would we be better off of selling:

- 13k at £277 average (£3.6m) or

- 18k at £200 average (£3.6m)

For info match day revenue was £2.4m.  Some of which will be pay on the day.  Would be interesting to know how many POTD there were in that figure?

Does 18k generate more than £2.4m?  Does less POTD get covered my SC holders spending more.

I don’t know myself.  But I guess that attendances of 22k are generally better than attendances of 18-19k???

What do you reckon?

Can’t you knock up a few charts to help us make a decision? 

5 hours ago, Magger1 said:

We’re getting crowds average 20k so why don’t the club give a couple hundred FREE upper lansdown tickets to each school in our catchment area ,do this for 4/5 home games ,we could easily give away 3000 if a third turn up maybe accompanied by an adult who can get a ticket for £20 surely the club will be on a winner ,would be great to hear and see top of lansdown full .come on city let’s use some Initiative

This does happen sporadically. Probably not the best time to try to tempt fans at the moment with our home record. Will put them off for life so counter productive!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1