IGNORED

Nottingham Forest at home match day thread

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If we go on like this until the end of the season, we’ll have amassed 46 points away from home and definitely won’t be relegated.

And the bottom 3 are the bottom 3 because they’ve done far less well away.

Yes, the home form is crap, but why are judging our entire season’s performance just on matches at Ashton Gate? The fact is we have a mid-table squad and we are in mid-table. Let‘s at least strive for some balance by assessing all our games, rather than just half of them, when making predictions about the rest of the season.

Playing well away isn't exactly going to appease fans who pay a small fortune to attend AG week in, week out. At the moment, it's a poor product. Whether that's Pearson's, Ashton's, Lansdown's or Johnson's dog's fault, it's still a poor product.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Correct, Bentley was hardly tested

I mean, if our home form was not so crap, how would we have looked at today? We played deep at 1-0, actually restricted them to very little chances wise even so, and still carried a real threat of getting a second which we were unlucky not to get. As we all know with only a one goal lead there is always the danger. The issue was at 1-1 our heads then went allowing their player to catch it before scoring the winner.

Deserved more from the ref overall, and it’s now a mental block as much as anything. Just a bloody sickening result.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

The highlights vid is up

Taylor pretty much caught the ball off Bentleys save.

It is what it is I guess.

Maybe a centreback play s up front next game - Martin needs a couple of weeks off - he is spent.

Well worth getting up at 5 am for this ?

Still better than the 30 minute walk TO and the 30 minutes walk FROM The Gate in the pissing rain. Soaked on the way, soaked during the game, and soaked on the way back.

Football, what's not to love?

Edited by AppyDAZE
4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If we go on like this until the end of the season, we’ll have amassed 46 points away from home and definitely won’t be relegated.

And the bottom 3 are the bottom 3 because they’ve done far less well away.

Yes, the home form is crap, but why are judging our entire season’s performance just on matches at Ashton Gate? The fact is we have a mid-table squad and we are in mid-table. Let‘s at least strive for some balance by assessing all our games, rather than just half of them, when making predictions about the rest of the season.

If our record was reversed and we’d been winning most of our home games and losing most away, the frustration and anger would be much less even though we’d be on exactly the same points! 

Might not be a bad thing that we’re mid table but with players and coaching staff feeling under pressure, rather than feeling comfortable that we’re achieving ‘par’ in terms of league position.....

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Change the whole pre match routine- as now it’s  the same tunes, videos, Downsy  etc, it’s de ja vue

Freshen it up, might make a difference - might sound a bit leftfield, but this little bit of change might help change the mentality slightly enough just to get the win 

If it in our heads then it’s definitely in the player’s. Time for the sports psychologists to get involved and look to see what can be changed to affect the thinking…

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I mean, if our home form was not so crap, how would we have looked at today? We played deep at 1-0, actually restricted them to very little chances wise even so, and still carried a real threat of getting a second which we were unlucky not to get. As we all know with only a one goal lead there is always the danger. The issue was at 1-1 our heads then went allowing their player to catch it before scoring the winner.

Deserved more from the ref overall, and it’s now a mental block as much as anything. Just a bloody sickening result.

I do believe once we get that home win, confidence will rise. At the moment it’s just a massive burden and the players know it. 

Difficult job for Nige not to get angry with them like we do 

11 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I was sat 10 yards away and Scott dived, the defender got a toe to the ball - It wasn’t a penalty!!

I will say though that some refs would have given it but I would have been gutted if it was given against us 

Thanks for confirming what I thought!

17 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Absolutely shocking refereeing. I don't care how bad we were at the end. That goal is handball, and how he never gave the penalty on Scott is also astounding.

Another “look at me” ref,  never in the right place, not sure if the assistants were any more helpful. Quite how he missed some of that I’ll never know.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Preston. Luton Fulham Bournemouth. We never looked like winning whereas tonight I thought we looked a lot better.  The stats may not back me up but we had more chances than our previous home games and Bentley was a lot quieter tonight

And we sat back. Period. We tackled and battled,protecting Bentley against an average Forest side.
we hardly kept possession. The stats backs that up. We were at home and sat back hoping to hit on a break AGAIN

8 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Another “look at me” ref,  never in the right place, not sure if the assistants were any more helpful. Quite how he missed some of that I’ll never know.

