IGNORED

Nottingham Forest at home match day thread

5 minutes ago, red colin said:

Dead right I now think it's a mental attitude, its got to the players.  I believe nige has improved us just about everywhere with the poor squad we have apart from the mental side which is down to players on pitch not nige.  The squad is short of quality which nige can change if backed like lj was. 

You dont think pearson is setting us up to try and waste time, kill the game and and play hoof ball to play percentages?

13 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Nearly a year of this nigel pearson crap,,, cant keep possession, game plan involves kicking it long and see if theres a rebound or mistake. Absolutely pathetic!

Yes because that’s totally our game plan, we’ve never countered at speed, never looked to get Tanner and Pring/Dasilva wide. Be angry, be gutted, but this is not a long ball team.

Pearson has to take responsibility for the continuous lack of game management , 7 points dropped at home from winning positions all in extra time is inexcusable,to be in mid October and still looking for your first home win is so poor , Football style is terrible long balls to a immobile and over played Martin is awful to watch . Unbalanced squad, led by a manager past his best! 

5 minutes ago, red colin said:

Dead right I now think it's a mental attitude, its got to the players.  I believe nige has improved us just about everywhere with the poor squad we have apart from the mental side which is down to players on pitch not nige.  The squad is short of quality which nige can change if backed like lj was. 

It's partly mental but that squad aren't as fit as they should be. Both Saturday and tonight too many players were slow & exhausted by 80 mins - Baker threw himself in because he didn't have the legs.

Get them fit for 100 minutes rather than 80 and we'll have a better chance.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Nigel's remit this season is to keep us up. Like it or lump it, that is clearly our aim and to rebuild the finances

You're right. Unfortunately if you don't win home games, neither will happen.

We allow duff managers to piss money up the wall, then finally appoint someone that can actually do it and he hasn't got a pot to piss in. Stupid, just stupid.

• Like 12
19 minutes ago, BcFcOneLove said:

Don't really get this argument, as we have made £60m+ profit on players over the last few years and are the 6th most supported club in the championship this season.... We're not exactly skint!

I've lost count of how many times this has been explained. Here is the latest thread:

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/214252-ffp-or-not-prepared-to-spend-the-actual-stats/

Edited by chinapig

I think we had less then 5 touches inside their box the whole game. Wow. Like really for a premier league class manager and an at least average set of championship players that is awful. Couldn’t get the ball on the floor in their half, lost it constantly, bad communication, always half the speed of the opponents, sadly it screams a relegation bound team. Not saying we will get relegated but if we keep performing like that we will be. 
On the verge of Pearson out already. 
What fun it is to be a city fan.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
4 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Jesus... 

Ref was crap, thought we played well against probably one of the in form teams in the country.

Scott was a revelation, Wells, James, Baker and Kalas looked good.

A stupid mistake against Luton and one tonight have cost us. Silly errors no doubt Nige will get these out of us.

A game that could've gone either way, sadly it didn't go ours, but even then, I did enjoy it.

That team cares and runs and fights. Its a very young team, nieve in fact, but we are not a million miles off. We just don't have the options up front.

Breathe everyone. Remember our result against QPR, sometimes it does and will go our way.

You cannot call a team with Weimann, Wells and Martin as our attacking options as very young.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

You wanted Pearson the same as many others. 

Sorry - you've got the wrong end of the stick. I did indeed want Pearson and think Pearson is doing an ok job in the circumstances. No money and a substandard squad. Amazed we are doing as well as we are. He's rescuing the shambles that LJ & Ashton left us.

Pearson, GJ and Cotts are the only decent managerial appointments Lansdown has made...and Cotts was that other chap's suggestion. For all his money Lansdown has made a right bags of much of the past 20 years! 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2
1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

You dont think pearson is setting us up to try and waste time, kill the game and and play hoof ball to play percentages?

I think one follows the other. Ultimately Pearson is trying to grind out a win in a team that we know currently panics at the last minute. 

I think that, once again, we dropped too deep and subbed too many attacking outlets. But I also don't know whether I think we dropped too deep because we subbed too many attacking outlets or Pearson subbed the attackers because he had spotted that - whether or not it was his instruction - the team were instinctively panicking and dropping deep.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Before tonight, how many last min goals have we conceded in the league? Two? Terribly crap and disappointing but hardly worthy of Groundhog Day status in the context of the number of games we’ve played so far - we are, however, charging towards Sunderland’s record of home games without a win ... ??

We’ve conceded in the final minutes of three from seven home games (Blackpool, Luton and tonight) so basically ever second home game.

Might not be Groundhog Day but feels pretty close.

Admittedly our away from is much better and is keeping us competitive, but we also don’t sit back half as much, even on leads or when drawing there.

As I mentioned; I’d prefer we try and play more expansive at home, even if we end up losing by more, as at this point ‘holding on’ isn’t working.

Edited by samo II
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Jesus... 

Ref was crap, thought we played well against probably one of the in form teams in the country.

Scott was a revelation, Wells, James, Baker and Kalas looked good.

A stupid mistake against Luton and one tonight have cost us. Silly errors no doubt Nige will get these out of us.

A game that could've gone either way, sadly it didn't go ours, but even then, I did enjoy it.

That team cares and runs and fights. Its been years since i thought that. Its a very young team, nieve in fact, but we are not a million miles off. We just don't have the options up front.

Breathe everyone. Remember our result against QPR, sometimes it does and will go our way.

Finally a bit of sanity. We were all right tonight and a lot of positives. Was a good game to watch. HNM looked good. Some panicky play at end when if we had confidence we would have held onto ball. 

• Like 1