IGNORED

Nottingham Forest at home match day thread

3 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

You're right. Unfortunately if you don't win home games, neither will happen.

We allow duff managers to piss money up the wall, then finally appoint someone that can actually do it and he hasn't got a pot to piss in. Stupid, just stupid.

Post of the night for me!

If he gets half the support Johnson did we will do very well indeed!

• Like 7
1 minute ago, lukebcfc1989 said:

I think the stadium may play apart, it’s no Wembley don’t get me wrong but I get the feeling away teams and supporters really enjoy coming here, the poor record goes back to when Cotterill was in charge.

Even when we finished rock bottom in the Championship our home record was reasonable ?

We aren’t good enough to be offering travelling teams 5* hospitality.

Team before ground should always be the way…

e.g Brentford and Bournemouth.

Or if you get the ground make sure you get the fkn team… E.g Brighton

We we’re never going to get it right?‍♂️ The Bristol way

No way. The stadium is nice but there are many nice grounds in this league 

We need (somehow) to get 3 or 4 up against someone truly dreadful. Isn’t that 16 points from 18 for Forest? We’re not get the rub of the green (looked like blatant handball and possibly offside for the winner), but mentally we’re making it tough for ourselves. As others have mentioned, some of the hoofing and heading second half was so wasteful, we have to be calm enough to hang onto the ball, at least a bit.

In lots of ways I thought we looked okay. 3 at the back and wing backs worked alright and thought James, Wells and Scott all had decent games. All the substitutions made us worse I thought, but also thought all understandable given tiring players. Still not convinced by Bents as captain, doesn’t scream ‘cool head in a crisis’, would prefer James, but maybe he hates the idea. 

Oh well, back on the road for some respite and a demolition of the Baggies. 

Edited by The Swan and Cemetery
Just now, samo II said:

We’ve conceded in the final minutes of three from seven home games (Blackpool, Luton and tonight) so basically ever second home game.

Might not be Groundhog Day but feels pretty close.

Admittedly our away from is much better and is keeping us competitive, but we also don’t sit back half as much, even on leads or when drawing there.

As I mentioned; I’d prefer we try and play more expansive at home, even if we end up losing by more, as at this point ‘holding on’ isn’t working.

Apologies, I didn’t realise you were only talking about home games - football seasons tend to include a fair amount of away games too so I was looking at the season as a whole ... keep the faith! ?✌️?

• Robin 1
2 minutes ago, RedsTilliDie said:

I think we had less then 5 touches inside their box the whole game. Wow. Like really for a premier league class manager and an at least average set of championship players that is awful. Couldn’t get the ball on the floor in their half, lost it constantly, bad communication, always half the speed of the opponents, sadly it screams a relegation bound team. Not saying we will get relegated but if we keep performing like that we will be. 
On the verge of Pearson out already. 
What fun it is to be a city fan.

Nope we had plenty of touches in their box and several very good chances. Scott and DaSilva in the first half, Wells second. Another day and we could have been 2 up and cruising. That said I think they were are always going to have to score 2 to win at home. That 90th minute onwards is in the players heads now.

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Sorry - you've got the wrong end of the stick. I did indeed want Pearson and think Pearson is doing an ok job in the circumstances. No money and a substandard squad. Amazed we are doing as well as we are. He's rescuing the shambles that LJ & Ashton left us.

Pearson, GJ and Cotts are the only decent managerial appointments Lansdown has made...and Cotts was that other chap's suggestion. For all his money Lansdown has made a right bags of much of the past 20 years! 

Correct. He’s dealing with legacy of Johnson and Holden. He needs at the very least another year to sort this ******* shit out. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Having watched highlights…

- Scott is a pen (see below)

- Wells shot onto post definitely saved 

- Definitely pen for Forest

- Taylor not offside

- Taylor definitely handball

So, I reckon of 5 decisions 2 are right (the ones Forests way) and 3 are wrong (the ones our way). That’s not bitter, that’s madness.