Not wanting to labour the point but surely if the bloke can't know that that was a handball, you have to ask the question or his integrity or even of his eyesight.

Ref, this is a ball, this is an arm, this is a bloke controlling the ball with an arm.

Come on, how ******* difficult it that?

Edited by AppyDAZE
28 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I was sat 10 yards away and Scott dived, the defender got a toe to the ball - It wasn’t a penalty!!

I will say though that some refs would have given it but I would have been gutted if it was given against us 

And one has to assume that is also what the ref believes he sees.

However, the best angle I have seen is 1:10 here. I honestly do not think he does get the ball. He clearly misses and catches Scott.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/12438671/bristol-city-1-2-nottingham-forest

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

And one has to assume that is also what the ref believes he sees.

However, the best angle I have see is 1:13 here. I honestly do not think he does get the ball.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/12438671/bristol-city-1-2-nottingham-forest

He doesn't get the ball and any City fan on here tonight saying that that isn't a pen has an agenda.

Edited by AppyDAZE
55 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

What new manager gets to change an entire squad immediately ? Many manage to produce winning teams from previous managers players without changing one. Not sure of this mantra of "he is working with other peoples crap players" holds much water at this point. Just sounds like an excuse. - IMO

It is, the amount of latitude he is being given by most if not all posters on here just goes to show that he can get away with practically anything.  I'm fairly certain he would have been out the door by now in a majority of clubs, were just too nice. LJ was given too long I hope we don't end up doing the same again as as we stand playing wise I can see the trapdoor looming, we got away with it last season this time we may not be so lucky.

Edited by pillred
punctuation
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, pillred said:

It is, the amount of latitude he is being given by most if not all posters on here just goes to show that you he can get away with practically anything.  I'm fairly certain he would have been out the door by now in a majority of clubs, were just too nice. LJ was given too long I hope we don't end up doing the same again as as we stand playing wise I can see the trapdoor looming, we got away with it last season this time we may not be so lucky.

Who do you want to replace him with?

7 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

And we sat back. Period. We tackled and battled,protecting Bentley against an average Forest side.
we hardly kept possession. The stats backs that up. We were at home and sat back hoping to hit on a break AGAIN

It’s what happens when the confidence isn’t there.  It’s like a boxer being afraid to take a punch, they naturally retreat and cover up then get their ass kicked.  It’s all about mental strength 

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

It is, the amount of latitude he is being given by most if not all posters on here just goes to show that he can get away with practically anything.  I'm fairly certain he would have been out the door by now in a majority of clubs, were just too nice. LJ was given too long I hope we don't end up doing the same again as as we stand playing wise I can see the trapdoor looming, we got away with it last season this time we may not be so lucky.

Lee Johnson was given 4 + years. Hardly a comparison. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, pillred said:

He wouldn’t be given the door by most clubs because he has a great away record and currently mid table 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Not wanting to labour the point but surely if the bloke can't know that that was a handball, you have to ask the question or his integrity or even of his eyesight.

Ref, this is a ball, this is an arm, this is a bloke controlling the ball with an arm.

Come on, how ******* difficult it that?

What was the linesman watching… I suspect the ref was so poorly positioned he would not even have seen Taylor, let alone the handball 

7 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

What was the linesman watching… I suspect the ref was so poorly positioned he would not even have seen Taylor, let alone the handball 

Good point about the lino, definitely should have seen it. For me, the ref shouldn't miss that either. VAR and not a chance of a goal being awarded.

I think a second look at Scott's pen would favour us too.

It's so easy to start throwing a wobbly because it has happened again, but I feel for the playersw tonight.

Edited by AppyDAZE
6 minutes ago, pillred said:

And again what would you change? Third time I’ve asked you, but still no answer…I get it sack the manager as that must be the only answer but replace with who and where is the cash coming from for them to spend?

• Like 1