IGNORED

Nottingham Forest at home match day thread

23 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Oh **** off you absolute bell end. 

Fordy he might be a bell end but things are looking grim. 

Our away wins will dry up and then what? We are being outplayed home and away,it's hard to see where the next win is coming from.

I for one am worried that the early points away from home will be needed at the end of the season.

Hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel.

5 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

This team is predominantly Lee Johnson's and Dean Holden's team, and looked what happened to them, sacked.

Nige ain't perfect but he's a damn sight better than those two. No other manager could get a tune out of these misfits.

Our best players this year and who seem to still be progressing have been the young players coming through - Pring, Massengo, Scott and Tanner. That says it all about this team. 

Other teams in this league would not be clambering to take players off our hands, I wonder why? Not good enough.

A lot of them are not good enough for what we need right now. Not enough quality, not strong enough mentally and physically not up to the task. Once things don't go their way they revert to type and it's same old story Bristol City.

we can’t keep making excuses for the manager, Atkinson, james, tanner, baker, simpson, king are his signings, arguably our best players this season are massengo, kalas and bentley, blame johnson for them! pring and scott were already here.

itstime he shaped up or out

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I largely agree with this with two caveats.

1) I am going to fault Baker for the penalty. Mistakes happen but, for a senior player to make that sort of challenge late on was undoubtedly a mistake.

2) We did not react at all well to the goal going in. It was probably a handball but we shouldn't have been that easy to penetrate immediately after conceding.

Nonetheless I'm gutted for the players. They worked hard and did well for 90-odd minutes only to throw it away in a minute of ridiculousness. 

Totally agree 100%. 

How anyone can criticise Nahki Wells tonight just has an agenda.

Played on the shoulder, lovely timed runs in-behind, shot on sight which led to our goal, a post-hit, and a great effort from distance. Also held it and rarely gave it away.

We should invest in him. He cost us £5m and we rarely use him wisely and when we do he always looks sharp and a threat. Its the lack of players around him to get the best out of him thats the issue.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1
Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

The ‘original’ ones are best - accidentally picked up some that were ‘flavoured with red leicester’ recently - cheesier than Ghandi’s sandals ... ??

I have a fondness for (unsurprisingly), all of them. And, seeing as you didn't ask, here is my order of preference.

Branston Pickle.

Barbecue

Original 

Red Leicester.

• Flames 1
1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

Played on the shoulder, lovely timed runs in-behind, shot on sight which led to our goal, a post-hit, and a great effort from distance. Also held it and rarely gave it away.

We should invest in him. He cost us £5m and we rarely use him wisely and when we do he always looks sharp and a threat. Its the lack of players around him to get the best out of him thats the issue.

Indeed he was man of the match for us tonight for me…. Although I thought we paid £3m for him

Just watched your highlights and what the **** is Nathan Baker doing there? He’d be out my 18 next game for the decision to dive in there like that in the 90th minute, it’s inexcusable. Any manager that has this home record has to have questions asked of them no matter what the context or the results they’re getting on the road. But if you’re 1-0 up in the 90th minute and end up losing 2-1, the players on the pitch at the time are the big problem 

Can’t really tell whether the Scott penalty shout was or not with the angles they give but instinctively the reaction of the Notts player suggests it was. Also can’t tell if it’s handball or shoulder for the winner. This is why I can never get on board with VAR bashing, for all the issues with it, it would most likely, though not definitely, clear those two key incidents up

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

This team is predominantly Lee Johnson's and Dean Holden's team, and looked what happened to them, sacked.

Nige ain't perfect but he's a damn sight better than those two. No other manager could get a tune out of these misfits.

Our best players this year and who seem to still be progressing have been the young players coming through - Pring, Massengo, Scott and Tanner. That says it all about this team. 

Other teams in this league would not be clambering to take players off our hands, I wonder why? Not good enough.

A lot of them are not good enough for what we need right now. Not enough quality, not strong enough mentally and physically not up to the task. Once things don't go their way they revert to type and it's same old story Bristol City.

