IGNORED

Nottingham Forest at home match day thread

Yes, we surrendered etc etc. But the referee tonight. What a clown. Clear pen denied us, yes clear and a handball for their winner. Clear again.

Not making excuses, just stating the fact that the ref has had a Weston Super.

All plain to see on Skysports highlights too.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, lenred said:

We are all narced about the home record but it will come. We have fighting spirit otherwise we wouldn’t have won at Peterborough, Cardiff and QPR. We are just a bit ****** players wise at the moment.  This season was always going to suck a bit as a result. But we have people in charge who know what they are doing and I have confidence that given time they will build a decent team. Meanwhile as long as we remain away from the relegation zone this season I don’t care whether the points come at home or away. But a home win would be very nice and I reckon itll come v Barnsley.  

Once we get over the line, it will change. Keep the faith 

1 minute ago, VT05763 said:

Totally disagree. Very decent squad for this division, quality players in nearly every position and the manager was allowed to dispense with the ones he didn't want.

There is a lot wrong currently and this is only going to go one way - IMO

We've had a lot of the same players for a while now. And look where we are going like you've mentioned, on our way down.

I look at every other team we play in the league and I would much rather have a lot of their players then the majority of our starters, especially in forward areas. I'd much rather have Wilbraham up top then the strikers we have now, and that says a lot.

4 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Totally disagree. Very decent squad for this division, quality players in nearly every position and the manager was allowed to dispense with the ones he didn't want.

There is a lot wrong currently and this is only going to go one way - IMO

Quality in every⁹ position??? Um forwards um midfield are you sure.

1 minute ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

We've had a lot of the same players for a while now. And look where we are going like you've mentioned, on our way down.

I look at every other team we play in the league and I would much rather have a lot of their players then the majority of our starters, especially in forward areas. I'd much rather have Wilbraham up top then the strikers we have now, and that says a lot.

Personally I would focusing elsewhere and not on the ability of the players.

10 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

I thought we played well tonight. We won nearly every long ball header and managed to pick up the second balls well. We Finally played a formation that suits.  I would have made the same subs,  odowda to stretch the defence with his fresh legs was the right thing to do.   Massengo should have called for the pass but baker panicked and lumped it out and the rest is history.  Baker had to attempt a challenge but it was a tired poor one   We are just mentally weak 

We sat back against an average side. Yeah brilliant. For the majority we defended solidly.

We were at HOME!

• Like 1

Absolutely, the quality of the players in our squad compared to others in this division is very decent. The coaching on the other hand ...........

Bollocks. Not being able to pass a football or not being able to move into the right spaces to receive it  is down to lack of quality and know how. Makes coaching bloody hard work at that level.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Nige needs spend less time having a pop and more time coaching perhaps.

I think you’ll find that he rarely speaks to referees at least not publicly.  Can’t coach against a stupid pen given away by someone who until that point was arguably our MoM, and then everyone going to sleep leaving Taylor free to hit the ball with whatever appendage he liked…

2 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

We sat back against an average side. Yeah brilliant. For the majority we defended solidly.

We were at HOME!

No, we attacked more than we have done in the last 10 home games … Scott missed an open goal and we should have had a pen. We could have won that 3-0   We haven’t looked like winning 3-0 at home for bloody ages so for me we played well    Forest have won the last 3 so they are hardly mugs.   Tonight is really frustrating but I’ve seen a lot of positives over the 90 mins

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

The highlights vid is up

Taylor pretty much caught the ball off Bentleys save.

It is what it is I guess.

Maybe a centreback play s up front next game - Martin needs a couple of weeks off - he is spent.

Well worth getting up at 5 am for this ?

Absolutely shocking refereeing. I don't care how bad we were at the end. That goal is handball, and how he never gave the penalty on Scott is also astounding.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Yes, we surrendered etc etc. But the referee tonight. What a clown. Clear pen denied us, yes clear and a handball for their winner. Clear again.

Not making excuses, just stating the fact that the ref has had a Weston Super.

All plain to see on Skysports highlights too.

Absolutely if and with us it’s always a big if we score the penalty it’s 2-0 and a totally different game then maybe we’d have looked more comfortable 

• Like 1

Yes, for this division.

For example Wells scored for fun at QPR comes to us and ...........  why ?

Wells agreed is decent in a team that dominates midfield and creates lots of chances whichee don't have so he is almost redundant, we have  few decent players but no real quality in most positions as you say, all about opinions. 

19 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

You said you don’t understand what people expect this season.

Well, we all expect to win some games at home this season. If we go on like this until May, we will probably be relegated.

My point is that if the bottom 3 can win games at home, why can’t we ?

If we go on like this until the end of the season, we’ll have amassed 46 points away from home and definitely won’t be relegated.

And the bottom 3 are the bottom 3 because they’ve done far less well away.

Yes, the home form is crap, but why are judging our entire season’s performance just on matches at Ashton Gate? The fact is we have a mid-table squad and we are in mid-table. Let‘s at least strive for some balance by assessing all our games, rather than just half of them, when making predictions about the rest of the season.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

No, we attacked more than we have done in the last 10 home games … Scott missed an open goal and we should have had a pen. We could have won that 3-0   We haven’t looked like winning 3-0 at home for bloody ages so for me we played well    Forest have won the last 3 so they are hardly mugs.   Tonight is really frustrating but I’ve seen a lot of positives over the 90 mins

Correct, Bentley was hardly tested

37 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

We had 2 shots on target one of which was the goal.

We had 1 corner.

We had 33% of the possession.

Fans need to stop deluding themselves.

So Scott, Dasilva and Wells did not have great chances, nothing delusional about those. Possession wise you are right, we’re not yet a possession based team, playing a counter attack style at home is not great, but I don’t think we’ve got the players to do anything but just yet. We definitely need a Wilbraham-style back to goal and hold it up player.

7 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

The highlights vid is up

Taylor pretty much caught the ball off Bentleys save.

It is what it is I guess.

Maybe a centreback play s up front next game - Martin needs a couple of weeks off - he is spent.

Well worth getting up at 5 am for this ?

Foul on Scott was a clear penalty too. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Really?

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1