Jump to content
IGNORED

Nottingham Forest at home match day thread


Jerseybean
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, BcFcOneLove said:

Don't really get this argument, as we have made £60m+ profit on players over the last few years and are the 6th most supported club in the championship this season.... We're not exactly skint!

I've lost count of how many times this has been explained. Here is the latest thread:

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/214252-ffp-or-not-prepared-to-spend-the-actual-stats/

 

Edited by chinapig
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we had less then 5 touches inside their box the whole game. Wow. Like really for a premier league class manager and an at least average set of championship players that is awful. Couldn’t get the ball on the floor in their half, lost it constantly, bad communication, always half the speed of the opponents, sadly it screams a relegation bound team. Not saying we will get relegated but if we keep performing like that we will be. 
On the verge of Pearson out already. 
What fun it is to be a city fan.

  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, redrob said:

Do you mean the Wells 1 on 1 that the keeper pulled off a great save to tip it onto the post and out for a corner but which the ref gave a goal kick? 

I've never seen a player who people give so many excuses for as Wells 

Face it, he's been a flop

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Jesus... 

Ref was crap, thought we played well against probably one of the in form teams in the country.

Scott was a revelation, Wells, James, Baker and Kalas looked good.

A stupid mistake against Luton and one tonight have cost us. Silly errors no doubt Nige will get these out of us.

A game that could've gone either way, sadly it didn't go ours, but even then, I did enjoy it.

That team cares and runs and fights. Its a very young team, nieve in fact, but we are not a million miles off. We just don't have the options up front.

Breathe everyone. Remember our result against QPR, sometimes it does and will go our way.

You cannot call a team with Weimann, Wells and Martin as our attacking options as very young.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

You wanted Pearson the same as many others. 

Sorry - you've got the wrong end of the stick. I did indeed want Pearson and think Pearson is doing an ok job in the circumstances. No money and a substandard squad. Amazed we are doing as well as we are. He's rescuing the shambles that LJ & Ashton left us.

Pearson, GJ and Cotts are the only decent managerial appointments Lansdown has made...and Cotts was that other chap's suggestion. For all his money Lansdown has made a right bags of much of the past 20 years! 

 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Flames 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

You dont think pearson is setting us up to try and waste time, kill the game and and play hoof ball to play percentages?

I think one follows the other. Ultimately Pearson is trying to grind out a win in a team that we know currently panics at the last minute. 

I think that, once again, we dropped too deep and subbed too many attacking outlets. But I also don't know whether I think we dropped too deep because we subbed too many attacking outlets or Pearson subbed the attackers because he had spotted that - whether or not it was his instruction - the team were instinctively panicking and dropping deep.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Before tonight, how many last min goals have we conceded in the league? Two? Terribly crap and disappointing but hardly worthy of Groundhog Day status in the context of the number of games we’ve played so far - we are, however, charging towards Sunderland’s record of home games without a win ... 🍷😳

We’ve conceded in the final minutes of three from seven home games (Blackpool, Luton and tonight) so basically ever second home game.

Might not be Groundhog Day but feels pretty close.

Admittedly our away from is much better and is keeping us competitive, but we also don’t sit back half as much, even on leads or when drawing there.

As I mentioned; I’d prefer we try and play more expansive at home, even if we end up losing by more, as at this point ‘holding on’ isn’t working.

Edited by samo II
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Jesus... 

Ref was crap, thought we played well against probably one of the in form teams in the country.

Scott was a revelation, Wells, James, Baker and Kalas looked good.

A stupid mistake against Luton and one tonight have cost us. Silly errors no doubt Nige will get these out of us.

A game that could've gone either way, sadly it didn't go ours, but even then, I did enjoy it.

That team cares and runs and fights. Its been years since i thought that. Its a very young team, nieve in fact, but we are not a million miles off. We just don't have the options up front.

Breathe everyone. Remember our result against QPR, sometimes it does and will go our way.

Finally a bit of sanity. We were all right tonight and a lot of positives. Was a good game to watch. HNM looked good. Some panicky play at end when if we had confidence we would have held onto ball. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, hertsexile said:

A very frustrating night we need some luck at home second goal hand ball. 
How nice it would be to have some consistency from referees clear contact on Scott in first half yet no pen

You make your own luck. Don’t sit deep for 20 mins and those goals don’t happen. No need for it 

  • Hmmm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Atkinson?

The point I’m trying to make is that we wasted millions under Ashton & Johnson, and now we are stuck in FFP imposed austerity under Gould & Pearson. 
 

If only Pearson had have been given the finances that were so recklessly squandered under Ashton.

So infuriating.

  • Like 3
  • Flames 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having watched highlights…

- Scott is a pen (see below)

- Wells shot onto post definitely saved 

- Definitely pen for Forest

- Taylor not offside

- Taylor definitely handball

So, I reckon of 5 decisions 2 are right (the ones Forests way) and 3 are wrong (the ones our way). That’s not bitter, that’s madness.

7919C3A1-F595-4ADD-984C-BB00730E11F7.png

270FB730-4604-46E0-8115-7FEDC3F00534.png

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

You're right. Unfortunately if you don't win home games, neither will happen.

We allow duff managers to piss money up the wall, then finally appoint someone that can actually do it and he hasn't got a pot to piss in. Stupid, just stupid.

Post of the night for me!

If he gets half the support Johnson did we will do very well indeed!

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, lukebcfc1989 said:

I think the stadium may play apart, it’s no Wembley don’t get me wrong but I get the feeling away teams and supporters really enjoy coming here, the poor record goes back to when Cotterill was in charge.

Even when we finished rock bottom in the Championship our home record was reasonable 😂

We aren’t good enough to be offering travelling teams 5* hospitality.