To be fair, tanner atkinson and james are his, and he sanctioned the new contracts for weimann and baker, so thats 5/11 of tonights team.

• Like 1

The result was bad, more alarming was our inability to pass/head to another red shirt and our ‘hit and hope’ long ball tactics. We are also nowhere near the level of fitness, strength, speed required. There’s no pattern, no partnerships. 

This is a reversion back to the worst of the 2020/21 season. 

Worrying. The basics should be in place by now. You don’t need top Championship ‘stars’ to get those basics sorted.

Over to you Nige. 

19 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

And there's our problem. We just dont have the depth. Martin is knackered, Wells (and I'm a huge critic) ran his socks off, we have no-one else.

Cabt see this team getting relegated. Blood the youngsters this season, I'm looking at next season. 

Looking forward to Conway getting fit, but could definitely do with another out and out striker. We can’t afford a 20 goals a season type, but maybe someone who can cause defences problems and hold the ball up, even as back up would be welcome. 

4 minutes ago, frenchred said:

we can’t keep making excuses for the manager, Atkinson, james, tanner, baker, simpson, king are his signings, arguably our best players this season are massengo, kalas and bentley, blame johnson for them! pring and scott were already here.

itstime he shaped up or out

LJ or Holden never used Pring or Scott, its NP who is bringing through the youngsters and actually playing them. 

We have been awful at home since Cotterill left, this isn't a now issue thats popped up out of the blue, this has been building up for years. 

• Like 1

It’s unbearable to watch at home, it really is.

I cannot believe how bad we are in possession.

These are all professional footballers at a great level and yet we cannot retain possession.

There are so many bad footballers when in possession. How have we amassed this squad?

Tanner and Atkinson look good additions but what Aston left is awful.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Fordy he might be a bell end but things are looking grim. 

Our away wins will dry up and then what? We are being outplayed home and away,it's hard to see where the next win is coming from.

I for one am worried that the early points away from home will be needed at the end of the season.

Hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel.

oh, I see it a completely different way. I think we’re better. Today was hard luck, but generally I think we’ve looked stronger than we did last season. 

I think everyone largely agreed that we’d be happy to avoid relegation this season while the reshape took place, well… we’re comfortably mid table. 

I still think the future looks good. The home win will come, mark my words. 

• Like 8

It’s possible to be completely pissed off and supportive of Pearson and Landsdown. I know it is because really I am. Imagine what it must be like running a business with a £65m annual wage bill and literally no paying customers for 18 months. Nige inherited a big squad of largely crocked players and an inevitable instruction to trim the outgoings by at least £20m pa. And if you want to know what it’s like being a well supported, city side with pedigree but no sugar daddy chairman, the fans of Sheffield W, Ipswich, Sunderland and others will tell you all about it. Utterly crap result, crap game, crap evening, but there’s dignity in taking it on the chin and realising that while things could be better, they could and possibly should be a whole lot worse.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1
27 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

I presume 1970 is the year you were born? If you supported city through the 80s like me, this is an absolute fantasy world we are living in now.

1970 is not the year I was born. Luckily I was born quite a few years earlier and had the pleasure of watching City in the top flight for 4 years. City had a team to be proud of then. Players with heart and aggression, something we have not got now. This is far from a fantasy world we are living in now.

5 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Wasted here.

We simply cannot play attacking football.

You could bring in any manager you wanted but the shit left behind by Ashton, compounded by Steve going into money saving mode, would fail in the same way.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

To be fair, tanner atkinson and james are his, and he sanctioned the new contracts for weimann and baker, so thats 5/11 of tonights team.

If he had the backing to sign more of what he wanted I'd doubt Weimann and Baker would be here. and 5/11 isn't 11/11 or what about a squad of players he wants. He wouldn't have let Baker go in the first place if he was given the funds. 

22 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Just a shit ref…..I noticed that Pearson was just waiting on the touch line at the end of the game looking ready to explode, I’m guessing for the ref to come over and then launch. Robins TV cut away unfortunately for a yoghurt advert so we never got to see… For anyone at the game, did Nige have a pop?

Nige needs spend less time having a pop and more time coaching perhaps.