IGNORED

Nottingham Forest at home match day thread

Heartbreak!...Scott was immense....Otherwise I don't know what to say or think.

But I'll try.

Everyone loves HNM, but we look like conceding when ever he comes on! We were getting done down the flanks the entire second half. Tanner did well but he was constantly in action. But the biggest thing is with half an hour to play we CAN NOT KEEP ANY POSSSESION. stupid passes intercepted constantly, headers in midfield when there is time to bring it down and panic ensues!

• Confused 1
  • Flames 2
3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

That is utter nonsense!

if anything we’ve tried too hard, that lunge from baker is desperation to win. A cool calm head doesn’t make that challenge - also doesn’t put it in the stand on the halfway line when there’s a man to pass to 5 yards away.

The run has got to them massively. Up until 90 minutes we were pretty good tonight, certainly good value for the win. Clearly a desire to win, but mentally it’s a burden.

Dead right I now think it's a mental attitude, its got to the players.  I believe nige has improved us just about everywhere with the poor squad we have apart from the mental side which is down to players on pitch not nige.  The squad is short of quality which nige can change if backed like lj was. 

• Like 3
Just now, JonDolman said:

We should have had a clear pen at 1-0 and we hit the post at 1-0. So maybe we had a bit of bad luck. 

But they should have had a pen too after that. 

The winner was handball. So didn't really get the decisions overall.

But was more impressed with Forest than I was us. Though it is an improvement. We still can't keep the ball very well.

Agreed. It’s not going our way. I thought the lads worked hard. You could see them busting a gut at the death to get back behind the ball.

Wrong decision to put COD up top. don’t understand that. Wells is a well known threat (despite his recent form). 

Home form is crap. Nige has questions to answer but this season was always going to be a huge scrap. Our squad is poor. His hands are tied. Need to stay in the division. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Did **** all, waste of a sub again , brain dead decision from the touch.line. Sit back, lose.

Disagree. COD up front should at this stage of the game be running his nuts off to press. If you leave Wells on who had been doing it all game what would be said 'should have taken hi off for fresh legs' 

That substitution decision was not the problem, however much some people might like to make out it was!

I want to see:

- the Scott penalty shout (Scott didn't seem furious about it not being given but Wiemann and James did) 

- the Baker penalty, Baker seemed furious with the ref suggesting he thinks he got a foot on it (not sure how he would have) or that the Forest player went down (nobody else seemed angry with the ref though suggesting it was a pen). 

- the last goal as Bentley seemed insensed that the handball was not given but other were screaming offside (which they'd often get wrong if they were ball watching though). 

Screams to me of poor game management and individual mistakes again. 

7 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

That is utter nonsense!

if anything we’ve tried too hard, that lunge from baker is desperation to win. A cool calm head doesn’t make that challenge - also doesn’t put it in the stand on the halfway line when there’s a man to pass to 5 yards away.

The run has got to them massively. Up until 90 minutes we were pretty good tonight, certainly good value for the win. Clearly a desire to win, but mentally it’s a burden.

I actually thought Forest comfortably deserved the win. We maybe edged a tight first half and the second half was constant pressure from Forest. They could easily have had an extra penalty and Grabban was clean through but for a very dodgy offside flag. They passed better and pinned us back and eventually the pressure told.

• Like 5
Just now, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Agreed. It’s not going our way. I thought the lads worked hard. You could see them busting a gut at the death to get back behind the ball.

Wrong decision to put COD up top. don’t understand that. Wells is a well known threat (despite his recent form). 

Home form is crap. Nige has questions to answer but this season was always going to be a huge scrap. Our squad is poor. His hands are tied. Need to stay in the division. 

Agreed, been saying that all season on here. Survival is key objective as the club has gone backwards hugely.

6 minutes ago, BcFcOneLove said:

Don't really get this argument, as we have made £60m+ profit on players over the last few years and are the 6th most supported club in the championship this season.... We're not exactly skint!

We’ve spent money in that time too and had massive wage bill sucking money out of the club! Also there was a little thing called Covid which proper hit our finances!

• Like 2