IGNORED

Twerton Park is a better ground than Ashton Gate...

AshtonGreat

8 minutes ago, adamski said:

If your definition of a 'Better Ground' is one with restricted views, crumbling terraces, a poor playing surface and quality tea...then yes it is, can't argue with that!

Yes, yes, yes ... but can you get a hot dog without leaving the terracing at AG. ;)

51 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Yes, yes, yes ... but can you get a hot dog without leaving the terracing at AG. ;)

Good point…the fact that home fans cannot purchase any comestibles or beverages in full view from the normal seating makes AG a poor stadium..but we do allow the away support to purchase and gain a glimpse from the Landsdown corner… this keeps AG above crap???

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

In the World? 

In the Uk

24 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’ve binned (recycled) my FFT this month, but I actually recall it’s even worse. The Memorial Ground is ranked higher than Ashton Gate.

Apparently based on these five factors…

B0DF1E8E-B45D-4F03-A53D-47AA315BAC34.jpeg

12 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

Ashton gate 78th

Trumpton  76th

Memorial “Go Outdoors” showroom  71st!!!!

Must’ve been compiled by camping enthusiasts.

I didn't see the Mem on there. That is indeed even worse!

15 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

FFT seems to be written by middle class, johnny-come-latelys, who didn't watch football in the 70s/80s. 

"Footie' fans, AKA, w a n k e r s.

James Horncastle and Michael Cox are excellent I reckon. Not sure how they can be classed as you describe them.  Cox’s knowledge is superb. Both seem like really nice guys as well

29 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’ve binned (recycled) my FFT this month, but I actually recall it’s even worse. The Memorial Ground is ranked higher than Ashton Gate.

Apparently based on these five factors…

B0DF1E8E-B45D-4F03-A53D-47AA315BAC34.jpeg

Yet, strangely, I only usually seem to read complimentary things about Ashton Gate from away fans.

Meanwhile other fans seem to routinely take the piss out of the Mem on social media after visiting? 

I can’t really take this list too seriously.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

Ashton gate 76th

Trumpton  75th

Memorial “Go Outdoors” showroom  71st!!!!

Must’ve been compiled by camping enthusiasts.

How the f### can anyone score the Mem as more beautiful, better location, better away end and more history than Ashton Gate? I’d question atmosphere too, but that’s subjective and debateable there’s much at either at present! 

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yet, strangely, I only usually seem to read complimentary things about Ashton Gate from away fans.

Meanwhile other fans seem to routinely take the piss out of the Mem on social media after visiting? 

I can’t really take this list too seriously.

Maybe it was the away end that swung it for them....I mean it does afford plenty of entertainment to the visiting fans seeing the absolute car crash in front of them....

Gloucester Road is probably what pushed them up a bit.  Maybe more amenities in the surrounding area?

Thinking it through Ashton gate must surely be in the top 50 stadiums in the country on any scale. I would be surprised if it's not in the top 30 but I guess it depends on what your looking for.

It's arguably better than maybe half of the prem stadiums. Stadiums like West hams and Leicester's are just shit. Burnley, Palace and Watford have far worse facilities.

3 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Maybe it was the away end that swung it for them....I mean it does afford plenty of entertainment to the visiting fans seeing the absolute car crash in front of them....

Gloucester Road is probably what pushed them up a bit.  Maybe more amenities in the surrounding area?

North Street…..Ashton Court….view of the suspension bridge! Maybe they went on the day they swung the bridge after the final whistle! 

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

How the f### can anyone score the Mem as more beautiful, better location, better away end and more history than Ashton Gate? I’d question atmosphere too, but that’s subjective and debateable there’s much at either at present! 

In fairness the Memorial Stadium has a long history, just not for football. Plenty of pubs around both grounds and a train station within walking distance of both. 

Obviously, unlike the Gas, we don’t pipe crowd noise through the PA and that may have tricked them if they did pay a visit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Thinking it through Ashton gate must surely be in the top 50 stadiums in the country on any scale. I would be surprised if it's not in the top 30 but I guess it depends on what your looking for.

It's arguably better than maybe half of the prem stadiums. Stadiums like West hams and Leicester's are just shit. Burnley, Palace and Watford have far worse facilities.

Strangely, facilities isn’t one of the things they apparently judged it on. No idea why not, they seem pretty fundamental. But the facilities at Ashton Gate are (in my view) some of the best anywhere. Even places like the Etihad, for all that it’s a great stadium, has far worse facilities (concourse, outlets, toilets etc) than Ashton Gate. 

6 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

You’d think that our generosity in dishing out points to all of our guests would work in our favour.