Team before ground should always be the way…

e.g Brentford and Bournemouth.

Or if you get the ground make sure you get the fkn team… E.g Brighton

We we’re never going to get it right🤷‍♂️ The Bristol way

No way. The stadium is nice but there are many nice grounds in this league 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We need (somehow) to get 3 or 4 up against someone truly dreadful. Isn’t that 16 points from 18 for Forest? We’re not get the rub of the green (looked like blatant handball and possibly offside for the winner), but mentally we’re making it tough for ourselves. As others have mentioned, some of the hoofing and heading second half was so wasteful, we have to be calm enough to hang onto the ball, at least a bit.
 

In lots of ways I thought we looked okay. 3 at the back and wing backs worked alright and thought James, Wells and Scott all had decent games. All the substitutions made us worse I thought, but also thought all understandable given tiring players. Still not convinced by Bents as captain, doesn’t scream ‘cool head in a crisis’, would prefer James, but maybe he hates the idea. 
 

Oh well, back on the road for some respite and a demolition of the Baggies. 

Edited by The Swan and Cemetery
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Lordofthebling said:

Nope, as I said, we don't have options up front.

It’s too many very young players mixed with old players , not enough 24-28 year olds in midfield and attack in their prime starting week in week out, bad mix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, samo II said:

We’ve conceded in the final minutes of three from seven home games (Blackpool, Luton and tonight) so basically ever second home game.

Might not be Groundhog Day but feels pretty close.

Admittedly our away from is much better and is keeping us competitive, but we also don’t sit back half as much, even on leads or when drawing there.

As I mentioned; I’d prefer we try and play more expansive at home, even if we end up losing by more, as at this point ‘holding on’ isn’t working.

Apologies, I didn’t realise you were only talking about home games - football seasons tend to include a fair amount of away games too so I was looking at the season as a whole ... keep the faith! 👍✌️🍷

  • Robin 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RedsTilliDie said:

I think we had less then 5 touches inside their box the whole game. Wow. Like really for a premier league class manager and an at least average set of championship players that is awful. Couldn’t get the ball on the floor in their half, lost it constantly, bad communication, always half the speed of the opponents, sadly it screams a relegation bound team. Not saying we will get relegated but if we keep performing like that we will be. 
On the verge of Pearson out already. 
What fun it is to be a city fan.

Nope we had plenty of touches in their box and several very good chances. Scott and DaSilva in the first half, Wells second. Another day and we could have been 2 up and cruising. That said I think they were are always going to have to score 2 to win at home. That 90th minute onwards is in the players heads now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Sorry - you've got the wrong end of the stick. I did indeed want Pearson and think Pearson is doing an ok job in the circumstances. No money and a substandard squad. Amazed we are doing as well as we are. He's rescuing the shambles that LJ & Ashton left us.

Pearson, GJ and Cotts are the only decent managerial appointments Lansdown has made...and Cotts was that other chap's suggestion. For all his money Lansdown has made a right bags of much of the past 20 years! 

 

 

 

Correct. He’s dealing with legacy of Johnson and Holden. He needs at the very least another year to sort this ******* shit out. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Having watched highlights…

- Scott is a pen (see below)

- Wells shot onto post definitely saved 

- Definitely pen for Forest

- Taylor not offside

- Taylor definitely handball

So, I reckon of 5 decisions 2 are right (the ones Forests way) and 3 are wrong (the ones our way). That’s not bitter, that’s madness.

7919C3A1-F595-4ADD-984C-BB00730E11F7.png

270FB730-4604-46E0-8115-7FEDC3F00534.png

James clattered their player and they should have had a penalty for that 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, RedsTilliDie said:

I think we had less then 5 touches inside their box the whole game. Wow. Like really for a premier league class manager and an at least average set of championship players that is awful. Couldn’t get the ball on the floor in their half, lost it constantly, bad communication, always half the speed of the opponents, sadly it screams a relegation bound team. Not saying we will get relegated but if we keep performing like that we will be. 
On the verge of Pearson out already. 
What fun it is to be a city fan.

We had approximately 697 touches in the box in one chance alone in the first half when everyone passed it to each other rather than shooting...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Having watched highlights…

- Scott is a pen (see below)

- Wells shot onto post definitely saved 

- Definitely pen for Forest

- Taylor not offside

- Taylor definitely handball

So, I reckon of 5 decisions 2 are right (the ones Forests way) and 3 are wrong (the ones our way). That’s not bitter, that’s madness.

7919C3A1-F595-4ADD-984C-BB00730E11F7.png

270FB730-4604-46E0-8115-7FEDC3F00534.png

Taylor was well onside...

Scott not sure if dive or pen, more likely the latter but definitely nowhere near the ball Mr Martin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, The Swan and Cemetery said:

We need (somehow) to get 3 or 4 up against someone truly dreadful. Isn’t that 16 points from 18 for Forest? We’re not get the rub of the green (looked like blatant handball and possibly offside for the winner), but mentally we’re making it tough for ourselves. As others have mentioned, some of the hoofing and heading second half was so wasteful, we have to be calm enough to hang onto the ball, at least a bit.
 

In lots of ways I thought we looked okay. 3 at the back and wing backs worked alright and thought James, Wells and Scott all had decent games. All the substitutions made us worse I thought, but also thought all understandable given tiring players. Still not convinced by Bents as captain, doesn’t scream ‘cool head in a crisis’, would prefer James, but maybe he hates the idea. 
 

Oh well, back on the road for some respite and a demolition on the Baggies. 

And there's our problem. We just dont have the depth. Martin is knackered, Wells (and I'm a huge critic) ran his socks off, we have no-one else.

Cabt see this team getting relegated. Blood the youngsters this season, I'm looking at next season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...