IGNORED

Nottingham Forest at home match day thread

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Tonight will be the night. 3-1 City  Logan Paul Sport GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Straws and grasping come to mind!

Thought I’d see how Sunderland ended their record breaking period (21 games) without a home win, this is what I discovered…

16/12/2017 Sunderland 1-0 Fulham

Sunderland finally claimed their first home victory of 2017 as 18-year-old Josh Maja’s goal was enough to see off Fulham.

The much maligned Black Cats were close to going a whole calendar year without winning in front of their fans, but an inspired doubled substitution from new boss Chris Coleman turned the tide at the Stadium of Light.

Sunderland had not won at home since 17 December 2016, when they beat Watford in the Premier League. There have been signs of improvement since Coleman took over on Wearside and he was desperate to see the 21-match run without a home win – a day short of going a full calendar year without winning on their own turf – come to an end before Christmas.

It appeared they could be frustrated again when good efforts from Lewis Grabban and James Vaughan were saved by Fulham goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli.

But five minutes after being brought on for his senior debut, youngster Maja was an instant hero as he found the net on 77 minutes to finally give Sunderland’s beleaguered fans something to cheer about. It was a tidy finish too from the academy graduate and it was enough to lift Sunderland out of the Championship’s bottom three against a Fulham side which had won three of its previous four games.

So in an instant it became clear to me that tonight is the night we win at home, the coincidences are so very clear and obvious ?

1 It’s before Christmas

2 Improvements under a new manager are evident

3 Our opponents have won three of their previous four games

4 Lewis Grabban is involved tonight as he was then

5 Watford get a mention and recently a hat-trick from Ayman Benarous inspired City’s Under-23s to victory over Watford Under-23s in the Professional Development League 2.

Clearly NP will be aware of all this ? and will have young Ayman on the bench tonight who will be raring to make his debut and will score the winner within five minutes of coming into the game.

Remember, you heard it here first!

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

Straws and grasping come to mind!

Thought I’d see how Sunderland ended their record breaking period (21 games) without a home win, this is what I discovered…

16/12/2017 Sunderland 1-0 Fulham

Sunderland finally claimed their first home victory of 2017 as 18-year-old Josh Maja’s goal was enough to see off Fulham.

The much maligned Black Cats were close to going a whole calendar year without winning in front of their fans, but an inspired doubled substitution from new boss Chris Coleman turned the tide at the Stadium of Light.

Sunderland had not won at home since 17 December 2016, when they beat Watford in the Premier League. There have been signs of improvement since Coleman took over on Wearside and he was desperate to see the 21-match run without a home win – a day short of going a full calendar year without winning on their own turf – come to an end before Christmas.

It appeared they could be frustrated again when good efforts from Lewis Grabban and James Vaughan were saved by Fulham goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli.

But five minutes after being brought on for his senior debut, youngster Maja was an instant hero as he found the net on 77 minutes to finally give Sunderland’s beleaguered fans something to cheer about. It was a tidy finish too from the academy graduate and it was enough to lift Sunderland out of the Championship’s bottom three against a Fulham side which had won three of its previous four games.

So in an instant it became clear to me that tonight is the night we win at home, the coincidences are so very clear and obvious ?

1 It’s before Christmas

2 Improvements under a new manager are evident

3 Our opponents have won three of their previous four games

4 Lewis Grabban is involved tonight as he was then

5 Watford get a mention and recently a hat-trick from Ayman Benarous inspired City’s Under-23s to victory over Watford Under-23s in the Professional Development League 2.

Clearly NP will be aware of all this ? and will have young Ayman on the bench tonight who will be raring to make his debut and will score the winner within five minutes of coming into the game.

Remember, you heard it here first!

Got to go with some hope . Otherwise we would never bother. And it’s going to absolutely piss down. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

This is a truly awful stat!!

16 games

265 days since Jan 2020 when City last won at home!!!!

And to think the all time British record is 21 held by Sunderland  

Thats too close for comfort for me. 

Those Gasheads would have already started frothing at the mouth at us creating that sort of history ?

It really does seem a long time ago, because our last home win was in an empty stadium.

Was it really back in Jan 2020 when we last won in front of an Ashton Gate crowd?

Edited by Slack Bladder
2 hours ago, downendcity said:

There'll be a few hoping your not sitting by them tonight then Ajax ! 

Haha. Don't worry. No curries or beans have been consumed in the past 24 hours.

On the theme of lucky items being brought...I'm bringing my lucky Dad. He's been to AG all of 5 times and has seen 3 home wins and 2 draws.

Edited by ExiledAjax
38 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Apparently NP has a specific challenge for the players tonight, surprisingly it’s not winning! https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/pearson-bristol-city-nottingham-forest-6083620

This team isn’t capable of controlling possession in my opinion. Very rarely seen it since Pearson took over.  Assuming what I mean by controlling possession is the same as everyone else!  Not enough players happy to take the ball in tight spaces and not lose it 

52 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

This team isn’t capable of controlling possession in my opinion. Very rarely seen it since Pearson took over.  Assuming what I mean by controlling possession is the same as everyone else!  Not enough players happy to take the ball in tight spaces and not lose it 

I agree, our ability to look after the ball is abysmal, we not only lose it in tight spaces we also consistently give it away when we have loads of space! 

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Reinforced by this stat, City are not ostensibly a possession-based team, they rank 22nd overall in the Championship.

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

On the theme of lucky items being brought...I'm bringing my lucky Dad. He's been to AG all of 5 times and has seen 3 home wins and 2 draws.

He must have had a Telegram from the Queen then! 

• Haha 2