7919C3A1-F595-4ADD-984C-BB00730E11F7.png

270FB730-4604-46E0-8115-7FEDC3F00534.png

James clattered their player and they should have had a penalty for that 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, RedsTilliDie said:

I think we had less then 5 touches inside their box the whole game. Wow. Like really for a premier league class manager and an at least average set of championship players that is awful. Couldn’t get the ball on the floor in their half, lost it constantly, bad communication, always half the speed of the opponents, sadly it screams a relegation bound team. Not saying we will get relegated but if we keep performing like that we will be. 
On the verge of Pearson out already. 
What fun it is to be a city fan.

We had approximately 697 touches in the box in one chance alone in the first half when everyone passed it to each other rather than shooting...

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

- Taylor not offside

So, I reckon of 5 decisions 2 are right (the ones Forests way) and 3 are wrong (the ones our way). That’s not bitter, that’s madness.

Taylor was well onside...

Scott not sure if dive or pen, more likely the latter but definitely nowhere near the ball Mr Martin

Just now, The Swan and Cemetery said:

We need (somehow) to get 3 or 4 up against someone truly dreadful. Isn’t that 16 points from 18 for Forest? We’re not get the rub of the green (looked like blatant handball and possibly offside for the winner), but mentally we’re making it tough for ourselves. As others have mentioned, some of the hoofing and heading second half was so wasteful, we have to be calm enough to hang onto the ball, at least a bit.

In lots of ways I thought we looked okay. 3 at the back and wing backs worked alright and thought James, Wells and Scott all had decent games. All the substitutions made us worse I thought, but also thought all understandable given tiring players. Still not convinced by Bents as captain, doesn’t scream ‘cool head in a crisis’, would prefer James, but maybe he hates the idea. 

Oh well, back on the road for some respite and a demolition on the Baggies. 

And there's our problem. We just dont have the depth. Martin is knackered, Wells (and I'm a huge critic) ran his socks off, we have no-one else.

Cabt see this team getting relegated. Blood the youngsters this season, I'm looking at next season. 

29 minutes ago, pillred said:

Sack Pearson there I have said it he has to go.

It's predictable shit like this, that is almost as bad as what's just happened on the pitch. Get a grip ffs. Embarrassing. 

Losing when 1 up in 90 mins is unacceptable, but you want him gone? Pathetic. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

- Taylor not offside

Just a shit ref…..I noticed that Pearson was just waiting on the touch line at the end of the game looking ready to explode, I’m guessing for the ref to come over and then launch. Robins TV cut away unfortunately for a yoghurt advert so we never got to see… For anyone at the game, did Nige have a pop?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Does not matter now, but just gutting again seeing our pen not given, and their player almost punching it in the net. It’s almost freakish now.

How that isn’t a handball is between god and that lineman because it clearly is a handball. As you say; doesn’t matter now, but that’s as bad a decision as we’ll see all season at a terrible time. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Hocca said:

It’s too many very young players mixed with old players , not enough 24-28 year olds in midfield and attack in their prime starting week in week out, bad mix.

Give it a few years. I know what you're saying, its frustrating, but we have a model of selling Brownhill, Reid, Webster, Bryan, Kelly etc...

I think those times and the mindset is changing, I hope so tbh, I look at the contracts being given out now, I'm hoping these youngsters will now be around for their mid 20s and without Ashton its not sell sell sell.

Right. I now have a pint (in the Sugars, bottom of Christmas Steps), and my slightly more considered view is....

No one was shit this evening, we deserved to go in 1 up at half time, and we were competitive for the huge majority of the match.

The ref and his mate dropped a couple of absolute howlers which changed the game.

The timing of the Forest goals makes this a more difficult pill to swallow, but I can honesty say that for a side without superstars or any real playing identity, we are becoming more difficult to beat.

Am I worried that we haven't won at home in 17 games? Yes. I am. 

Do I think we will win soon? Yes. I do.

Game management needs attention, but tonight - for me - the desire and tempo we never got on Saturday was back. 

Reasonably good performance, very average officials and a hard defeat to accept.

• Like 10