IGNORED

Nottingham Forest at home match day thread

1 minute ago, Akira said:

It's predictable shit like this, that is almost as bad as what's just happened on the pitch. Get a grip ffs. Embarrassing. 

Losing when 1 up in 90 mins is unacceptable, but you want him gone? Pathetic. 

Plenty of managers have lost their job with better records than him, how you can be happy with what's going on at the moment is beyond me fair play you must be very easily pleased.

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Having watched highlights…

- Scott is a pen (see below)

- Wells shot onto post definitely saved 

- Definitely pen for Forest

- Taylor not offside

- Taylor definitely handball

So, I reckon of 5 decisions 2 are right (the ones Forests way) and 3 are wrong (the ones our way). That’s not bitter, that’s madness.

7919C3A1-F595-4ADD-984C-BB00730E11F7.png

270FB730-4604-46E0-8115-7FEDC3F00534.png

Yeah, the Scott penalty is a stonewaller, ankles clipped and defender nowhere near the ball.

Taylor somehow allowed to catch the ball with his arm to control it.

Madness

This team is predominantly Lee Johnson's and Dean Holden's team, and looked what happened to them, sacked.

Nige ain't perfect but he's a damn sight better than those two. No other manager could get a tune out of these misfits.

Our best players this year and who seem to still be progressing have been the young players coming through - Pring, Massengo, Scott and Tanner. That says it all about this team. (Forgot Atkinson!)

Other teams in this league would not be clambering to take players off our hands, I wonder why? Not good enough.

A lot of them are not good enough for what we need right now. Not enough quality, not strong enough mentally and physically not up to the task. Once things don't go their way they revert to type and it's same old story Bristol City.

Edited by ProfitInMyPocket
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

And there's our problem. We just dont have the depth. Martin is knackered, Wells (and I'm a huge critic) ran his socks off, we have no-one else.

Cabt see this team getting relegated. Blood the youngsters this season, I'm looking at next season. 

Fundamentally this is it in a nutshell. I don't blame the club at all for not buying attacking players over the summer - if the right players weren't available and affordable then I'd rather we bought nobody than signed for the sake of it - but the reality is that our attacking options are incredibly limited. I'd like to see Conway get a chance once he's fit again, I'd like to see Bell play a bit more and - for pace alone - I'm anxious for Semenyo to return to fitness but I'm not expecting miracles from any of those players and, as it stands, we're hamstrung by a lack of creative players and a lack of attacking quality.

I think we've made good signings in Atkinson and Tanner. I think James is decent too so I've no issue with the signings we've made but there is lot of quality that needs to come in for us to play well. 

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Nope, as I said, we don't have options up front.

As long as weimann and Martin are our forward players we are going to have problems. Weimann Is a recurring issue he is not a problem to opposition he runs and has effort but

Not a problem for defenders i just keep thinking the same thing year after year.he has the odd game yes but sorry just never done it for me.he just fills a hole .

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

Plenty of managers have lost their job with better records than him, how you can be happy with what's going on at the moment is beyond me fair play you must be very easily pleased.

No I just see the bigger picture and the rebuild, not sack a manager every 5 mins and expect instant results….. I asked you after Bournemouth what would you do differently? Still waiting for a sensible and rationale answer…..

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Not going to fault the players tonight. Sometimes we are not good enough as we all know. But I’m gutted for the players tonight. And the fans

I largely agree with this with two caveats.

1) I am going to fault Baker for the penalty. Mistakes happen but, for a senior player to make that sort of challenge late on was undoubtedly a mistake.

2) We did not react at all well to the goal going in. It was probably a handball but we shouldn't have been that easy to penetrate immediately after conceding.

Nonetheless I'm gutted for the players. They worked hard and did well for 90-odd minutes only to throw it away in a minute of ridiculousness. 

• Like 5
Just now, red colin said:

As long as weimann and Martin are our forward players we are going to have problems. Weimann Is a recurring issue he is not a problem to opposition he runs and has effort but

Not a problem for defenders i just keep thinking the same thing year after year.he has the odd game yes but sorry just never done it for me.he just fills a hole .

I totally agree. Martin is ageing and one dimensional with no pace. Wells is hit and miss, I criticised his effort last season so jury is out. Weimann is not a striker. So I agree. We need at least two strikers to be even close to competing for top ten.

Is there a Premier league loan we can take in Jan? Hopefully we have our targets... I would be confident Nige knows we need strikers and arguably a tricky winger or two.

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Fundamentally this is it in a nutshell. I don't blame the club at all for not buying attacking players over the summer - if the right players weren't available and affordable then I'd rather we bought nobody than signed for the sake of it - but the reality is that our attacking options are incredibly limited. I'd like to see Conway get a chance once he's fit again, I'd like to see Bell play a bit more and - for pace alone - I'm anxious for Semenyo to return to fitness but I'm not expecting miracles from any of those players and, as it stands, we're hamstrung by a lack of creative players and a lack of attacking quality.

I think we've made good signings in Atkinson and Tanner. I think James is decent too so I've no issue with the signings we've made but there is lot of quality that needs to come in for us to play well. 

I go along with that. This is a season of rebuilding, and with some half decent performances seasons like that can be enjoyable. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory at home week-in, week-out tests the patience though! 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, pillred said:

For me, it's not about being happy. It's about pragmatism. I honestly don't see what we gain by abandoning a rebuild half way through and tearing up the plans again. If I thought we'd gain anything by changing a manager, I'd be quite happy for us to do it. But I really don't think we'd gain anything at all. 

• Like 4
On 18/10/2021 at 14:32, headhunter said:

Is that the area that needs most strengthening then in the January window?

14 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Nope we had plenty of touches in their box and several very good chances. Scott and DaSilva in the first half, Wells second. Another day and we could have been 2 up and cruising. That said I think they were are always going to have to score 2 to win at home. That 90th minute onwards is in the players heads now.

We had 2 shots on target one of which was the goal.

We had 1 corner.

We had 33% of the possession.

Fans need to stop deluding themselves.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

I go along with that. This is a season of rebuilding, and with some half decent performances seasons like that can be enjoyable. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory at home week-in, week-out tests the patience though! 

It really does. I'm as frustrated as Hell after tonight. I just think we have to be realistic about where we are at the moment.