IGNORED

Rock bottom

Dredd

Not tonight. The manner of the defeat tonight was shocking, exposed some individual flaws and really really sucked.

But.

Saturday for me was far worse. No semblance of fight in the team, near on nothing created and nobody played well.

Tonight, Scott, Wells, Tanner, James all played really well, we created chances, we had Wells running in behind, Scott should have had a penalty, Wells hit the post, and (possibly controversially considering the last 2 mins) we defended well for most of the game. With a few better decisions from us and the ref we would have put that game to bed. 
We will beat Barnsley. 

• Like 6

I kinda think the manner of how tonight ended will be a turning point we’ll look back in months and years to come, maybe it had to happen like this to give us the mental toughness we need 

Given how little fight there was Saturday there was clearly a reaction tonight so we clearly do have players and management that care but the reality is we’re a work in progress and playing at home at the moment is becoming more of a confidence thing and the players are almost expecting something like tonight to happen 

• Like 1

Let’s hope tonight turns out to be the turning point which some refer to - so frustrating and a result which we didn’t deserve.

I don’t care what any of the players or Nige says…this home record will be playing on the players minds!

Once we get the first win at home, we will be fine - let’s hope it comes a week on Saturday ?

17 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Not tonight. The manner of the defeat tonight was shocking, exposed some individual flaws and really really sucked.

But.

Saturday for me was far worse. No semblance of fight in the team, near on nothing created and nobody played well.

Tonight, Scott, Wells, Tanner, James all played really well, we created chances, we had Wells running in behind, Scott should have had a penalty, Wells hit the post, and (possibly controversially considering the last 2 mins) we defended well for most of the game. With a few better decisions from us and the ref we would have put that game to bed. 
We will beat Barnsley. 

For me that was one of the most pleasing things about tonight before the **** hit the fan.

I feel sorry for the defence continually having to bail out the players in front of them. There's only so many times you can put your body on the line before something breaks.

Watching this team at home reminds of watching England when they come up against half decent opposition, they just revert to type when they come under extreme mental pressure, eventually caving in which is why you are seeing us concede really late in games. It's just not sustainable and for me comes from the manager to instill a certain amount of confidence in their own ability by giving them the tools and the knowledge to cope with situations, thus alleviating the mental stress which in turn should improve decision making. 

To see the same mistakes being made over and over again is extremely worrying. For me the same pattern is emerging as under the two previous managers. Personally I would get rid of Simpson and Downing. I've not seen any improvement in the players technical ability and decision making in the time they've been here, especially in midfield, it's like the players are complete strangers.

5 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

For me that was one of the most pleasing things about tonight before the **** hit the fan.

I feel sorry for the defence continually having to bail out the players in front of them. There's only so many times you can put your body on the line before something breaks.

Watching this team at home reminds of watching England when they come up against half decent opposition, they just revert to type when they come under extreme mental pressure, eventually caving in which is why you are seeing us concede really late in games. It's just not sustainable and for me comes from the manager to instill a certain amount of confidence in their own ability by giving them the tools and the knowledge to cope with situations, thus alleviating the mental stress which in turn should improve decision making. 

To see the same mistakes being made over and over again is extremely worrying. For me the same pattern is emerging as under the two previous managers. Personally I would get rid of Simpson and Downing. I've not seen any improvement in the players technical ability and decision making in the time they've been here, especially in midfield, it's like the players are complete strangers.

I can’t disagree with this at all - I’ve never seen what Simpson and Downing have brought to the party.

Make the change!

Saturday was much worse.

Thought the team were up for it more tonight, thought the fans were more up for it tonight- the substitutions I wondered about but with the relatively thin squad and injuries there is only so much that can be done.

However, I dunno about anyone else but I had a feeling that we would concede late on, perhaps concede both- I hoped we wouldn't but it didn't come as a huge shock- the penalty was suspect, also we can look at Wells hitting the woodwork- that goes in, 2-0 we win surely.

• Like 1