IGNORED

HAHAHA

Bs4Red

21 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

It really isn’t though is it. You could see a late goal coming and the way Taylor grabbed the ball and ran back to the half way line when he equalised he knew we were cooked and we were there for the taking 

I can honestly say that was 5 of the most pathetic minutes I have ever seen. Embarrassing

Im really starting question what Pearson and the coaching staff are doing. 

Indeed. I was sat here praying for the win bit genuinely expecting and equaliser. As you said they way Smith grabbed that ball and ran back to restart tells you all you need to know, they knew we were there for the taking. Im still behind Pearson but christ the patience is wearing thin, its a result based business unfortunately and his results are dire at home how ever you dress it up.

5 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

We have enough experience  in the squad to be seeing out games against teams like Forest, Blackpool and Luton 

cannot blame previous coaches for games like tonight. This is all on the current crop of coaches and players 

Full internationals like Kalas players like Baker with tons of Championship and Prem games under his belt Dasilva another with plenty of experience at this level.. you can make a case for Atkinson and Tanner but they have enough experience around them.. It’s a disgrace and Pearson and the coaching staff should be getting more out of this team.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bris red said:

Indeed. I was sat here praying for the win bit genuinely expecting and equaliser. As you said they way Smith grabbed that ball and ran back to restart tells you all you need to know, they knew we were there for the taking. Im still behind Pearson but christ the patience is wearing thin, its a result based business unfortunately and his results are dire at home how ever you dress it up.

The worry for me is that result tonight could be catastrophic for confidence ….confidence that was already on the floor anyway 

Sadly I can see the rot setting in on the back of this 

• Like 1

If anyone seriously wants Pearson out then they’re just a typical modern fan who wants change for changes sake. Someone else to come in & turn things upside down. Yes the home form is ridiculous ,but   we know it’s going to be a long rebuild. No manager tells his players to sit back , it’s subconsciously  done after the run we been on. Scott & Wells were ****** & needed  to come off. Our bench though is well short. O’dowda is terrible & so is Palmer. Like playing with 9 men . 

• Like 4

Just now, Andy082005 said:

The worry for me is that result tonight could be catastrophic for confidence ….confidence that was already on the floor anyway 

Sadly I can see the rot setting in on the back of this 

I agree fully to be honest, we are looking down the barrel now and with the greatest of respect to Pearson the home crowd will start to turn on him sooner or later and who can blame them - we have been patient enough IMO. 

The tactics encourage teams to keep attacking us later in games as we get deeper and deeper. So the chances of conceding late are already increased. Then we have the questionable mentality and confidence, which will now be even shakier than ever. Unless we are 2-0 up going into injury time, you can forget us winning at home anytime soon.

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

If anyone seriously wants Pearson out then they’re just a typical modern fan who wants change for changes sake. Someone else to come in & turn things upside down. Yes the home form is ridiculous ,but   we know it’s going to be a long rebuild. No manager tells his players to sit back , it’s subconsciously  done after the run we been on. Scott & Wells were ****** & needed  to come off. Our bench though is well short. O’dowda is terrible & so is Palmer. Like playing with 9 men . 

Agree with you, You right Odowda is a terrible player, Palmer is a confidence player.  The biggest problem with the home form now of metal. We are not mentally strong enough.

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Pearson is failing to motivate the side and is failing tactically.   If anyone wants him out it is because we are getting worse and worse under him and they fear for where we will end up.  There is every reason to believe that Pearson could take us down.  For how long will posters like you absolve him of all blame for the shambles that we saw on Saturday and tonight?  Progress?  Don’t make me laugh…

11 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

You can’t keep blaming the past coaches….Pearson and his coaching staff have had plenty of time to get into their heads and at least make them a well organised, tough team to beat even if we don’t play spectacular football.

Arguably true.

However, Pearson's style needs at least people who can play wide, at least if we're referring to his standard 4-3-3/4-2-3-1.

Speaking from a technical standpoint.

O'Dowda, Weimann, Wells, Semenyo - none of them are arguably good enough for this level.

Harsh on Andi, but I'm speak from a purely technical standpoint.

Pring - Deputised well, but not his main position and needed a rest.

I don't see a reason to point the finger at NP, because I don't see any manager doing any better. We simply have no technically gifted players, others are simply not mobile, fit enough, or suit the playstyle to play a press as of yet (Palmer, Bakinson, in particular).

We have no room to maneuver in the market, however four of our best performing players have made marked improvements compared to the previous regime (season) or been given deserved game time, i.e. Scott, Pring, Tanner, and Massengo. All under Pearson, all 23 or younger and previously not involved (DH).

That aside the issue is that the majority of the full time 'experienced' players are either past it, albeit more possibly not suiting the style (Martin) or not good enough technically to allow us to play a particular brand of football - it's as simple as that. Be it Wells, Martin, Weimann, O'Dowda, Bakinson. Given the choice on performances this season I arguably given a choice would play none of the above. But here we are.

Ergo the finger points at historical recruitment and wage spending, each of which were under, for the huge majority, the previous regime, this wouldn't have been much of a problem - if said impact wasn't also at the same time as a nationwide pandemic.

Today case in point, Forest at least have players who technically excel at this level, for example, who would walk into our team if we compare ball skill vs work rate; Alex Mighten, Brennan Johnson, Scott McKenna, Joe Lolley, Lewis Grabban, among others.

We have no balance in this regard.

We're reliant, each game, on out working the opposition - the issue is this falls down when, such as today, you have a slight congestion in the schedule and no depth.

Comparing Technical Ability, I argue we perhaps have the worst squad in this division, possibly only above the likes (defensively) of Hull and Peterborough. That's it.

It's going to be a frustrating spell, but we're just along for the rise at this point.

18 minutes ago, bris red said:

Full internationals like Kalas players like Baker with tons of Championship and Prem games under his belt Dasilva another with plenty of experience at this level.. you can make a case for Atkinson and Tanner but they have enough experience around them.. It’s a disgrace and Pearson and the coaching staff should be getting more out of this team.

I agree totally, Martin/ Weimann have also got hundreds of games at this level.

James has won a premier league. This squad has plenty of championship experience

50 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

The strange thing was that Forest's crossing was terrible, but once Spence pushed the ball past Dasilva on 90, along comes gift-horse Baker. Brilliant at repelling crosses, but don't go to ground when attempting a tackle against pace. And to cap it all we backed off again, Mighten back to Lolley, a curled shot, soft hands by Bentley to push the ball onto Taylor's arm before he bundled the ball home. A defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. Again. I feel sick.

A fantastic summation.

48 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

You can’t keep blaming the past coaches….Pearson and his coaching staff have had plenty of time to get into their heads and at least make them a well organised, tough team to beat even if we don’t play spectacular football.

At last some sense on this subject. Unbelievable how Lee Johnson crops up here regularly if we’ve lost. 
Steve Cooper has won almost as many matches at Forest in five minutes as Nigel Pearson has since February. He’s even won a home game.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Pearson is failing to motivate the side and is failing tactically.   If anyone wants him out it is because we are getting worse and worse under him and they fear for where we will end up.  There is every reason to believe that Pearson could take us down.  For how long will posters like you absolve him of all blame for the shambles that we saw on Saturday and tonight?  Progress?  Don’t make me laugh…

Because of the mess inherited. I’m not completely absolving him but the task is massive & the squads not good enough . 

21 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Realistically flogging him scott and massengo is the only way we have to raise funds

Bentley, Massengo especially, Scott, and Tanner are our best players, so okay lets sell them all and really **** our squad up, we usually sell our best players, may as well do it again if that's the way forward, I don't think so!!!