IGNORED

Macerators

Ska Junkie

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Anybody ever fitted one? Seems quite simple but can you connect the 'waste' output to your domestic waste pipe under the sink or does it have to go into the main drain?

Mrs wants another toilet even though we've already got 2. 

Any advice would be more than welcome.

Never fitted one but my parents had one a friend had one and they are more trouble then they are worth and will end up costing you a load when they break down, and of course they can only be looked at by trained professionals accredited by the company that makes them, and those are few and far between, so when t goes tits up you could be waiting weeks. And of course if you don't use the specific solution, then your warranty is void as well, which adds to the reassuring expensive bog.  If you do not absolutely need one, then steer well clear.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Anybody ever fitted one? Seems quite simple but can you connect the 'waste' output to your domestic waste pipe under the sink or does it have to go into the main drain?

Yes and photos would be good before I reply

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Tell Mrs SJ that even the French don't have 3 toilets. Toulouse is enough.

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

On 19/10/2021 at 17:13, Ska Junkie said:

Make sure you get one with metal blades but be careful what you flush down it. Plastic blades and you will end up in the poop.  We use a couple in France. Last one I bought cost circa €600 and has lasted probably 8 years if not more.

Edited by BigTone
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

I've fitted many and unblocked a few. Personally I  dont like them at all and would try not to install one if you dont need to.

I had one in town that kept blocking up and I literally had raw sewage going through the light fitting into the kitchen below... The chef was not impressed ??

So that's where you got your username from!

• Haha 1

On 27/10/2021 at 10:33, Isawjonshaw said:

I’d recommend  Saniflo.  I’d also recommend a plumber who knows hat he is doing regarding installation.  If you have any issues and it’s installed correctly.  Saniflo will come and sort out any issues after the first 3 years of installing. 

Ah yes they will, if they have anyone available in the area, you could wait months. I would suggest not going near them with a barge pole from personal experience. I can't complain a about the install, I would massively complain about reliability, customer service and after sales service of Saniflo   

Woeful, left with out a working toilet for 4 months, and if you get someone to look at it who is not saniflo trained the warranty is invalidated.. you may as well invalidate it and get it looked at rather than wait for Saniflo.  Shocking company imo.